PDA

View Full Version : Infomercial Wednesday!

Gingersnap
12-01-2010, 09:53 AM
We're warming up into the low 50s today. Yay!

TOTD: The infomercials are running hot and heavy for the Holiday season right now. You can't seem to spend 10 minutes watching TV without seeing a commercial or infomercial for the latest must-have gadget. Who knows how many people will receive a Snuggie, Fushigi ball, or EasyFeet foot washing system this Christmas?

What are the most interesting infomercials you've seen lately? What are the worst? Have you bought any of the items lately or are you thinking about it? In theory, I'm pretty taken with the Miche convertible handbag. :D

noonwitch
12-01-2010, 10:53 AM
It's snowing today, lightly.

TOTD: I wonder about the japanese cloud pillow. I am having a hard time finding a pillow that works for me. The cloud pillow is full of little beads, and can protect the eggs from the sledgehammer in the commercial's trial.
My anemic sister swears by her Snuggie. She has a MSU Spartans Snuggie.

Gingersnap
12-01-2010, 11:13 AM
It's snowing today, lightly.

TOTD: I wonder about the japanese cloud pillow. I am having a hard time finding a pillow that works for me. The cloud pillow is full of little beads, and can protect the eggs from the sledgehammer in the commercial's trial.

If it can protect an egg from a sledgehammer, imagine what it could do for you in a home invasion scenario. If it's $19.99, I say go for it.

linda22003
12-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Eggs? Did someone mention eggs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxZxYZdzpWk

Rebel Yell
12-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Eggs? Did someone mention eggs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxZxYZdzpWk

THAT was the first one to pop to mind for me. Neat product, but really? Are we now too fucking lazy to even peel an egg?

jendf
12-01-2010, 04:41 PM

People rave about 'em. For some reason, I can't bring myself to buy one. I'm warming to the idea though.

As far as other infomercials go, no new products come to mind. I am getting a hoot out of the new Life Alert commercial though. This is the company that used to have the old lady who said, "I've fallen and I can't get up."

Now they have a woman falling in the shower and having to wait for her daughter to find her. The acting is hilariously awful.

marv
12-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Cold, overcast and windy!

TOTD: GEICO is finally getting away from that grubby little green thing. The "Can Switching to GEICO..." ads are great, especially the "Two In the Bush" one. But the drill sargeant/therapist one sucks.

The Travelers Insurance "Take the Scary Out" are some really cute ads too, especially with the animals.

Kay
12-01-2010, 10:36 PM
The new love interest in my late night tv ad life is Mayhem (Dean Witter).
I am just so in lust for him. He is SO cute in this one at 15 seconds when
he says "OMG Becky's not even hot". And then particularly at 26 seconds
when he winks....I'd like to inflict some mayhem on him. :cool:

vtP-S9OS0o0

And I like this one at the end (26 sec) when does the evil laugh:

5OH_gUt4Oww&feature=related

1DU5LKoC1A8&feature=channel

Shannon
12-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Cold, overcast and windy!

TOTD: GEICO is finally getting away from that grubby little green thing. The "Can Switching to GEICO..." ads are great, especially the "Two In the Bush" one. But the drill sargeant/therapist one sucks.

The Travelers Insurance "Take the Scary Out" are some really cute ads too, especially with the animals.

Those are not technically infomercials but the "Two in the Bush" one is my favorite.:D I also love the drill sergeant one.:(

Kay
12-01-2010, 10:51 PM
But for something that I might actually order,
I'd like to try out the pasta boat. Not so much
for cooking pasta, but for doing baked potatoes
in the microwave, and other veggies with the
steamer insert.

Sb7PEU8r_wg

Articulate_Ape
12-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Seductive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX1viP3TkVA

Gingersnap
12-02-2010, 09:56 AM
You'll be thrilled to know they now have one just for men. ;)