PDA

View Full Version : On tolerance...

BadCat
12-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I've noticed that it seems to be a key point in being a Conservative lately, to be tolerant. We have members here who pride themselves on their tolerance....I'm wondering why.

Tolerance is what has gotten this nation into the shit basket.

Tolerance is nothing more than being afraid to say what you think and act upon it.

We have too MUCH tolerance in this country, it creates a nation of sheep, and that is exactly what we have now.

I'm all for a LOT LESS tolerance and a LOT MORE action.

Your thoughts?

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I've noticed that it seems to be a key point in being a Conservative lately, to be tolerant. We have members here who pride themselves on their tolerance....I'm wondering why.

Tolerance is nothing more than being afraid to say what you think and act upon it.

We have too MUCH tolerance in this country, it creates a nation of sheep, and that is exactly what we have now.

Your thoughts?

The only thing about that is you can't get any two people to agree to anything. I tolerate a lot but I don't like it when people force things in my face and expect me to except things and like them. It's not tolerance that you are mad at, it is this insidious political correctness that is being accepted by many conservatives in this country and on this board. They disguise it as being descent and democratic when all it is is a tool to shut up conservative views that people don't want to hear.

AmPat
12-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Tolerance is not absolute. Sometimes tolerance taken to the extreme leads to no position or stand on anything. Tolerance should not mean you can't have an opinion. Sometimes, what you tolerate, you encourage. When toleration reaches this extent, it is unacceptable.

I tolerate liberals to an extent.

I tolerate their existence but not their ideology. I tolerate their arguments, I won't tolerate their lies. I have an opinion and ideology diametrically opposed to theirs. This means an obvious different opinion. Toleration does not mean both sides of an argument are equally right or true. Truth is not relative and changing.

Liberals are allowed their opinions, I will not tolerate them making up their own facts.

CueSi
12-04-2010, 02:46 PM
My rule is this : don't be an asshole. If you decide to be one, don't bitch when they're one back to you. I don't care what you believe. . .you can believe that licking yogurt off hobos is a legitimate religious belief and superior above all others, but if you're gonna be an asshole about it... fuck you.

~QC

AmPat
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM
My rule is this : don't be an asshole. If you decide to be one, don't bitch when they're one back to you. I don't care what you believe. . .you can believe that licking yogurt off hobos is a legitimate religious belief and superior above all others, but if you're gonna be an asshole about it... fuck you.

~QC
:D

megimoo
12-04-2010, 02:59 PM

Your thoughts?
To Tolerate what your upbringing tells you is wrong is insanity.If you won't take a stand based on your life long learnings you are either a fool on a coward.

What's wrong with standing by your values,they were advocated by your family and you are a product of those values.Every man has an opinion no matter what the topic and today's American PC society tells us to be more tolerant and do things their way.My opinion is my honor and how I behave to others depends on how they behave to me and mine.

When society in the person of some critter tells me that my values are bigoted, wrong and intolerant I examine their words and values closely.Some are mere PC parrots echoing the party line .Others are hard core Liberal apologists who engauge with some eloquence of speech and if they speak against your values challenge them .

Never bow to another when challenged on your personal beliefs.Our American sires during both revolutions were real men who stood their ground even though it cost most of them life,liberty and family property .

Tolerance is a tool of those who would have you do things their way.At what point does tolerance fall apart,if we are tolerant to a rapist or a murderer we are fools.The Liberal mind is tortured by self doubt and fear.They were never taught family values and so follow the progressive crowds collective 'mind think'.

They are the sad characterture of real men who drift aimlessly through life without any real principles of life.

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I believe a certain type of tolerance is very important in a civil society and in our political process.

That does not mean that I will not work for political change on specific issues, and my "tolerance" does not extend to a willingness to accept a policy or a practice that I find morally or philosophically abhorent.

I don't want to turn this into a debate on abortion, but as an example, I very much oppose abortion. That is a very strong belief on my part and I will never accept abortion as being acceptable as a means of birth control. At the same time, I recognize that it is the law of the land that abortion is now legal. I will work politically for a change in abortion law. I will not, however, condone those who burn abortion clinics and who attack abortion doctors.

I also recognize that there are those who disagree with me on this, and other, issues. There are some Libertarians who see abortion rights in a completely different light and think that the right to an abortion repesents an important individual right. I disagree with them. I respect their right to believe as they wish. I will therefore be tolerant of them and their beliefs. I think this is right and proper.

That doesn't mean that i will stop working for exercising my rights to see my beliefs become policy, and I am just as sure that they will continue to work to see their beliefs become policy.

While doing this, I will do my best to be civil with those with whom I disagree.

CueSi
12-04-2010, 03:22 PM

I got that from Adam Wood . . .

And Bubba seems to have the "don't be an asshole" thing down pat. :)

~QC

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I got that from Adam Wood . . .

And Bubba seems to have the "don't be an asshole" thing down pat. :)

~QC

Thanks. Can I quote you on that to Miz Bubba? I mean, if I send you something that says that, you'll sign it? :D

CueSi
12-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks. Can I quote you on that to Miz Bubba? I mean, if I send you something that says that, you'll sign it? :D

ROFL... for a price... QC's husband pardons and permission slips at your service! :D

~QC

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 03:54 PM
ROFL... for a price... QC's husband pardons and permission slips at your service! :D

~QC

This could be a real moneymaker for you. Believe it or not, thee may be one or two husbands around here who on really rare occasions can be slightly assaholish.

The "permission slips" are intriguing. But the real market would be in "Do Overs." :D

Apache
12-04-2010, 04:02 PM
The "permission slips" are intriguing. But the real market would be in "Do Overs." :D

That all you can think about....SEX?

:p

Apache
12-04-2010, 04:08 PM

Your thoughts?

You voice a lot of what people here think. However you are way too blunt at times. (good or bad *shrugs*)

You do what you feel is appropriate and we do likewise....:p

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Your thoughts?

My thoughts?

I think that you calling Jonesy a pussy fag or whatever it was you said back there was one of the more stupid things I've seen on CU. It was totally uncalled for. Why the hell would you say that about someone, something that is demonstrably not true on both counts, other than that you can't tolerate that person's viewpoint?

Those are my thoughts. I'm guessing you didn't really want to hear them, but there it is. You did ask.

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 04:40 PM
That all you can think about....SEX?

Sex. Sex. Sex. Football. Sex. Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Sex. Sex. Sex.

See. I have other thoughts.

That "Permission Slip" thing could be a real winner, though.

BadCat
12-04-2010, 04:41 PM
My thoughts?

