PDA

View Full Version : Three missing little boys, 5, 7, 9, Michigan

Calypso Jones
12-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Dad said he had given them to a woman he met over the internet because he didn't want them in the house when he comnitted suicide. Why is he still alive? Now police say that first story is bogus. Looks like a divorce was going on and things are not looking good for these little guys.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/30/earlyshow/living/parenting/main7102545.shtml

NJCardFan
12-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I've been following this story and this morning they said that they are not confident that this is going to have a happy ending.

Calypso Jones
12-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I know but i'm not going to give up hope for just a bit longer. Those precious little faces.

NJCardFan
12-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Well, it's looking more and more like the father killed them. I just don't get people who kill their own children.

noonwitch
12-02-2010, 09:04 AM
This has been the lead story here since the weekend. It's not looking really good right now, but the father is fighting extradition to Michigan (he was hospitalized in Toledo after attempting suicide, and so he was arrested there). And, he lawyered up and won't talk to the police.

If he killed them and left their bodies in Ohio, he would end up getting tried there anyway. They might want to allow him to fight for now, then drop the Michigan kidnapping charges once Ohio files murder charges.

Ohio has the death penalty, Michigan does not.

I hope he really did give them to someone for safekeeping, and they are okay. It just doesn't look like that's the case.

Zafod
12-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I never used to get choked up reading these stories before I became a Dad.
Now these things mess me up for days. Makes me want to choke the life out of the people who do these things with my bare hands and then all I want to do is hug my little chief and never let go.

Calypso Jones
12-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I know what you mean. people would take those kids. I believe there is a mother is there not? I'm not hearing anything about one. I look at my grandchildren and i have to wonder how anyone could hurt one of these little things. They are so precious and innocent and trusting. Is the father so hardhearted that this doesn't eat at him?

NJCardFan
12-02-2010, 06:24 PM
I know what you mean. people would take those kids. I believe there is a mother is there not? I'm not hearing anything about one. I look at my grandchildren and i have to wonder how anyone could hurt one of these little things. They are so precious and innocent and trusting. Is the father so hardhearted that this doesn't eat at him?

People are capable of unspeakable evil. Andrea Yates drowned her children one by one. Susan Smith strapped her kids to their car seats and watch then drown as her car sank into the lake.

fettpett
12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
People are capable of unspeakable evil. Andrea Yates drowned her children one by one. Susan Smith strapped her kids to their car seats and watch then drown as her car sank into the lake.

yes they are, but Depression and do some fucked up things to people, especially postpartum (my wife tried to give my oldest daughter to her sister and doesn't remember it)

I'm sure this guy has some issues that isn't allowing him to think like a normal person and make rational decisions. Doesn't excuse his actions though IF he did something to the kids

noonwitch
12-03-2010, 09:00 AM

The fact that this guy tried to commit suicide makes it look likes he's in that category. I suspect, knowing the landscape somewhat of the area, that he dumped them in a small lake or pond. There are plenty along the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana border areas, and most are kind of isolated this time of year, except for the hunters.

noonwitch
12-09-2010, 10:55 AM
There's an update on this case, actually, 2 of them.

The other day, a waitress in Sandusky, Ohio reported seeing boys that could have been these guys at a bakery/donut shop. One came in the store with a woman, and the other two stayed by the door. The woman with them called the boy "Tanner".

Yesterday, it was announced that the father told his parents during a visit that he hid the boys from their mother to protect them from sexual abuse by her. His parents (of course) believe him. The mother was convicted in the past of having a relationship with a teenaged boy when she was in her 20s, and this was reported early on in the story. She has not been on television once since the boys went missing.

The father's parents told the media that the father had tried to talk to the police about this around the time he and the mother filed for divorce, but that they wouldn't listen to him.

The hole in Dad's story is that he tried to kill himself, which indicates some serious remorse about something.

Gingersnap
12-09-2010, 10:58 AM
There's an update on this case, actually, 2 of them.

The other day, a waitress in Sandusky, Ohio reported seeing boys that could have been these guys at a bakery/donut shop. One came in the store with a woman, and the other two stayed by the door. The woman with them called the boy "Tanner".

Yesterday, it was announced that the father told his parents during a visit that he hid the boys from their mother to protect them from sexual abuse by her. His parents (of course) believe him. The mother was convicted in the past of having a relationship with a teenaged boy when she was in her 20s, and this was reported early on in the story. She has not been on television once since the boys went missing.

The father's parents told the media that the father had tried to talk to the police about this around the time he and the mother filed for divorce, but that they wouldn't listen to him.

The hole in Dad's story is that he tried to kill himself, which indicates some serious remorse about something.

This is great news! :)