PDA

View Full Version : Mr. President, you've lost my respect. You’ve lost my admiration. You’ve lost my vote

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2010, 08:26 PM
:eek: O.M.G.!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9665415)

Cyrano (1000+ posts) Wed Dec-01-10 01:28 PM

Original message Mr. President, you've lost my respect. You’ve lost my admiration. You’ve lost my vote.

I'm disappointed with you. I'm saddened by you. I am angry that I believed in the hope you promised us, and then turned your back on us.

As that lady at a town hall meeting said, “I’m tired of defending you.”

You asked us to be patient. Patience doesn’t include being repeatedly sold out.

You promised us change. But you didn’t mention it was change for the worse.

You implicitly asked for our trust. And then you betrayed us.

I have no idea how you view your performance in office. And I no longer care.

Please step aside in 2012 and allow us to vote for someone who will stand up for us.

You held out to us the dream of greatness. Yet, you’ve become a small, pathetic man. And nothing saddens me more than that.

I love it!!!! So many DUmmies have turned on POTUS that Skinner really has no choice but to allow these posts. A year ago, and this would have been grounds for a TS, extra large. Now, he has to let them trash Obama.

Priceless...:D

NJCardFan
12-01-2010, 09:32 PM
But....but.....but......puppy dogs and rainbows!

Adam Wood
12-01-2010, 09:37 PM

CHANGE!!!!!!

Dan D. Doty
12-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Who is Cyranno and his buddies trying to fool.

They'll vote for Obama again every professional politian knows it.

If DU wanted surprise me, lets see them campaign and vote someone who isn't a Democrat.

But I know they couldn't do it in a million years.

FDK
12-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Puppy dogs? You set your sights pretty low. I'm still waiting for my government-provided unicorn.

Poor Dummies, somewhere they got the mistaken impression that they were electing a king who had all the answers. Instead what they got is a not-so-experienced lawyer/politician from Chicago who gets his answers from a teleprompter.

Constitutionally Speaking
12-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Puppy dogs? You set your sights pretty low. I'm still waiting for my government-provided unicorn.

Poor Dummies, somewhere they got the mistaken impression that they were electing a king who had all the answers. Instead what they got is a not-so-experienced lawyer/politician from Chicago who gets his answers from a teleprompter.

You give him far too much credit. He simply is not qualified to run the corner 7-11. Beyond that, given his "community activist" background, I would fear that he would make shit up in order to sue me/ shake me down for money.

FBIGuy
12-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Obama did give everyone a lot to hope for, like a new President in 2012.

noonwitch
12-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Dumbasses. They basically drove all the Hillary supporters off their site with their antics during the primaries in 08, now they complain about Obama not doing enough?

They had all that "Bros before Hos" crap going on, which I find really funny since there really aren't that many black posters over there. There are none in the Detroit chapter, which should say something.

m00
12-02-2010, 10:47 PM
289. Male Cow Excrement

You know...how about we take stock. What exactly has Obama changed?

Iraq? Still there (and torturing...at least according the DOD's own reports from WikiLeaks docs).

Afghanistan? Still there and escalating; more drone attacks.

Wall Street bailouts? Still there.

Foreclosures? Still there, no marked improvement.

Health care? No public option. No medicare for all. Forced to buy what the insurance companies are selling. (Yes, a few good crumbs.)

Gitmo? Still open. Indefinite detention, Bagram expanding.

Warrantless wiretapping? Still happening. NOW, the government should be immune from suit according to this President...oh, and he's defending Ashcroft as IMMUNE FROM SUIT.

Tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires? You betcha....oh, but let's freeze government workers' pay.

DADT? Still there. Let's face it, it ain't going anywhere.

DOMA? Never even got that off the ground, never even got to start.

Wall Street v. Main Street? Three words: Geithner, Summers and Rubin.

For all those people saying: "Oh we can't POSSIBLY vote for the GOP because, my gosh, it's so much worse. Really? What's "so much worse?" No, the time for letters and phone calls has passed. The time for pitchforks and torches and million standing at the gates of the White House, the Congress, the New York Stock Exchange has come. I'm no talking violence. I'm talking striking the fear of God into the powers that be. We need to make them fear US for once. Truly, there is no choice. What exactly IS the difference between now and two years ago? A few things, yes. But on all the big stuff, the fundamentals, there ain't a damns bit of difference.

Oh, and we can NOT forget the story today that the WikiLeaks docs show: Obama worked with Bush people to squelch any torture investigation. Vote, my ass. For what?

:p