PDA

View Full Version : Rangel Censured: "In My Heart I Truly Feel Good"

megimoo
12-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Rangel Censured: "In My Heart I Truly Feel Good"

"Compared to where I've been, I haven't had a bad day since," Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) said after he was censured by the House. Rangel received a round of applause from his fellow House Democrats.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/12/02/rangel_censured_in_my_heart_i_truly_feel_good.html

megimoo
12-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Rangel Censured by House for Ethics Violations

The House on Thursday formally censured Rep. Charlie Rangel for financial misconduct despite pleas from the New York Democratic lawmaker and some of his colleagues for a less punishing reprimand.

The House voted to censure Rangel 333-79. Rangel, who became the 23rd House member to be censured, appeared at the front of the chamber while Speaker Nancy Pelosi read the resolution.
snip
Rangel responded that he won't be judged by this Congress, "but I'm going to be judged by my life, my activities, my contributions to society and I just apologize for the awkward position that some of you are in."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/02/house-votes-censure-rangel-ethics-violations/

NJCardFan
12-02-2010, 10:24 PM
But had he been a Republican, the house dems would demand he be drawn, quartered, and the pieces roasted on a spit.

megimoo
12-02-2010, 10:33 PM
But had he been a White Republican, the house dems would demand he be drawn, quartered, and the pieces roasted on a spit.

fixed..

PoliCon
12-02-2010, 10:45 PM
But had he been a Republican, the house dems would demand he be drawn, quartered, and the pieces roasted on a spit.

I'm not so sure - I mean from what I see none of his ethics violations qualify for criminal charges so . . . . but a republican would have been demonized by the press until he resigned in shame. They will not do this to Charlie. They like him. They wanna go to Candy Mountian with him. :rolleyes:

megimoo
12-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm not so sure - I mean from what I see none of his ethics violations qualify for criminal charges so . . . . but a republican would have been demonized by the press until he resigned in shame. They will not do this to Charlie. They like him. They wanna go to Candy Mountian with him. :rolleyes:

How about failure to list $600,000 taxable income .The IRS will lock your ass up for that but then Good Old Charlie holds the IRS purse strings so they wouldn't do that to him !

PoliCon
12-02-2010, 11:10 PM
How about failure to list $600,000 taxable income .The IRS will lock your ass up for that but then Good Old Charlie holds the IRS purse strings so they wouldn't do that to him !

Did you miss the part about the expired statute of limitations?