PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Manning: Poster Boy for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

patriot45
12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Hehe, another good one from Ann Coulter! (http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2010/12/01/bradley_manning_poster_boy_for_dont_ask,_dont_tell )

The two biggest stories this week are WikiLeaks' continued publication of classified government documents, which did untold damage to America's national security interests, and the Democrats' fanatical determination to repeal "don't ask, don't tell" and allow gays to serve openly in the military.

The mole who allegedly gave WikiLeaks the mountains of secret documents is Pfc. Bradley Manning, Army intelligence analyst and angry gay.

We've heard 1 billion times about the Army translator who just wanted to serve his country, but was cashiered because of whom he loved.

I'll see your Army translator and raise you one Bradley Manning. According to Bradley's online chats, he was in "an awkward place" both "emotionally and psychologically." So in a snit, he betrayed his country by orchestrating the greatest leak of classified intelligence in U.S. history.

Isn't that in the Army Code of Conduct? You must follow orders at all times. Exceptions will be made for servicemen in an awkward place. Now, who wants a hug? Waitress! Three more apple-tinis!"

According to The New York Times, Bradley sought "moral support" from his "self-described drag queen" boyfriend. Alas, he still felt out of sorts. So why not sell out his country?

In an online chat with a computer hacker, Bradley said he lifted the hundreds of thousands of classified documents by pretending to be listening to a CD labeled "Lady Gaga." Then he acted as if he were singing along with her hit song "Telephone" while frantically downloading classified documents.

I'm not a military man, but I think singing along to Lady Gaga would constitute "telling" under "don't ask, don't tell."

Do you have to actually wear a dress to be captured by the Army's "don't ask, don't tell" dragnet?

What constitutes being "openly" gay now? Bringing a spice rack to basic training? Attending morning drills decked out as a Cher impersonator? Following Anderson Cooper on Twitter?

Also, U.S. military, have you seen a picture of Bradley Manning? The photo I've seen is only from the waist up, but you get the feeling that he's wearing butt-less chaps underneath. He looks like a guy in a soldier costume at the Greenwich Village Halloween parade.

With any luck, Bradley's court-martial will be gayer than a Liza Minelli wedding. It could be the first court-martial in U.S. history to feature ice sculptures and a "Wizard of Oz"-themed gazebo. "Are you going to Bradley's court-martial? I hear Patti LaBelle is going to sing!"

continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2010/12/01/bradley_manning_poster_boy_for_dont_ask,_dont_tell/page/2)

djones520
12-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Ok... the second half of that article is why I can't stand Coulter. She had to turn it into a stupid hit job instead of sticking to the points of the story.

What the fuck does Cher, and Apple-tini's ahve to do with anything Manning did?

patriot45
12-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Ok... the second half of that article is why I can't stand Coulter. She had to turn it into a stupid hit job instead of sticking to the points of the story.

OOOh another Ann hater! I guess gays like apple tinies and Cher! :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
12-01-2010, 09:38 PM

Do you consider yourself a conservative, a moderate? I guess it really doesn't matter, it's your business but I honestly don't have any idea from your posts.

megimoo
12-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Hehe, another good one from Ann Coulter! (http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2010/12/01/bradley_manning_poster_boy_for_dont_ask,_dont_tell )

continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2010/12/01/bradley_manning_poster_boy_for_dont_ask,_dont_tell/page/2)linky broke

djones520
12-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Do you consider yourself a conservative, a moderate? I guess it really doesn't matter, it's your business but I honestly don't have any idea from your posts.

I didn't realize every post I made had to lay out if I was conservative, moderate, or liberal.

Plenty of conservatives don't like Ann Coulter. I'm one of them. I feel it's better to get the message across without resorting to childish antics like she does.

Rockntractor
12-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I didn't realize every post I made had to lay out if I was conservative, moderate, or liberal.

Plenty of conservatives don't like Ann Coulter. I'm one of them. I feel it's better to get the message across without resorting to childish antics like she does.