I think that you calling Jonesy a pussy fag or whatever it was you said back there was one of the more stupid things I've seen on CU. It was totally uncalled for. Why the hell would you say that about someone, something that is demonstrably not true on both counts, other than that you can't tolerate that person's viewpoint?

Those are my thoughts. I'm guessing you didn't really want to hear them, but there it is. You did ask.

He started it with his bigot comment. I don't care who anybody on this board is, you call me a bigot and I'm coming after your ass.

And he did it because HE CAN'T TOLERATE MY VIEWPOINT.

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 04:45 PM
He started it with his bigot comment. I don't care who anybody on this board is, you call me a bigot and I'm coming after your ass.

And he did it because HE CAN'T TOLERATE MY VIEWPOINT.

So call him an intolerant asshole then, not a fag or a pussy.

BadCat
12-04-2010, 04:48 PM
So call him an intolerant asshole then, not a fag or a pussy.

He apoligizes, I'll apologize.

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
He apoligizes, I'll apologize.

Neither of you will mean it, so what the fuck. A forced apology is worthless, anyway.

Just debate, FFS.

Insulting is not debating, it's insulting... to everybody.

Calling people bigots, fags, pussies, is fucking lame.

Apache
12-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Sex. Sex. Sex. Football. Sex. Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Sex. Sex. Sex.

See. I have other thoughts.

That "Permission Slip" thing could be a real winner, though.

No NASCAR? You fail...:p

You could be right with the " Permission Slip" though...:D

BadCat
12-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Neither of you will mean it, so what the fuck. A forced apology is worthless

Just debate, FFS.

Insulting is not debating, it's insulting... to everybody.

Calling people bigots, fags, pussies, is fucking lame.

Jonesy and I have a long history, I'm the reason he's even here. You get to a point with a person where debating them is no longer a real option.

djones520
12-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Jonesy and I have a long history, I'm the reason he's even here. You get to a point with a person where debating them is no longer a real option.

Err...

No, I'm here because Rebel showed me the website a few years back when we were both posting on Milnet.com. He wanted to show me how much of a dick Gator could be sometimes. I had been viewing and posting on the website for a couple of weeks before I even knew you existed, and spoke to Franksolich about the matter your bringing up.

And I've got nothing to apologize for, nor want one from you. I'd have to actually be offended by anything you have to say before I'd want one.

BadCat
12-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Err...

No, I'm here because Rebel showed me the website a few years back when we were both posting on Milnet.com. I had been viewing and posting on the website for a couple of weeks before I even knew you existed, and spoke to Franksolich about the matter your bringing up.

And I've got nothing to apologize for, nor want one from you. I'd have to actually be offended by anything you have to say before I'd want one.

Sorry to inform you, I'm stlll not BadCatLeader.

djones520
12-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Have I brought the issue up since that day? Thought not, get over it. It was three years ago.

Now, that I've corrected that, I'm stepping away.

BadCat
12-04-2010, 05:07 PM
You voice a lot of what people here think. However you are way too blunt at times. (good or bad *shrugs*)

You do what you feel is appropriate and we do likewise....:p

I have very strong opinions in the area of politics. I suppose I could be more "PC" than I am in discussing them, but I'm just not that way.

For instance, my views on homosexuality, which some here find so heinous, are based on Darwinistic theory, I just have a more direct way of expressing them.

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not aware of the history between you, Jonesie and BC, but I know you are both assets to the board because you post interesting thoughts with conviction.

This is the only board anywhere that I care anything about. I'm glad you both are here.

BadCat
12-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm not aware of the history between you, Jonesie and BC, but I know you are both assets to the board because you post interesting thoughts with conviction.

This is the only board anywhere that I care anything about. I'm glad you both are here.

Thank you, my man.

However let's get back to the topic if we may.

You, for one, seem to me to be an extremely tolerant person. Are you that way IRL? If so, were you always? Do you see your tolerance "slipping" in any areas lately?

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 05:28 PM

Fuckin' A, me too. You're right on both counts. If I wasn't such a heathen, I'd say, God Bless ya, Bubba.

No-one wants endless Kumbaya here... we can leave that shit to DU, that's what they're there for. We're here on CU to discuss and debate issues and have fun at the same time.

I think the thread has raised an interesting point about PC bullshit, which can be discussed independently of any beef any poster may have with any other.

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Thank you, my man.

However let's get back to the topic if we may.

You, for one, seem to me to be an extremely tolerant person. Are you that way IRL? If so, were you always? Do you see your tolerance "slipping" in any areas lately?

I am tolerant in real life as much as I can be. I'm no saint. At worst I am annoying and combative and at best I am (or attempt to be) persuasive and humerous.

And no, I have not always been tolerant. I was a very partisan Democrat for most of my life. I worked hard for what I believed in. The thing about that is, what i believe has changed over the course of my life, and a part of what changed my beliefs was conversation and debate as well as my own life experience. I went from being a Democrat to being a Republican. A lot of it has to do with "conversations" in real life and also on this board.

I have engaged in a conversation with people here and have found many to be well informed folks who put forth a persuasive argument for their beliefs.

I haven't found myself to be slipping in my attempt at civility and tolerance lately, because I have always struggled with my temper and have said many things I have later regretted.

It is an ongoing process. I work to maintain a balance between speaking up for my beliefs while attempting to respect the rights of others to speak on behalf of their own positions.

Articulate_Ape
12-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I have very strong opinions in the area of politics. I suppose I could be more "PC" than I am in discussing them, but I'm just not that way.

Being polite in serious discourse is not PC, IMHO, it is civilized.

For instance, my views on homosexuality, which some here find so heinous, are based on Darwinistic theory, I just have a more direct way of expressing them.

I would like to hear what basis in Darwinism that might be sometime, if you are willing to share.

BadCat
12-04-2010, 06:45 PM

I would like to hear what basis in Darwinism that might be sometime, if you are willing to share.

The simple thesis that it is the primary goal of any species to reproduce.

Articulate_Ape
12-04-2010, 06:52 PM

Indeed, but is it implausible that within the mechanism that is natural selection homosexuality might act as a form of population control in the case of a species that has few natural enemies save themselves? I mean, it has been around an awfully long time, no?

At any rate, I don't want to derail your thread, but this would be an interesting conversation in another one sometime.

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Yet all animal species exhibit homosexual behaviour. I've seen same sex cows, sheep, monkeys, all at it.

One time in India, my GF drew my attention to two assuredly male dogs that were definitely at it, one of them being very much "into" the other.

We were both of us laughing too much, and too amazed, to think to get a photo of this event.

