PDA

View Full Version : Official voting thread for Top DUmmies of 2010

franksolich
12-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the Official Voting Thread for the Top DUmmies of 2010!

It's been a stellar year for the primitives of Skins's island, what with continuing disappointment in the Dear Leader, and especially the results of the mid-term elections, the third-largest non-presidential Republican landslide in history.

And the individual antics of the individual primitives.

It's fun watching the primitives; as franksolich has oftentimes said, who needs television or movies when one has the primitives on Skins's island for diversion and amusement?

But now we approach that most solemn of moments, when one must put all toys aside and dwell upon the serious.

+ + + + +

The "Official Voting Thread" is open from this time until 11:00 p.m. central time, 10:00 p.m. mountain time, Tuesday, December 14, ten days hence, after which it will be locked for further votes.

+ + + + +

Whereas nominations are made only by registered members of conservativeunderground and conservativecave, voting is open, utterly open, to the general public.

If one is a member of either site, one can vote either publicly or privately; by posting one's votes in this "Official Voting Thread" or by confidential e-mail to curalph_wiggum@yahoo.com

If one is not a member of either site, one can vote via the e-mail address, above.

+ + + + +

The TOP DUmmies OF 2010 is a joint effort by Ralph Wiggum and franksolich, but there are certain "walls" in place between the two. Mr. Wiggum counts the votes, and releases the winners to franksolich one at a time, usually about half an hour before the announcement is made. franksolich has no idea how the voting went, until that half-hour before (he needs the advance notice so as to write the announcement, after all). Mr. Wiggum, on the other hand, has no idea, no idea at all, what franksolich is going to write, until it's been posted.

+ + + + +

The slightly-revised schedule is now:

December 5-December 14: voting for the TOP DUmmies OF 2010.

December 24: release of the TOP DUmmies of 2010 #20-11 (one thread for all).

December 25: release of the winners of the WILLIE and the ANNIE if a winner is not also a winner in the TOP DUmmies OF 2010, in which case the special award is given in the order one has been chosen a top DUmmie.

December 26-December 30: release of the TOP DUmmies OF 2010 #10-2, one thread per winner.

December 31: release of the TOP DUmmie OF 2010.

+ + + + +

One can change one's votes any time up until closure of the "Official Voting Thread;" however, one should note, when posting or e-mailing the alteration, that it is an alteration of a previous vote cast.

+ + + + +

Everyone can vote for up to ten primitives--less, of course too, but one should really use all of one's maximum voting power. One does not have to "rank" them in any sort of order; the common wisdom of the people ultimately and automatically determines the ranks.

One can vote for only one primitive each, for the WILLIE and the ANNIE. One may vote for a primitive for top DUmmie (one of those ten allowed votes) and for either or both of these awards.

franksolich
12-05-2010, 07:25 AM
If anyone is uncertain about the identity of a primitive, please feel free to ask, by personal message to a moderator, any moderator (i.e., not on this voting thread itself).

For the WILLIE, the primitive who's done the most (going back any number of years, not just 2010) to enhance and strengthen the good name and credibility of Skins's island (vote for one):

-Alan Grayson
-bobbolink
-BouncyBall

-CaliforniaPeggy
-Demtenjeep
-Octafish

-Proud2bLibKansan
-spooked911
-the Big Three (Skinner, EarlG, Elad)

-TruthIsAll
-WilliamPitt
-xultar

+ + + + +

For the ANNIE, the primitive who's the most likely to succeed on Skins's island, most likely to be a loser (and a sore one, too) in the real world (vote for one):

-Alan Grayson
-bobbolink
-B0G (the Barack 0bama Group: FrenchieCat, babylonsister, Cha, ProSense, grantcart, HiFructosePronSyrup, NJmaverick, HughMoran, jefferson_dem, Peacetrain, treestar, RoyGBiv, sandnsea, berni_mccoy, SoxFan, Nicholas D Wolfwood, and others)

