PDA

View Full Version : "Boss Orders All Female Staff to Wear Red Bracelets When they Are Having Their Period

megimoo
12-03-2010, 10:00 AM
A boss in Norway has ordered all female staff to wear red bracelets during their periods - to explain why they are using the toilet more often.The astonishing demand was revealed in report by a workers' union into 'tyrannical' toilet rules in Norwegian companies. :eek:

The study claimed businesses were becoming obsessed with lost productivity due to employees spending too much time answering the call of nature.

it found 66 per cent of managers made staff ask them for an electronic key card to gain access to the toilets so they could monitor breaks.

Toilets in one in three companies were placed under video-surveillance, while other firms made staff sign a toilet 'visitors book', the report by the Parat union said.

It added: 'But the most extreme action was taken by one manager who made women having their period wear a red bracelet to justify more frequent trips to the loo.

'Women quite justifiably feel humiliated by being tagged in this way, so that all their colleagues are aware of this intimate detail of their private life.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334400/Female-staff-Norway-ordered-wear-red-bracelets-period.html

linda22003
12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
The women should definitely wear the bracelets.
All day, every day, all month, month in and month out.

Gingersnap
12-03-2010, 10:23 AM
The women should definitely wear the bracelets.
All day, every day, all month, month in and month out.

No kidding, that's what I would do. :eek:

linda22003
12-03-2010, 10:24 AM
No kidding, that's what I would do. :eek:

Hopefully all the guys would too. :)

noonwitch
12-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I had a boss at IHOP who made us punch out to use the bathroom. It also applied to male employees, except, of course, the manager.

He was the same jerk who made the teenaged waitresses wear thigh-length uniforms so he could look at our legs. He gave the older waitresses properly fitting uniforms.

Rockntractor
12-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I worked for a company that decided to ration the toilet paper, that stopped abruptly when the shop rags started turning up in the hallway with brown stripes!

RobJohnson
12-03-2010, 09:16 PM
True story. I worked for Ameritech/SBC now A T& T (the old Illinois Bell) and a male manager was using a stop watch to time expecting mothers that were in the rest room and tried to limit restroom breaks to normal break times or lunch...problem is when you only have 3 breaks in a ten hour shift.... Illinois OSHA showed up, fined them and made them post the correct rules...

Bailey
12-04-2010, 07:13 AM
I think its a great idea it let's you know when they are extra bitchy. :cool:

megimoo
12-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Incoming rounds ,quick, duck!!

PoliCon
12-04-2010, 08:38 AM
To heck with the bracelets. They should do like Jewish women used to have to do when they were menstruating - wall around calling out unclean! unclean! :D

megimoo
12-04-2010, 08:48 AM
To heck with the bracelets. They should do like Jewish women used to have to do when they were menstruating - wall around calling out unclean! unclean! :DAre you equating Jewish Woman with lepers ?

PoliCon
12-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Are you equating Jewish Woman with lepers ?

I'm saying that under Jewish law women who were menstruating are considered to be unclean - and ANYONE who was unclean had to announce that fact to others lest they contaminate that person with their uncleanness as well.

linda22003
12-04-2010, 10:33 AM

I remember an episode of "Murphy Brown" when she had a tantrum about something and the news director gasped, "Oh, God, is it the 18th of the month already?"

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 10:39 AM

I have never needed a flag , armband , sign or anything else to tell me when a woman is extra bitchy, when it has occurred I have always been fully aware of the fact!

Bailey
12-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I have never needed a flag , armband , sign or anything else to tell me when a woman is extra bitchy, when it has occurred I have always been fully aware of the fact!

You failed to notice when I said EXTRA not just normal levels :D

Well I am none to good on picking up the signals until its too late :(

How do you tell? objects being hurled at you? sharp, pointy items being embedded into your body? inquiring minds need to know :)

Bailey
12-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I remember an episode of "Murphy Brown" when she had a tantrum about something and the news director gasped, "Oh, God, is it the 18th of the month already?"

Wow you just dont see that kind of sexism in TV anymore, shame. :(:D

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 10:48 AM
You failed to notice when I said EXTRA not just normal levels :D

Well I am none to good on picking up the signals until its too late :(

How do you tell? objects being hurled at you? sharp, pointy items being embedded into your body? inquiring minds need to know :)

The look, after you have been married to one for a while you know when to just give a feeble submissive smile and then just walk away( at first walk, when you get out of throwing distance running is sometimes recommended).

Bailey
12-04-2010, 10:52 AM
The look, after you have been married to one for a while you know when to just give a feeble submissive smile and then just walk away( at first walk, when you get out of throwing distance running is sometimes recommended).

Oh so you've been properly trained :)

I wish us guys had a week a month to act like we want and chalk it up to some nebulous reason. :(

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 10:53 AM

I wish us guys had a week a month to act like we want and chalk it up to some nebulous reason. :(

Don't even think such acts of sedition!:eek:

Bailey
12-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Don't even think such acts of sedition!:eek:

I am not married or with anyone ATM so I can act as I want!!!11!! FREEDOM. :D

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 11:01 AM
I am not married or with anyone ATM so I can act as I want!!!11!! FREEDOM. :D
I think somewhere there is an old witch (forgive me old one) That collects and keeps books on all of us from dating age on, so be very very careful!:eek:

Bailey
12-04-2010, 11:13 AM
I think somewhere there is an old witch (forgive me old one) That collects and keeps books on all of us from dating age on, so be very very careful!:eek:

Please leave Lindanumbers out of this. :p:D

on edit: whoops forgot a word :D

AmPat
12-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Boss Orders All Female Staff to Wear Red Bracelets When they Are Having Their PeriodI'd wear a brown one for a different, age-related problem.

lacarnut
12-04-2010, 01:36 PM
The bracelet idea is retarded. You don't do your job; you are fired. The bracelet idea reminds me of my drinking days (over 30 years ago) when chicks would wear these pins in lounges saying that they had been Dr tested and were free of Herpes.

megimoo
12-04-2010, 05:59 PM
The bracelet idea is retarded. You don't do your job; you are fired. The bracelet idea reminds me of my drinking days (over 30 years ago) when chicks would wear these pins in lounges saying that they had been Dr tested and were free of Herpes.You hung around in some classy joints !
In Japan in the older days they would wear white socks to prove they are VD free !
In Olongapo City they wore white sox to prove that they weren't having their period so the Jarheads would buy them drinks !:D

Odysseus
12-04-2010, 08:02 PM
To heck with the bracelets. They should do like Jewish women used to have to do when they were menstruating - wall around calling out unclean! unclean! :D
And ring a bell! And wear hoods! Cool!

Never heard of PTSD? :D

Starbuck
12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I think making women wear red bracelets is disgusting. I mean, if someone is have issues we should just talk it out. That would work
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_o6mtNNhaUW0/SwlThHA490I/AAAAAAAAGDo/6VBMGzEN3hg/s1600/celebrity-pictures-lawless-pms.jpg