I'm not keen on the concept of homosexuality, at least, not for myself, but given the many advantages the human race has in terms of reproductive ability, it is probably to our advantage that not every person able to reproduce actually gets to reproduce, or else we would be quickly overpopulated.

On your purely Darwinistic line of argument, you surely must agree, not everyone should or must replicate, and on the same line of argument, homosexuality is a built in mechanism, in all higher vertebrates, that ensures that not everyone will.

Articulate_Ape
12-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Yet all animal species exhibit homosexual behaviour. I've seen same sex cows, sheep, monkeys, all at it.

One time in India, my GF drew my attention to two assuredly male dogs that were definitely at it, one of them being very much "into" the other.

We were both of us laughing too much, and too amazed, to think to get a photo of this event.

I'm not keen on the concept of homosexuality, at least, not for myself, but given the many advantages the human race has in terms of reproductive ability, it is probably to our advantage that not every person able to reproduce actually gets to reproduce, or else we would be quickly overpopulated.

On your purely Darwinistic line of argument, you surely must agree, not everyone should or must replicate, and on the same line of argument, homosexuality is a built in mechanism, in all higher vertebrates, that ensures that not everyone will.

Hey, quit stealing my thunder, you limey... oops, that wasn't very tolerant... I mean fine Brit.

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 07:09 PM

In the cases i have witnessed with farm animals it is an act of domination over a lesser mail without any actual penetration. They do it to younger males that have ideas about taking females from the herd or flock and is not an actual sexual act, you see it with birds as well as mammals. I have raised animals for 40 years now.

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey, quit stealing my thunder, you limey... oops, that wasn't very tolerant... I mean fine Brit.

He's a dang tea and biscuit muncher!:rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 07:11 PM
In the cases i have witnessed with farm animals it is an act of domination over a lesser mail without any actual penetration. They do it to younger males that have ideas about taking females from the herd or flock and is not an actual sexual act, you see it with birds as well as mammals. I have raised animals for 40 years now.

So, you're pretty dominant on your farm....:p:D

BadCat
12-04-2010, 07:11 PM

It would be better in its own thread, but I do agree that not everyone should or must replicate. But I do believe that any member of any species "should" at least go through the proper motions. To do otherwise is simply un-natural.

I reject the argument that they are "born that way", where would it be inherited from?

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 07:14 PM
So, you're pretty dominant on your farm....:p:D

Da bitches day mine!

hampshirebrit

I don't doubt that, but I have seen milk cows going at it ... I guess it's a lesbian cow-sex thing, but it's still homosexual, and more difficult to explain.

And in India, the one dog was definitely stuck to the other. It looked to be a lot more than a "keep away from my bitches" thing to me.

BadCat

Much like men in prison.

AmPat
12-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I need a hug.

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 07:27 PM
I reject the argument that they are "born that way", where would it be inherited from?

Not sure about that. I don't buy into the whole choice argument though. I don't think people chose their orientation.

I didn't choose to be straight, I just am straight. I didn't make a conscious decision to start wanting to have sex with the opposite sex, I didn't choose it. When I was 12 or 13, the idea just kind of occurred to me that that's what I wanted to do.

If I'd been given the choice, I would have still chosen to, but no-one asked me.

It may be nature, or it may be nurture. Something happens to each person to make them want one or the other, or sometimes both.

Apache
12-04-2010, 07:27 PM
I need a hug.

Paging QC

Apache
12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Not sure about that. I don't buy into the whole choice argument though. I don't think people chose their orientation.

I didn't chose to be straight, I just am straight. I didn't make a conscious decision to start wanting to have sex with the opposite sex, I didn't chose it. When I was 12 or 13, the idea just kind of occurred to me that that's what I wanted to do.

If I'd been given the choice, I would have still chosen to, but no-one asked me.

It may be nature, or it may be nurture. Something happens to each person to make them want one or the other, or sometimes both.

It's a choice, plain and simple.

djones520
12-04-2010, 07:33 PM

If it was plain and simple, then the debate wouldn't be taking place.

megimoo
12-04-2010, 07:33 PM
In the cases i have witnessed with farm animals it is an act of domination over a lesser mail without any actual penetration. They do it to younger males that have ideas about taking females from the herd or flock and is not an actual sexual act, you see it with birds as well as mammals. I have raised animals for 40 years now.Don't you think that the same thing is true of most Homosexuals ?Sexual Domination is sure way to control someone especially if they are physically weaker .To dominate and humiliate by sexual mastery guarantees they become submissive and subservient .

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 07:36 PM

So when did you make the choice NOT to be homosexual? Do you remember when, and do you remember the internal dialog you had?

Apache
12-04-2010, 07:36 PM
If it was plain and simple, then the debate wouldn't be taking place.

its a squeaky wheel thing....;)

AmPat
12-04-2010, 07:38 PM
So when did you make the choice NOT to be homosexual? Do you remember when, and do you remember the internal dialog you had?

I'm not sure this is a valid comparison. You don't choose what comes naturally. You just do it. Homosexuality is not normal or natural, so you must choose to go that way.

Apache
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM

The simple fact is that gays, for whatever reason, choose to find their jollies with the same sex.

djones520
12-04-2010, 07:44 PM
The simple fact is that gays, for whatever reason, choose to find their jollies with the same sex.

So, do you acknowledge or deny that to them, the thought of having sex with the opposite sex is as "wrong" an idea to them as it is to us to get it on with the same sex?

From my point of view, I will say you are right. It is a choice. But it is the exact same choice that you have when you say you'd rather have sex with a woman.

You didn't just wake up one day and say "Ok, this is the day I choose if I'm straight or gay." Some wiring in your head automatically said "Holy shit! Tits are awesome!".

What proof do you have that shows they have the exact same wiring, and chose to act against it?

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Don't you think that the same thing is true of most Homosexuals ?Sexual Domination is sure way to control someone especially if they are physically weaker .To dominate and humiliate by sexual mastery guarantees they become submissive and subservient .Oh no, with humans it is very much an act for sexual gratification especially among males, this is one reason for the increased promiscuity among gays. I believe that gay sex is merely kinky sex and many who engage in the practice have more desire for sex more often than your average straight person.

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Da bitches day mine!

LOL:D

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure this is a valid comparison. You don't choose what comes naturally. You just do it. Homosexuality is not normal or natural, so you must choose to go that way.

Either sexual orientation is a choice or it is not.

If it is, there must, by definition, be some internal discussion, perhaps along these lines:

"Hmm... I've suddenly decided I'm interested in sex. What shall it be for the rest of my life? ... Shall it be girls or boys? Hmm, think I'll be heterosexual, so girls for me, thanks, the more the merrier".