That didn't answer my question, read what I asked again, i wasn't trying to be a smart ass. noonie is a liberal and I have a lot of respect for her, caughtinthemiddle is a moderate and I think he is a great kid. I honestly don't have any idea where you are coming from.

djones520
12-01-2010, 09:44 PM
That didn't answer my question, read what I asked again, i wasn't trying to be a smart ass. noonie is a liberal and I have a lot of respect for her, caughtinthemiddle is a moderate and I think he is a great kid. I honestly don't have any idea where you are coming from.

I am a conservative Rock. I have some liberal tendancies on certain things, thats never been a secret. But in the grand political spectrum, I solidly fall on the conservative side.

hampshirebrit
12-01-2010, 09:45 PM
I feel it's better to get the message across without resorting to childish antics like she does.

Agreed.

If Manning's image was one of a dead Afghan or Iraq theatre US soldier, then she would not have posted it.

Coulter's article is pathetic, and worthy of contempt, in this case.

CueSi
12-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I love Ann, but she missed the point here. Even Glenn Beck passed on going for teh gay card on this.

~QC

Rockntractor
12-01-2010, 09:49 PM
I am a conservative Rock. I have some liberal tendancies on certain things, thats never been a secret. But in the grand political spectrum, I solidly fall on the conservative side.
I'm always surprised I don't fall more into the libertarian side when I take those tests, I hold both libertarian and conservative views. when it comes to progressive, absolutely none.

patriot45
12-01-2010, 09:51 PM
linky broke

Try this. (http://www.anncoulter.com/)

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-02-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm always surprised I don't fall more into the libertarian side when I take those tests, I hold both libertarian and conservative views. when it comes to progressive, absolutely none.

I fall on the "center-left" stream on economics and "center-libertarian" on social issues.
At times, depending on which test, I fall within the center on economics, but I always fall somewhere within Libertarianism on social issues.

wilbur
12-02-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll give it to Anne - She's turned trolling into a very lucrative career.

Odysseus
12-02-2010, 09:52 AM
What I want to know is how this kid got a TS clearance? Being gay is an automatic red flag. So is dating a drag queen. A history of mental illness also raises flags, especially in a teenager.

megimoo
12-02-2010, 09:58 AM

continued (http://townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2010/12/01/bradley_manning_poster_boy_for_dont_ask,_dont_tell/page/2)

Another good reason to retain DADT,National Security !How did this 'fag bag' get in in the first place ?

Bailey
12-02-2010, 10:12 AM

So thats what you call "telling it like it is" now? :confused:

Teddy Kennedy
12-02-2010, 11:10 AM

Good lord, get a grip and brush up on your reading comprehension.

wilbur
12-02-2010, 11:42 AM
So thats what you call "telling it like it is" now? :confused:

I assure you, the intent behind that article is not to "tell it like it is".

Its to piss off the left/gays and to get the homophobe contingent to cheer... all that adds up to one thing: attention.

lacarnut
12-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Another good reason to retain DADT,National Security !How did this 'fag bag' get in in the first place ?

Plus 1

megimoo
12-02-2010, 12:53 PM
I assure you, the intent behind that article is not to "tell it like it is".

Its to piss off the left/gays and to get the homophobe contingent to cheer... all that adds up to one thing: attention."The lady doth protest too much, methinks." .Willie tell us are you really 'one of them' ?

wilbur
12-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Isnt it obvious?

They didnt ask. He didnt tell.

That's what the policy does...

Molon Labe
12-02-2010, 01:16 PM

I'm with you on that one. I used to think Ann was funny and loved hearing her jab at liberals. But I've come to realize she's just a twit and doesn't make very good conservative arguments.

Bailey
12-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Isnt it obvious?

I am all for the repeall of DADT and go back to the way it was before.

Teddy Kennedy
12-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I am all for the repeall of DADT and go back to the way it was before.

