PDA

View Full Version : I picked an 'angel' off the Chrismas Giving Tree

Calypso Jones
12-03-2010, 08:37 PM
He's a little 7 year old guy named George. He wears size large shirts and size 7/8 pants and size 3 shoes. Is this a big kid, do you think?

Then i gets to the toy wish list. Big Four Wheeler....now what do you suppose that means? Didn't say remote controlled....is this kid talking about an acdtual FOUR WHEELER, like 7500 NEW and maybe 2500 used. Well. i do hate to give the kid a USED one!! And i'm not even going to discuss the safety issues of a four wheeler for a seven year old. And then there's the Benton Waten Skate Board which i have actually no clue about.

This is going to take some thought.

Gingersnap
12-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Yes, he sounds big and do get him any skateboard. Skateboarding is good exercise.

RobJohnson
12-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Good for you being this young man's angel...

I've done it before, one year a kid wanted a remote control truck and books...I bought him one that was rechargeable so the family did not have to worry about batteries...and of course, any kid that asks for books got several!

Tomorrow I make an appearance at our local fire stations toy drive to help out with collections for a while, on top of the toys I bought to donate. The advantage of not having my own kids is that I can Bless others..

Calypso Jones
12-04-2010, 10:32 PM
So it's done. I got a pair of jeans, belt and two casual shirts to go with them. Then a pair of khakis a red golf shirt and a v neck long sleeve sweater to go with it. He's got 2 complete outfits. Then i got a skateboard, saw the helmets and pads. Got those too.

I'm still looking for a Kid's adventure bible to include with the rest.

Gingersnap
12-04-2010, 10:42 PM
So it's done. I got a pair of jeans, belt and two casual shirts to go with them. Then a pair of khakis a red golf shirt and a v neck long sleeve sweater to go with it. He's got 2 complete outfits. Then i got a skateboard, saw the helmets and pads. Got those too.

Sounds excellent!

Amazon has free shipping on it right this minute: Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310715431/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0310921422&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TXZPCV5PD3S7BQCX2HS)

Calypso Jones
12-04-2010, 10:54 PM
don't even have to do that. Got a local Salvation Army. I need to box it and get it there by the eleventh of December. I can drive it by.

Gingersnap
12-04-2010, 10:57 PM
don't even have to do that. Got a local Salvation Army. I need to box it and get it there by the eleventh of December. I can drive it by.

Amazon has free shipping on the Adventure Bible. I wasn't clear there.

Calypso Jones
12-04-2010, 11:04 PM
OH. I'm sorry. I misunderstood. THANKS. I check that out.

RobJohnson
12-05-2010, 06:28 AM

Very well done! :)