-Demtenjeep
-EFerrari
-Fat Che's little brother

-Horse With no Name
-marmar
-MrScorpio

-NanceGreggs
-Proud2BlibKansan
-Redstone

-Skinner
-Stinky the Clown
-undergroundpanther

-WilliamPitt

+ + + + +

For TOP DUmmie OF 2010; those primitives who, for any particular reason and in any particular manner, made Skins's island especially entertaining during the past year (vote for ten):

-Alan Grayson
-AnArmyVeteran
-ArcticDave
-Atman

-Backscatter712
-BantheGOP
-BeFree
-bobbolink

-B0G (the Barack 0bama Group: FrenchieCat, babylonsister, Cha, ProSense, grantcart, HiFructosePronSyrup, NJmaverick, HughMoran, jefferson_dem, Peacetrain, treestar, RoyGBiv, sandnsea, berni_mccoy, SoxFan, Nicholas D Wolfwood, and others)
-BradBlog
-CaliforniaPeggy

-Cyrano
-DainBramaged
-DefendandProtect
-EFerrari

-Fat Che's little brother
-greywarrior
-Hannah Bell
-HawkeyeX

-HighFructosePronSyrup
-HippyChick
-IanDavid, the skumbag primitive
-Jackpine_Radical

-Joanne98
-JudiLynn
-kentuck
-madfloridian

-malaise
-mike_c
-MineralMan
-MrScorpio

-nadinbrzezinski
-Name removed
-NanceGreggs
-NNNOLHI

-Nuclear Unicorn
-PCIntern
-Phil The Cat
-ProSense

-Proud2BlibKansan
-ProudDad
-RandomThoughts
-Redstone

-RedXIII
-Rsmith6221
-Skinner
-spooked 911

-SteveLesser
-Stinky the Clown
-Systematic Chaos
-Taverner

-The Magistrate
-TheStraightStory
-ThomWV
-TwixVoy

-undergroundpanther
-w8lifting lady
-warpy
-xultar

djones520
12-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Willie: Spooked911

Annie: UGP

Top 10: ArcticDave, Be Free, DefendandProtect, Eferrari, Joanne98, Mike_C, Spooked911, StinkyTheClown, Name Removed

franksolich
12-05-2010, 11:34 AM
franksolich's votes:

for the Willie:

spooked911

for the Annie:

Redstone, Chief S itting Bull, the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive

for top primitives:

-Atman, Pedro Picasso
-B0G, the Barack 0bama Group
-Cyrano, Oscar Wilde, the large-proboscised primitive
-EFerrari, Doug's stupid ex-wife
-HawkeyeX, the crossed-eyed Iowa primitive
-mike_c, the mike_c primitive
-MrScorpio, Mr. Lamond Dorkio
-NNNOLHI, Don the grouchy old primitive
-Proud2BlibKansan, the Die alte Sau, the dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher
-Skinner, my fellow alum Skins

Remember, franksolich's vote for Pedro Picasso is just a token one, not to be taken seriously, and seriously no one else should waste one of his precious ten votes on Pedro Picasso, selecting instead from credible candidates.

It's just that franksolich is sentimental about an always-voted-for choice, six years in a row I've voted for the retarded blockhead who wouldn't know the difference between an apple and an electric fan.

The guy couldn't win a horse race even with a jet engine strapped to the saddle.

djones520
12-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Only a few days left to get your votes in folks.

Gingersnap
12-09-2010, 09:52 PM
For the WILLIE, the primitive who's done the most (going back any number of years, not just 2010) to enhance and strengthen the good name and credibility of Skins's island (vote for one):

CaliforniaPeggy

For the ANNIE, the primitive who's the most likely to succeed on Skins's island, most likely to be a loser (and a sore one, too) in the real world (vote for one):

Horse With no Name

For TOP DUmmie OF 2010; those primitives who, for any particular reason and in any particular manner, made Skins's island especially entertaining during the past year (vote for ten):

undergroundpanther

My votes.

Madisonian
12-09-2010, 10:14 PM
My votes...