I don't think that it works like that. I definitely don't remember the question coming up. I remember suddenly wanting to look at girls.

It was more or less at the same time as I found out about how to make the bedsheets snap rather than fold.

I really doubt if your average homosexual person's growing up experience was mine plus then out of the blue and for no apparent reason, deciding he wanted to have it away with guys.

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Either sexual orientation is a choice or it is not.

If it is, there must, by definition, be some internal discussion, perhaps along these lines:

"Hmm... I've suddenly decided I'm interested in sex. What shall it be for the rest of my life? ... Shall it be girls or boys? Hmm, think I'll be heterosexual, so girls for me, thanks, the more the merrier".

I don't think that it works like that. I definitely don't remember the question coming up. I remember suddenly wanting to look at girls.

It was more or less at the same time as I found out about how to make the bedsheets snap rather than fold.

I really doubt if your average homosexual person's growing up experience was mine plus then out of the blue and for no apparent reason, deciding he wanted to have it away with guys.

That is a rather simplistic approach, I knew of many in the carnivals I traveled with that experimented for several years before they made a decision, and it was a decision. If you take away the normal restraints from society which was the case with carnival life, you would find that many who would normally reject experimentation do try it, just like drugs.

Odysseus
12-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Fuckin' A, me too. You're right on both counts. If I wasn't such a heathen, I'd say, God Bless ya, Bubba.

No-one wants endless Kumbaya here... we can leave that shit to DU, that's what they're there for. We're here on CU to discuss and debate issues and have fun at the same time.

I think the thread has raised an interesting point about PC bullshit, which can be discussed independently of any beef any poster may have with any other.
Funny thing is, DU is not exactly a Kumbaya site. They're more intolerant than they will admit, and they have some of the most vicious arguments that I've ever seen.

The PC assault on manners is meant to fracture us as a society.

We develop certain mannerisms, called manners, in order to communicate benign intent to those outside of our immediate social circles. The handshake started as a way of exposing an open right hand, without a weapon, to demonstrate that the approaching person did not intend to attack. Salutes came from raising a visor on a helmet to show identity, again, a form of demonstrating benign intent. Tolerance is simply a form of manners, and those who denigrate manners do so because they lack benign intent. That does not mean that we tolerate assaults on our person, our families or our nation. Manners are meant to enhance survival, not undermine it.

True, but every species has its alphas and omegas. What if, when a society reaches a certain critical mass, a certain percentage of people turn off the desire to reproduce, while retaining the sexual urge? What if that is nature's way of trimming the gene pool without a mass cull? The basic issue here is not whether homosexuality is good or evil, but whether those who practice it warrant the basic human decency that we expect from others. The gay man or lesbian who confines their sexual behavior to their own bedroom and to other adults of a like mind does me no harm, and if they are violating the laws of God, then that is His place to judge and punish, not mine.

The person who demands that I officially encourage others under my command to deny the evidence of their own eyes, to embrace that which repels them and to punish them for not doing so insults my intelligence and theirs, not to mention our honor. That is not tolerable.

DJones and I disagree about whether the policy should be changed, but agree that the changes will be disruptive, and he and I can debate that back and forth without offending each other. You and I disagree about the basic humanity of gays, and I suspect that my post will offend you, but to deny the humanity of someone that we dislike or disapprove of is a form of bigotry. One does not have to embrace sin to recognize that sinners are human.

When in Hell did I become a Chaplain??? :confused:

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 08:05 PM
When in Hell did I become a Chaplain??? :confused:

If I were Jewish, I'd let you be my rabbi. :D

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 08:09 PM
If I were Jewish, I'd let you be my rabbi. :D

I'm a little worried after this thread what all you would let him do!:confused::eek:

djones520
12-04-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm a little worried after this thread what all you would let him do!:confused::eek:

He would need a Briss. :eek:

hampshirebrit
12-04-2010, 08:14 PM
He would need a Briss. :eek:

Ooops. I forgot about that. Ouch, that's never gonna happen. :cool:

djones520
12-04-2010, 08:16 PM

Turned me off from Judaism when I was going through my religious awakening. :D

Kay
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM

I have far far more respect for someone who has firm ideas and isn't afraid
to bluntly voice them, even when they have the polar opposite view to mine,
than I do anyone who says what's polite and pc while they are secretly thinking
something else.

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 08:31 PM

You think anyone ever converted and went in for that particular...ceremony...and didn't know what was going to happen? :eek:

If so and it was too late to stop it, I guess it would be a case of Ignorance is briss.....

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I have far far more respect for someone who has firm ideas and isn't afraid
to bluntly voice them, even when they have the polar opposite view to mine,
than I do anyone who says what's polite and pc while they are secretly thinking
something else.

There is a time and a place for firmness and bluntness......shit.......forgot what I was gonna say.........:o

Apache
12-04-2010, 08:43 PM
So, do you acknowledge or deny that to them, the thought of having sex with the opposite sex is as "wrong" an idea to them as it is to us to get it on with the same sex?

From my point of view, I will say you are right. It is a choice. But it is the exact same choice that you have when you say you'd rather have sex with a woman.

You didn't just wake up one day and say "Ok, this is the day I choose if I'm straight or gay." Some wiring in your head automatically said "Holy shit! Tits are awesome!".

What proof do you have that shows they have the exact same wiring, and chose to act against it?

There is a leg in my triangle, that is missing in yours, that makes this debate pointless. I have been through too many of these and they all end the same...

Apache
12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
You think anyone ever converted and went in for that particular...ceremony...and didn't know what was going to happen? :eek:

If so and it was too late to stop it, I guess it would be a case of Ignorance is briss.....

:rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 08:46 PM
:rolleyes:

It was bad. I know. But what do you expect? I don't get a salary. I just work for tips......

megimoo
12-04-2010, 08:58 PM
If I were Jewish, I'd let you be my rabbi. :DWould you let his circumcise you ?

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Would you let his circumcise you ?

Mr.Moo we already went there!
Hamps is thinking it over.

Bubba Dawg
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Hamps is thinking it over.

Hamps is a careful thinker. Very circumspect.

Apache
12-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Hamps is a careful thinker. Very circumspect.

:eek:

Madisonian
12-04-2010, 09:30 PM
All of us have things that other people do, say or think that bug the hell out of us personally, but do not directly or indirectly cause us personal harm and I should be as accepting of them as I expect them to be of me and the things I so, say or think that bug the hell out of them as long as it does not cause harm. That was kind of the foundation of our government and the concept of individual rights and liberties. The needs, wants and desires of any group or even the entire country are not greater than the rights of 1 person.