Agreed. That would be best, the military is not the place for social engineering.

CueSi
12-02-2010, 01:30 PM
What I want to know is how this kid got a TS clearance? Being gay is an automatic red flag. So is dating a drag queen. A history of mental illness also raises flags, especially in a teenager.

THAT'S the question that should be asked. I don't mind gay people in the military, but don't put them in high risk positions where shit like this can happen!?

Ann only had one paragraph referencing that in her article. If that had been her focus instead of just making fun of the kids sexuality, she'd of had a cogent argument- - Gay people who are putting their sexuality ahead of other loyalties, and are mentally unstable should not have a TS clearance. 'Cause... hate to break it to everyone else, there are probably gay people who've had TS clearance and didn't pull the craptastic fuckover this kid did.

Gay people are capable of being loyal Americans and good soldiers. And have been. But this kid fucked it up for everyone.

Nice work , ya jackwagon.

~QC

CueSi
12-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Isnt it obvious?

It's gotta do more than that for sensitive positions. If he were straight, I'd still be worried due to the mental instability in his past. DADT is a failure, but I don't think open service under this current Army will prevent another Bradley Manning. It may make more.

This is an Army that fucking missed a Jihadi in it's officer ranks! Or rather, ignored one. In my uninformed opinion, this isn't an army ready for open service as much as it pains ME to say it.

If he were a cook in the Army, we'd prolly never know this guy existed, or maybe we would because it could be a position where he could be as flamboyant as he wants to be w/o fucking with national security... probably could have made a mean Baked Alaska. . . but we'll never know now, will we.:mad:

~QC

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-02-2010, 02:36 PM
It's gotta do more than that for sensitive positions. If he were straight, I'd still be worried due to the mental instability in his past. DADT is a failure, but I don't think open service under this current Army will prevent another Bradley Manning. It may make more.

This is an Army that fucking missed a Jihadi in it's officer ranks! Or rather, ignored one. In my uninformed opinion, this isn't an army ready for open service as much as it pains ME to say it.

If he were a cook in the Army, we'd prolly never know this guy existed, or maybe we would because it could be a position where he could be as flamboyant as he wants to be w/o fucking with national security... probably could have made a mean Baked Alaska. . . but we'll never know now, will we.:mad:

~QC

And CueSi takes her Baked Alaska very seriously, let me tell you! :D

Odysseus
12-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Isnt it obvious?

Worse, the policy actively discourages people from connecting obvious dots. Manning's history should have barred him from service, nevermind a TS clearance. Instead, commanders were not permitted to even inquire about him. PC wins, America loses.

THAT'S the question that should be asked. I don't mind gay people in the military, but don't put them in high risk positions where shit like this can happen!?

Ann only had one paragraph referencing that in her article. If that had been her focus instead of just making fun of the kids sexuality, she'd of had a cogent argument- - Gay people who are putting their sexuality ahead of other loyalties, and are mentally unstable should not have a TS clearance. 'Cause... hate to break it to everyone else, there are probably gay people who've had TS clearance and didn't pull the craptastic fuckover this kid did.

Gay people are capable of being loyal Americans and good soldiers. And have been. But this kid fucked it up for everyone.

Nice work , ya jackwagon.

~QC
Agreed. But, and I hate to have to say this, but openly gay behavior is going to prove disruptive. I wish that it weren't the case. I have known lots of gays out of the military, and even a few in, and the ones who came out invariably created all kinds of problems, regardless of the policy.

~QC
If he were a cook, the place settings would be fabulous! Seriously, we have a problem with PC BS, which doesn't let us accurately assess the risk of people who are perceived as warranting special protection. A repeal of DADT will simply create a new class of untouchables who cannot be reprimanded or disciplined without risk to careers.

AmPat
12-02-2010, 06:05 PM
And funny. You forgot that she points out liberal idiocy through comedy. Or do you not take it as well as give it? Sorry for the unintentional double entendre.:o