PDA

View Full Version : I walked out of a store today because

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2010, 07:16 PM
:rolleyes: JHC... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9664595) :D

Skidmore (1000+ posts) Wed Dec-01-10 11:54 AM
Original message I walked out of a store today because

the Christmas music was making me anxious. Going to do my weekly errands in town has become a source of stress. How to make the gas to get there stretch, how to make the grocery budget money cover the necessities, and hoping against hope that nothing breaks during the week which absolutely must be replaced. I started my shopping going off of my carefully prepared list, but my attention kept wandering and my heart started pounding so hard I could hear it in my ears and I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach you get when you need to take flight. I did. I wheeled my cart over by the customer service stand and ask the lady if I could leave it there for a bit and I went outside to calm myself. I realized I was panicking and that, as I sought to calm myself, some of the relief came from not being exposed to the loud Christmas music in the store. This holiday finds me anxious and scared and angry. I'm sick of being told I have to shop to support an economy which doesn't support us adequately. I'm sick of being told that our lives are not worth the effort of extremely wealthy people who benefit from our labor and spending to invest in our infrastructure and in jobs. I'm sick of hearing about jittery millionaires and billionaires who won't invest because they don't know what their tax rates will be for the next year. I'm sick of being extorted.

I will not Christmas shop this year. I gave a little money to my daughter for her to buy clothing for the grandchildren for Christmas, but beyond those essentials, I will not spend one thin dime to line the pockets of another freaking filthy rich person who will shelter it overseas or in hedge funds. We will continue to buy the necessities and nothing else.

So Christmas music is bothering this DUmmie...good lord, these people are pathetic!!!
:D

AmPat
12-01-2010, 07:25 PM
:rolleyes: JHC... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9664595) :D

So Christmas music is bothering this DUmmie...good lord, these people are pathetic!!!
:D

I'd bet this DUmmy wouldn't have a problem with that hideous shreiking that comes from a Mineret 5 times a day.

marv
12-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Maybe she should call the Salvation Army.........

NJCardFan
12-01-2010, 07:48 PM
You know you're miserable when Christmas music upsets you. Holy crap these people are pathetic.

Adam Wood
12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I'll freely admit that I get pretty damn sick of Christmas music everywhere after a couple of weeks. After I've heard the same damn seven songs thirteen billion times, I grow pretty weary of it. But there's no way in hell that I'm going to fake some sort of panic attack to get out of a store to make some sort of idiotic political statement.

Good grief.

NJCardFan
12-01-2010, 09:53 PM
When I'm shopping, the music is just that, background music. I hardly notice it.

FDK
12-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Well, at least the Cheetos are safe.

Just another DUmmie depressing the OBAMA economy by not spending.

noonwitch
12-02-2010, 08:50 AM
I like Christmas music, but when I worked at K-Mart or Steketee's, I hated hearing it after a while. Especially bad, muzak-style Christmas music. Ugh.

Or that awful Christmas Shoes song. Dead people don't need shoes!

NJCardFan
12-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I like Christmas music, but when I worked at K-Mart or Steketee's, I hated hearing it after a while. Especially bad, muzak-style Christmas music. Ugh.

Or that awful Christmas Shoes song. Dead people don't need shoes!
You're kidding me, right? You ripping on a song about a little kid buying his dying mother a pair of shoes?

Speedy
12-03-2010, 02:05 AM
This DUmmie's story just warms my heart. I have done really well this year with my business and today, to top it off I got another mesotheleoma settlement check of $9989.72. Used half of it to payoff a couple loans and Christmas shopped with the rest.

noonwitch
12-03-2010, 08:53 AM
You're kidding me, right? You ripping on a song about a little kid buying his dying mother a pair of shoes?

His mother would rather he use that money to buy a toy. She doesn't need shoes in heaven or hell.

I hate "It's a Wonderful Life", too. I hate sappy crap, except "The Sound Of Music".

My favorite Christmas themed movie is "The Lion In Winter". I have a dysfunctional family, I can relate.

Gingersnap
12-03-2010, 10:18 AM
This poster is irrational. Nobody is "telling" anybody to misspend their money to boost the economy. Almost everybody works within a budget and gets upset if something major breaks and needs to be replaced.

Experiencing a panic attack upon exposure to Christmas music (or any commonplace thing) requires cognitive behavioral therapy to deconstruct the irrational self-talk that supports the base anxiety. If the poster doesn't qualify for free or reduced fee treatment, there are huge resources on the internet to walk her through DIY treatment.

Adam Wood
12-03-2010, 11:17 AM
His mother would rather he use that money to buy a toy. She doesn't need shoes in heaven or hell.

I hate "It's a Wonderful Life", too. I hate sappy crap, except "The Sound Of Music".

My favorite Christmas themed movie is "The Lion In Winter". I have a dysfunctional family, I can relate.

My, aren't we just a ray of fucking sunshine. :p :D

Adam Wood
12-03-2010, 11:18 AM
This poster is irrational. Nobody is "telling" anybody to misspend their money to boost the economy. Almost everybody works within a budget and gets upset if something major breaks and needs to be replaced.

Experiencing a panic attack upon exposure to Christmas music (or any commonplace thing) requires cognitive behavioral therapy to deconstruct the irrational self-talk that supports the base anxiety. If the poster doesn't qualify for free or reduced fee treatment, there are huge resources on the internet to walk her through DIY treatment.Experiencing a panic attack upon exposure to Christmas music requires a bullet through the brain.

Gingersnap
12-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Experiencing a panic attack upon exposure to Christmas music requires a bullet through the brain.

That would work too but my way is less expensive in terms of legal fees. :cool:

Apache
12-03-2010, 06:28 PM

Experiencing a panic attack upon exposure to Christmas music (or any commonplace thing) requires cognitive behavioral therapy to deconstruct the irrational self-talk that supports the base anxiety. If the poster doesn't qualify for free or reduced fee treatment, there are huge resources on the internet to walk her through DIY treatment.

Bingo!