I think the reason homosexuality strikes so many fears in so many people is that you never know who may be homosexual. You can usually tell race, national origin, sex and a fair number of other traits a person has just by looking at them and if you choose not to associate with those people because of those traits, it is somewhat easy to do.

But you can't look at a person and tell they are homosexual. They could be your boss, your coworkers, your friends, your neighbors, your relatives, your siblings, your parents or your children.
They could be and they are.

And for some reason, that just scares the shit out of some people.:D

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
All of us have things that other people do, say or think that bug the hell out of us personally, but do not directly or indirectly cause us personal harm and I should be as accepting of them as I expect them to be of me and the things I so, say or think that bug the hell out of them as long as it does not cause harm. That was kind of the foundation of our government and the concept of individual rights and liberties. The needs, wants and desires of any group or even the entire country are not greater than the rights of 1 person.

I think the reason homosexuality strikes so many fears in so many people is that you never know who may be homosexual. You can usually tell race, national origin, sex and a fair number of other traits a person has just by looking at them and if you choose not to associate with those people because of those traits, it is somewhat easy to do.

But you can't look at a person and tell they are homosexual. They could be your boss, your coworkers, your friends, your neighbors, your relatives, your siblings, your parents or your children.

If you go camping with someone and you wake up with your pants down and a sore butt you know they are gay!

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh yeah, and if you want to go camping with them again, you know you are gay!

Madisonian
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
If you go camping with someone and you wake up with your pants down and a sore butt you know they are gay!

This happened one time when my wife and I were camping. Yes, there was a sore butt involved, and I can assure you neither her nor I are gay.

Madisonian
12-04-2010, 09:41 PM
And no, nothing went where it weren't supposed to go.:rolleyes:

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:42 PM

Is this a band camp story!!

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:43 PM
And no, nothing went where it weren't supposed to go.:rolleyes:

That was my next question.:D

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Is this a band camp story!!

You play a musical instrument?:confused:

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:46 PM
You play a musical instrument?:confused:

Just harmonious farts!:D

megimoo
12-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Hamps is thinking it over.Why bother,He hasn't much to lose ?

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:48 PM

That's another test for gayness, if you can't hit the high notes!

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:49 PM
That's another test for gayness, if you can't hit the high notes!

Oh crap!! I'm kinda basso! :eek:

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh crap!! I'm kinda basso! :eek:

At least it's not a silent woosh!:eek:

Madisonian
12-04-2010, 09:53 PM
That was my next question.:D

I figgerd it was, which is why I clarified.

Another question?
Why are so many so called macho guys turned on by porn if the sight of another guy's junk is so disgusting to them?
Or maybe it isn't?:eek:

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:54 PM
At least it's not a silent woosh!:eek:

SBD farts the best kinds! Specially in an elevator! :D

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I figgerd it was, which is why I clarified.

Another question?
Why are so many so called macho guys turned on by porn if the sight of another guy's junk is so disgusting to them?
Or maybe it isn't?:eek:

Not all of them look at hardcore with a dude involved, but I no nothing of this subject, I live a sheltered life!

NJCardFan
12-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Ron White put it best. He said that we're all gay, it just depends on what degree. He talked about a conversation he had with a friend who said that the world needs less queers. He told his friend about how everyone is gay to a degree and decided ti prove it to him with this conversation(paraphrasing a bit because this is from memory):

"Do you like porn?"
"I love porn, you know that."
"Do you like to only watch porn with 2 women?"
"No, I like to watch a man and a woman makin' love."
"Do you like for the man to have a soft, flaccid cock?"
"No, I like to see hot throbbing...."

That basically ended the conversation.

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:57 PM
SBD farts the best kinds! Specially in an elevator! :D

...and we wonder why poor little Policon is the way he is!:eek:

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Not all of them look at hardcore with a dude involved, but I no nothing of this subject, I live a sheltered life!

Baaaaa!

Mooooo!

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Baaaaa!

Mooooo!

Hah, I spelled know wrong!:o

megimoo
12-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Just harmonious farts!:DCan you play them like a Tuba OOM PAH in the German marching bands ?.

The battle at thunder blow ,The Great Crepitation Contest between Paul Boomer and Lord Windesmear .

http://randsesotericotr.podbean.com/2008/05/14/the-great-crepitation-contest-of-1946/

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Can you play them like a Tuba OOM PAH in the German marching bands ?.

The battle at thunder blow ,The Great Crepitation Contest between Paul Boomer and Lord Windesmear .

http://randsesotericotr.podbean.com/2008/05/14/the-great-crepitation-contest-of-1946/

Ah yes Germans and their sauerkraut, I am humbled by their farts!

megimoo
12-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Ah yes Germans and their sauerkraut, I am humbled by their farts!
For the contest they wear tights with tassels around the vent hole.When they let go the tassels flutter in the storm !BTW pickled pigs feet and hard boiled eggs with kraut make the best wind !

patriot45
12-04-2010, 10:06 PM
For the contest they wear tights with tassels around the vent hole.When they let go the tassels flutter in the storm !

:D snort!

Gingersnap
12-04-2010, 10:31 PM

Your thoughts?

Tolerance is poorly understood and it didn't screw up the county. Support for failing social and political ideas screwed up the country.

Tolerance is the act of enduring behaviors, situations, positions, or issues that you don't like, don't respect, and do not support. You tolerate barking dogs, crying babies, and unappealing sexual perversions. You don't like, respect, or support things you tolerate. If you did, you wouldn't be tolerant, you'd be a cheerleader.

SaintLouieWoman
12-04-2010, 10:45 PM

Most of the animal behavior that you're talking about is a matter of dominance, not sex. One of the curators at the St Louis Zoo discussed it with me when we were talking and happened to look at the enclosure and saw two turtles. He told me they were both males and it was a dominance ritual.

Back to the subject of tolerance. I used to be more tolerant and wouldn't say much. I spent almost 30 years selling to the federal and muncipal governments. I had to swallow my opinions, as most of the folks were dems.

Lately I've decided that I'll speak my mind more. I absolutely hate PC stuff. I used to think of myself as a moderate, but now think that a moderate is someone with no true convictions, just wishy washy.

Women had been talk to be "good little girls". I think that's BS. If someone's an asshole, I'll express it more. We have some excellent members here, but have our share of assholes. It's just life.

Kay
12-04-2010, 11:59 PM
You didn't just wake up one day and say "Ok, this is the day I choose if I'm straight or gay."
Some wiring in your head automatically said "Holy shit! Tits are awesome!".

