PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Gator had a thread last nite that got me thinking. How many nations or countries stick thier noses in other nation or countries affairs like we do? I'm not talking the war on terrorism.

All the major players like China, India and russia just keep to themselves and have to be laughing at us.
We don't have any money, our debt is atrocious and we still think we are santa claus to the world.
The half ass nations like Germany, England, France just blather about how we need to do more.

We already have the wherewithall to destroy any place on earth with no physical reprecussions. So why not look inward. Time to be selfish!

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Gator had a thread last nite that got me thinking. How many nations or countries stick thier noses in other nation or countries affairs like we do? I'm not talking the war on terrorism.

All the major players like China, India and russia just keep to themselves and have to be laughing at us.
We don't have any money, our debt is atrocious and we still think we are santa claus to the world.
The half ass nations like Germany, England, France just blather about how we need to do more.

We already have the wherewithall to destroy any place on earth with no physical reprecussions. So why not look inward. Time to be selfish!
Russia and china both do a lot of meddling. Your memory is kind of short tonight.:D

djones520
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah, take it from someone who is in an old Soviet country. Russia does do a lot of meddling.

And they have military bases in other countries as well. They got one about 30 miles from here.

Teddy Kennedy
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Russia and china both do a lot of meddling. Your memory is kind of short tonight.:D

Ya beat me to it. Add in the pissant countries to our south who are in each others faces as well.

Oh yeah, Iran.

Apache
12-04-2010, 09:34 PM

You got that right.

Pat, what are you thinking? :eek:

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Ha! Mere meddling is not what I'm talking about. Do they give 500 million in humanitarium aid at the drop of a hat? Do they send 1 billion in disaster aid at the drop of a catatrophe in another land? Do they stay as mere bystanders for 50 years pumping in money and resources like we do in Korea!?!

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:37 PM
You got that right.

Pat, what are you thinking? :eek:

I just downloaded his thoughts and I got pork chops, beer and Rachel Ray!:confused:

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I just downloaded his thoughts and I got pork chops, beer and Rachel Ray!:confused:

Buuuuurp!

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Ha! Mere meddling is not what I'm talking about. Do they give 500 million in humanitarium aid at the drop of a hat? Do they send 1 billion in disaster aid at the drop of a catatrophe in another land? Do they stay as mere bystanders for 50 years pumping in money and resources like we do in Korea!?!
Patrick China supports N. Korea in every way, they don't earn a dime, thats why we defend s. Korea!

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:39 PM

Thier meddling is self serving and don't cost them.

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
And thier sly meddling is what costs us!

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Thier meddling is self serving and don't cost them.

It costs them dearly, they have a railroad that runs from China to N.Korea and hauls supplies non-stop to N.Korea but it takes nothing back to China.

patriot45
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM
It costs them dearly, they have a railroad that runs from China to N.Korea and hauls supplies non-stop to N.Korea but it takes nothing back to China.

Forget China. They simply don't care what the world thinks, they don't care what thier people think. They think long range where we cannot fathom. They can always wait and grow stronger aqnd win any war of attrition.

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Forget China. They simply don't care what the world thinks, they don't care what thier people think. They think long range where we cannot fathom. They can always wait and grow stronger aqnd win any war of attrition.

They are our new overlords.

patriot45
12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
They are our new overlords.

Maybe China should be the worlds policemen and first responder to disasters instead of us. We could save a bundle.

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Maybe China should be the worlds policemen and first responder to disasters instead of us. We could save a bundle.

Stay tuned for our next episode.......

patriot45
12-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Stay tuned for our next episode.......

Was that a random thought?

Rockntractor
12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Was that a random thought?

I stink, therefore I ham.....

Bleda
12-05-2010, 05:15 AM
If not us, who? We're far from a 'world police', but if we leave the world, there will be a power vacuum, and make no mistake, our enemies will try to fill it. Having allies and bases throughout the world is far better than having China, Russia, Iran and our Communist friends in South America take over the regions they're in.

And foreign aid makes up half a percent to 2.6% of the federal budget. ;)

3rd-try
12-05-2010, 12:20 PM
If not us, who? We're far from a 'world police', but if we leave the world, there will be a power vacuum, and make no mistake, our enemies will try to fill it. Having allies and bases throughout the world is far better than having China, Russia, Iran and our Communist friends in South America take over the regions they're in.

And foreign aid makes up half a percent to 2.6% of the federal budget. ;)

...I have to agree. And, besides, how far did Gator's thread go before he focused in on Israel?

noonwitch
12-06-2010, 04:09 PM
It's because we didn't meddle between WWI and WWII, and look what happened!

Russia and China meddle plenty in other countries' affairs. According to Hal Lindsay and Jack van Impe, Russia is conspiring with the Iranians to destroy Israel. I'm not so sure that the goal is the destruction of Israel on Russia's part, but they have been working with the Iranians for some time on their nuclear program.

I think we fought a couple of wars in the last century in an attempt to keep China from meddling in their neighbors' business. We just didn't win the second one.

Calypso Jones
01-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Is anyone noticing the number of DoJ PSA's on the radio right now?? all aimed at school kids.

NJCardFan
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM

You know, I used to like her. Now I find her annoying.

megimoo
01-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Thier meddling is self serving and don't cost them.China controls N.Korea with food and fuel they supply .China in return uses N.Korea as a buffer against the West !America uses foreign aid as a form of bribery to augment its diplomatic efforts .We pour billions in aid into Egypt,Israel,South Korea and Formosa,Pakistan and Afghanistan .China pours money into some African nations and now intends to bail out Portugal .Sounds to me as if that cost them some serious money ?