What proof do you have that shows they have the exact same wiring,
and chose to act against it?

I think here of actress Anne Heche. One day she is living with Ellen,
they're rubbing themselves giddily all over each other at a state dinner
and such, hollyweird's cutest cuddly couple on all the talk shows talking
up gay rights and how they want to be married and truly love each other.
Then out of the blue Anne decides she is not gay after all, runs nekked
across a field, then gets married to a man who she now says is the love
of her life, married him and has his kid.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/celebdatabase/ellendegeneres/e_degeneres8_180_240.jpghttp://www.celebritybabies.info/wp-content/uploads/anne-082107-a.jpg

So she did indeed just wake up one day and say "Ok, this is the
day I choose if I'm straight or gay." She is the classic example of
a crazy hoe that just likes to have sex for sex's sake. I do not
believe if a person is "born that way" that they'd be able to switch
it on or off like this. It was a conscious choice she made to do the
dillydaily with Ellen, and then a conscious choice to stop sucking
face and other things with other women when the urge to have
a normal life and a baby took over.

Gingersnap
12-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Kay is correct and virtually all women born after the 1950s can relate. Women can easily get into sexual relationships with other women if they don't have any moral or cultural objections to the behavior. Virtually all of those women will eventually get with guys simply because their female relationships are either only about sex or only about emotions. Neither reason is satisfying over the long haul.

I knew plenty of gay-until-graduation women in college. Being lesbian or bi offered them an easy avoidance from the the hook-up/drunk sex/relationship pressure that women are under.

Five years after graduation, they were all with guys and eventually did the married-with-children thing.

You bet it's a choice.

Even with men, a huge number of gay men can perform sexually with women and often do, either to blend in or to get a bio kid. If you can do that, you are not hopelessly genetically driven to same-sex behaviors.

What we forget here is that we are all born with a number of inclinations that may be destructive or deviant. We learn to choose to not be liars or self-obsessed narcissists. We learn that our sexual attraction to unobtainable celebrities or inappropriate objects can be redirected.

Kay
12-05-2010, 01:01 AM
What we forget here is that we are all born with a number of inclinations that may be destructive or deviant. We learn to choose to not be liars or self-obsessed narcissists. We learn that our sexual attraction to unobtainable celebrities or inappropriate objects can be redirected.

Exactly. Well said.

CueSi
12-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Paging QC

Red font for Answers, Blue font for hugs! :p Don't confuse me! :p

This. Oh Christ this. There are plenty of people who don't spit gravel or spill taffeta when they speak. It fits into fear of the unknown, which is normal, and understandable, but at some point, especially when the previously "unknown" is known.

BUT- - I don't even think it's about fear anymore. It's about reacting to the squeaky wheel. It's reacting to the Rosie O'Donnells and the Perez Hiltons of the world. It's about saying f you to Lady GaGa for saying that you're afraid, when in reality, you're just sick f it all.

I can understand that. But what I don't get is . . . the people who are just assholes to gay people for no damned reason. They take the cycle right back to one and just make me go, REALLY? REALLY? That person wasn't an asshole to you, why you gotta be an asshole to them?

Kay is correct and virtually all women born after the 1950s can relate. Women can easily get into sexual relationships with other women if they don't have any moral or cultural objections to the behavior. Virtually all of those women will eventually get with guys simply because their female relationships are either only about sex or only about emotions. Neither reason is satisfying over the long haul.

I knew plenty of gay-until-graduation women in college. Being lesbian or bi offered them an easy avoidance from the the hook-up/drunk sex/relationship pressure that women are under.

Five years after graduation, they were all with guys and eventually did the married-with-children thing.

You bet it's a choice.

Even with men, a huge number of gay men can perform sexually with women and often do, either to blend in or to get a bio kid. If you can do that, you are not hopelessly genetically driven to same-sex behaviors.

I'm gonna tell you from my personal experience is that .... I grew up in a culture that does not condone same sex attraction, and I am grateful that the dice came up with me being bisexual instead of gay, because it's a bridge not even my father would have allowed me to cross.

I probably will end up with a man because they are the more plentiful target that I understand better. It's a numbers game. I may not even end up with anyone after all... it's really a crap shoot.

A good number of those men you describe would probably be better described as bisexual. Not condoning it, but just point out that sexuality isn't an either/or proposition the entire time.

I'm not a big fan of generalization on a topic when you can just ask someone, look and see how they answer and go from there.

~QC

NJCardFan
12-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Strange but I often found that women who classify themselves as bi mean bi as in they only sleep with women. That said, I could care less someone's sexual orientation. If 2 dudes want to do each other, it doesn't affect me. I find it particularly disgusting but then again, I find okra disgusting and don't begrudge anyone from eating it. The problem I have with homosexuality is that the most obnoxious people I know are gay. Then they pull crap like they did at that church in SF. Then there's the gay pride parades. Believe me, if you're gay and treated your relationships like normal relationships, no one would care. Thing is, the GLBTG movement doesn't want to be treated as normal. This is why they draw attention to themselves. I have gay friends and co workers that you'd never know they were gay and they don't feel the need to express to the world that they're gay every 15 minutes. They just want to be treated like everyone else and they get a lot of respect from everyone. And contrary to beliefs, God doesn't hate fags. It's not the person, it's the act and with that, God isn't too keen on pre-marital heterosexual sex either.

As for it being a choice, I believe that there is a percentage out there who's 'wiring' predisposes them to these feelings. The reason why I believe this is there are hermaphrodites out there, yes? So, who's to say people are just born with the wrong parts. However, a vast majority do it because they want to. That's my opinion.

RobJohnson
12-05-2010, 02:42 PM

~QC

He might seem like an asshole online, but having the pleasure of his company I know he is far from an asshole...in fact he is a pretty good friend of mine.

Some people don't understand "grey comments" so he lays it out in black and white....

RobJohnson
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM

I made hot love to a rubber doll once, is that TMI? :D It was a girl doll but my cigar melted her...I cried and cried..

CueSi
12-05-2010, 02:53 PM
He might seem like an asshole online, but having the pleasure of his company I know he is far from an asshole...in fact he is a pretty good friend of mine.

Some people don't understand "grey comments" so he lays it out in black and white....

What's next? Are gay military men going to be too sensitive to use a rifle, but instead offer to decorate the insurgent's home? Once you give a little, the other side takes a lot....

Plus I get very defensive when it comes to my friends, your comments started from the day you first read that he was made a mod...and have never stopped, and that was way before this topic came up...

Feels like Defense of Gator, part 2. . . he's a really nice guy ? I'm sorry, it comes up empty for me.

What's with the stereotype...not all gay men are mincing fairies. I mean, even Christopher Lowell is straight . Repeating tired stereotypes isn't exactly being all "black and white" , it's being an asshole.

And as I have said... I'm not 100% certain that lifting DADT will work with an army that lets a jihadi doctor in its officer ranks and ignores his actions due to PC -- which does beyond gay people. But it seems that's where you immediately go for the jugular.

I dislike bigotry when it comes from other members, double that if it comes from leadership. I understand you're his friend but- - -I'm sure the pussy can defend himself.

~QC

RobJohnson
12-05-2010, 02:55 PM

Dogs, etc don't have the IQ of humans...most humans can resist even the strangest of urges...I might think the old lady across the street looks good laying out in the sun, but I don't rush out to rub oil on her back, she is married. :D Self control...like when you drive by a swimming pool full of 17 year olds that look like they are in their 20's.... I might get the feeling that I need to rob a bank, but the trouble starts when you "act" on those feelings....

Kay
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Who are you talking about here?

Rockntractor
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Who are you talking about here?

He and Badcat are friends.

Rockntractor
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Feels like Defense of Gator, part 2. . . he's a really nice guy ? I'm sorry, it comes up empty for me.

What's with the stereotype...not all gay men are mincing fairies. I mean, even Christopher Lowell is straight . Repeating tired stereotypes isn't exactly being all "black and white" , it's being an asshole.

And as I have said... I'm not 100% certain that lifting DADT will work with an army that lets a jihadi doctor in its officer ranks and ignores his actions due to PC -- which does beyond gay people. But it seems that's where you immediately go for the jugular.

I dislike bigotry when it comes from other members, double that if it comes from leadership. I understand you're his friend but- - -I'm sure the pussy can defend himself.

~QC

Your reading to much into this Qc, if a person doesn't like homosexuality they don't like it plane and simple. Stay out of his way and he will stay out of yours. I have a whole list of things I don't like, I may not be as blunt about it or feel I have to announce it but it doesn't change the fact. I don't like political correctness and none of us have the right not to be offended so say your piece and he'll say his. You both have that right.

Kay
12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
He and Badcat are friends.

Ah I C, thanks.
Both are nice lads in my book.

hampshirebrit
12-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Ah I C, thanks.
Both are nice lads in my book.

Pretty much everyone is nice around here. We all have our moments for sure, but what the hell, it makes the place worth visiting. :D

megimoo
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Pretty much everyone is nice around here. We all have our moments for sure, but what the hell, it makes the place worth visiting. :DJust who in hell ever said that you were nice ??

hampshirebrit
12-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Just who in hell ever said that you were nice ??

Well I did say "pretty much everyone", rather than just plain old "everyone". That permitted me to overlook selected individuals such as both yourself and myself.

Kay
12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Hamps is not just nice, he is hot.
The way he types with that English accent .... *swoon*

Bubba Dawg
12-05-2010, 07:38 PM

I like the way you swoon.

You're svelte aren't you....:)

hampshirebrit
12-05-2010, 07:46 PM

Damn. Keep this up, Kay, and I will have to find an "Honorary English Lady" logo that you can put in your sig line. :D

AmPat
12-05-2010, 09:34 PM

Yeah, well maybe. But he is British and you know they all have Billy Bob teeth.

Rockntractor
12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah, well maybe. But he is British and you know they all have Billy Bob teeth.

He travels abroad a lot and has refurbished choppers!:D

AmPat
12-05-2010, 09:43 PM
He travels abroad a lot and has refurbished choppers!:D

Not convinced. That's why he over compensates with his car. Bad teeth? Great car. It follows.

Kay
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
In the dark of night all that matters is the accent....

Rockntractor
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM

Well if it is followed by a toothy whistle it could be a mood breaker, he did recently come back from the dentist after repairs.

He is single you know Kay.

Kay
12-06-2010, 12:04 AM
He is single you know Kay.

Why yessss.....I know.

CueSi
12-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Your reading to much into this Qc, if a person doesn't like homosexuality they don't like it plane and simple. Stay out of his way and he will stay out of yours. I have a whole list of things I don't like, I may not be as blunt about it or feel I have to announce it but it doesn't change the fact. I don't like political correctness and none of us have the right not to be offended so say your piece and he'll say his. You both have that right.

I'd love to . . .but being that Bad Cat is an SM , a person that I can't place on ignore, as much as I want to (and I DID when he was a regular member)...it's not as easy to place him on ignore.

~QC

lacarnut
12-06-2010, 01:17 AM

Your thoughts?

I agree 100%. Look at what Liberals do to conservatives. Lie, cheat, demonize them. You name it and our wonderful Repubs turn the other cheek. I have never been a compassionate conservative either. That is a sign of a weakling. The left does not compromise so why should we. That is just f....d up. I don't want to tolerate more spending, more taxes, bigger government, more regulations, loss of freedoms, etc. Those items are not negotiable as far as I am concerned. We have weak kneeded Repubs in Congress that will vote for a tax cut in exchange for goodies that the President and the Democrats want. That is bull shit. Wait and see what sorry legislation the Repubs will fall for in the next couple of weeks. Should I have tolerance when unemployment benefits are extended? Nope. These sell out Repubs will exclaim that this was the best deal they could work out.
I guess my tolerance level in very low when it comes to politics.

RobJohnson
12-06-2010, 01:44 AM
I'd love to . . .but being that Bad Cat is an SM , a person that I can't place on ignore, as much as I want to (and I DID when he was a regular member)...it's not as easy to place him on ignore.

~QC

I guess the only other option is to not read any of his posts. Sounds like you have a history of having to put people on ignore.

Will gay male officers be allowed to wear female uniforms if they feel more comfortable while serving our nation?

CueSi
12-06-2010, 02:13 AM
I guess the only other option is to not read any of his posts. Sounds like you have a history of having to put people on ignore.

Will gay male officers be allowed to wear female uniforms if they feel more comfortable while serving our nation?

I have only put two people on ignore on this forum... BC and Gator. That's a history, Rob? Really?

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp158/durtymo/28wkl15.gif

And what does this inane motherfucking question have to do with anything? Is this a . . .oh, she's bi, she'll be down for anything the crazy-ass wing of the alphabet soup comes up with? I'd love to see gay people on equal footing, but I'm not gonna take leave of my damn senses for it. Bitch, please.

~QC

Odysseus
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Are you familiar with Le Petomane (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane)?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Joseph_Pujol_%28Le_Petomane%29_at_concert.jpeg

So, you see him as a sort of online Hugh Grant?

Not convinced. That's why he over compensates with his car. Bad teeth? Great car. It follows.
Mrs. O was very happy to be able to afford braces on my salary. She grew up with British dentistry, and the NHS would not do anything for her teeth unless she was in pain. As a result, she had a very crooked (but endearing) smile. Now, she will have a straight and endearing smile, but she also drives a minivan, so you may be onto something there.

You're familiar with the Ben Franklin quote about older women?

And what does this inane motherfucking question have to do with anything? Is this a . . .oh, she's bi, she'll be down for anything the crazy-ass wing of the alphabet soup comes up with?
Well, that's the fantasy, at any rate. :D

CueSi
12-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Well, that's the fantasy, at any rate. :D

I wish that's where it stayed, Major. :p

~QC

Kay
12-06-2010, 02:06 PM
So, you see him as a sort of online Hugh Grant?

No, more like of a middle aged Michael Caine.
If Hamps were a movie star....

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/arts/photos/2009/05/13/arts-michael-caine-584.jpg

Zafod
12-06-2010, 02:14 PM

~QC
I almost choked on my corned beef!!!

Thanks a lot :mad:

lmao

Rebel Yell
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM

~QC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhbojUoQJnc

CueSi
12-06-2010, 04:39 PM
It's true... don't be an asshole. No one likes an asshole. . . <glares at wilbur>

~QC

BadCat
12-06-2010, 05:50 PM
It's true... don't be an asshole. No one likes an asshole. . . <glares at wilbur>

~QC

You know, in all of your incarnations here at CU over the last 6 years, I've never said more than 10 words to you. There's a reason for that.

Zafod
12-06-2010, 06:04 PM
You know, in all of your incarnations here at CU over the last 6 years, I've never said more than 10 words to you. There's a reason for that.

how many are we talking about?

CueSi
12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
how many are we talking about?

Two. :)

*Kharis*

Zafod
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Two. :)

*Kharis*

ah.

well ummm... yeah what ever...

Zafod
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
so am I an asshole?

CueSi
12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
ah.

well ummm... yeah what ever...

Hey... I'm often imitated, never duplicated.

so am I an asshole?

Not really. You're more a dick, and that's cool.

~QC

Rockntractor
12-06-2010, 06:55 PM
No, more like of a middle aged Michael Caine.
If Hamps were a movie star....

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/arts/photos/2009/05/13/arts-michael-caine-584.jpg

He has hair kind of like a light bulb, but he does have teeth yet!

hampshirebrit
12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
He has hair kind of like a light bulb, but he does have teeth yet!
:mad::mad::mad::D

Rockntractor
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
:mad::mad::D

Don't feel bad, so do I.:o

Wei Wu Wei
12-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Your thoughts?

I agree mostly.

The problems we face today are not problems of tolerance. If you listen to Martin Luther King Jr's speeches, you'll see that he never once attributed the struggle for civil rights to be a struggle of "tolerance".

Tolerance is just another word for "don't get too close, don't pop my little bubble".

Tolerance only serves to drive us apart because everyone is too scared to speak their minds, so the real problems that do exist are repressed along with the "bad thoughts".

Rockntractor
12-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I agree mostly.

The problems we face today are not problems of tolerance. If you listen to Martin Luther King Jr's speeches, you'll see that he never once attributed the struggle for civil rights to be a struggle of "tolerance".

Tolerance is just another word for "don't get too close, don't pop my little bubble".

Tolerance only serves to drive us apart because everyone is too scared to speak their minds, so the real problems that do exist are repressed along with the "bad thoughts".

If that were in English i might agree with parts of it, can you break out of libspeak or are you stuck there?:confused:

Wei Wu Wei
12-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Political correctness is garbage.

Even those with good intentions need to realize that their motives for espousing the ideal of 'tolerance' are misguided, whatever woe they are trying to alleviate is not an effect of "intolerance". This is only turning well-intentioned people into a bunch of tools.

Also, sometimes 'intolerance' is a good thing. Some things should not be tolerated.

Rockntractor
12-07-2010, 08:08 PM

Even those with good intentions need to realize that their motives for espousing the ideal of 'tolerance' are misguided, whatever woe they are trying to alleviate is not an effect of "intolerance". This is only turning well-intentioned people into a bunch of tools.

Also, sometimes 'intolerance' is a good thing. Some things should not be tolerated.

Very well put!

Bailey
12-07-2010, 08:12 PM

This is a well thought out reply so all I have to ask is who are you and what have you done with we we?

hampshirebrit
12-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I agree mostly.

Welcome back, Wei.

That's as good a welcome-me-back-after-my-two-week-ban post as I've seen.

Don't be sucking up to BC though. We'll all see through that in a heartbeat.

Wei Wu Wei
12-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Welcome back, Wei.

That's as good a welcome-me-back-after-my-two-week-ban post as I've seen.

Don't be sucking up to BC though. We'll all see through that in a heartbeat.

I got banned for voicing opinions, and I have no intention of changing that. If any butthurt moderator can't handle different opinions then by all means ban me again

The irony of my sig line is that there are dozens of posts on this board that claim that this place is super-pro-free-speech, but this particular quote was apparently posted just days after I was banned for posting scary leftist ideas.

Rockntractor
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I got banned for voicing opinions, and I have no intention of changing that. If any butthurt moderator can't handle different opinions then by all means ban me again

Wei will wait until your hair is all matted and soggy and one ear is just hanging, now squeak dam it!!!:D

hampshirebrit
12-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I have no intention of changing that.

Outstanding. Good for you, seriously.

Might be a good idea not to call anyone here "butthurt", though, especially the person who I think you're referring to.

Just sayin. :cool:

Madisonian
12-07-2010, 09:41 PM

Tolerance is a permissible amount of deviation from a target. The question becomes what we, whether as individuals or as a society, determine those limits to be.
The homosexual man or woman that works with me and does not use their sexual status as the defining characteristic of who they are is within my tolerance limits. Folsom street fair exhibitionists are not.
We have seen how some so called zero tolerance policies have gone off the charts in their unreasonableness and sometimes outright stupidity, think students suspended for even drawing a picture of a gun, while open limit tolerance has had its own disasters like no-fault divorce and teenage pregnancy.

RobJohnson
12-08-2010, 02:15 AM
A great example for this thread....the link tries to sell you on "don't bully gays" which I agree what happened to the young people that committed suicide is very sad....then they have to throw in the gay rights bullshit...

http://fckh8.com/