-WilliamPitt

+ + + + +

-bobbolink
+ + + + +

-bobbolink (who is homeless in case you did not know)
-CaliforniaPeggy (pathetic pervert)
-DainBramaged (the misspelling was not intentional)
-DefendandProtect (his access to your money and his anti 2A stance makes that easier)
-EFerrari (Doug's is stupid for ever make her a wife)
-Hannah Bell (get an original avatar you loser)
-nadinbrzezinski (get an original name)
-Proud2BlibKansan (Are you still there Dorothy?)
-Stinky the Clown (At least he is honest)
-The Magistrate (You are an idiot, Sir)
[/QUOTE]

Bubba Dawg
12-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Willie: William whatever Pitt

Annie: bobolink

Top:

Undergroundpanther.

Gingersnap
12-09-2010, 10:28 PM
It's hard not to see UP as the Poster Kid for DU.

SarasotaRepub
12-10-2010, 06:53 AM
For the WILLIE, I have to go with our old buddy William Rivers Pitt!

Will is a shining example of "Teh Stupid" on DU and he's inspired others
to try and top him.

But no one on DU has Pitt's unique way of posting.

Thinks he's a serious journalist.
Almost never admits mistakes
Posts long screeds that I bet even his new wife doesn't read.
And gets thrown off DU on a semi-regular basis only to come crawling back once his ego needs stroking. His last Ban was a classic drunken attack on another of our favorites here, bobbolink! Did you all know she's homeless???

franksolich
12-10-2010, 11:38 AM
It's hard not to see UP as the Poster Kid for DU.

That's the term I was looking for--and not thinking of--madam, to describe the Willie award.

The best poster-child for Skins's island; a primitive who's made the island famous in the civilized world.

franksolich
12-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Okay, this is an alteration of my vote from page 1.

Remember, one can alter one's votes up until the close of voting Tuesday evening, December 14, at 11:00 p.m. central time, 10:00 p.m. mountain time.....as a matter of courtesy for Mr. Wiggum, who has to count them, plainly stating it is a change.

Scratch "Atman" and write in "AllentownJake."

bijou
12-11-2010, 11:57 AM
WILLIE: BouncyBall not seen much lately, but what a legacy!

ANNIE:bobbolink

TOP DUmmie OF 2010: Name removed

Edited to add my top 10

bobolink
CaliforniaPeggy
EFerrari
Joanne98
undergroundpanther
TheStraightStory
mike_c
MrScorpio
Name removed
spooked 911

Outraged
12-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Willie - William Rivers Pitt

Annie - Alan Grayson

Poster of the Year - Name Removed

Top ten:

bobolink
CaliforniaPeggy
EFerrari
HawkeyeX
MrScorpio
NNNOLHI
Proud2BlibKansan
Redstone
Stinky the Clown
xultar

SarasotaRepub
12-11-2010, 07:15 PM

My vote goes to bobbolink and it shouldn't be a surprise, she is:

Homeless. :eek::D
A sure fire poster to nearly anything linked to the homeless.
A condesending bitch.
A thread hijacker extraordinarily!
A 1st class loser. This nitwit, according to her, was offered free housing but she turned it down. She gave some retarded reason, I can't remember what stupid excuse she gave, but she was offered a place and turned it down. According to her. Strangely, she's never shown for a DU meetup in her area...
And my Numero Uno reason for voting for her...I still think she's a deep cover mole. :D

franksolich
12-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Voting is heavy, but appears to be much more fragmented than it has in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up, for the first time, with some ties.

So quite obviously, every vote counts; your vote CAN make a difference.

The polls close at 11:00 p.m. central time, 10:00 p.m. mountain time, Tuesday December 14.

ralph wiggum
12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Keep those votes coming! Things have really been heating up over the weekend. For whatever reason, a lot of folks prefer to send them to me via Private Message here, which is perfectly acceptable.

Looking forward to hearing from more of you as the deadline approaches.

Odysseus
12-13-2010, 12:40 PM
This is tough. There is truly an embarrassment of riches over there (and I do mean embarrassment).

For the ANNIE, I'm torn between bobolink and undergroundpanther. Both are highly delusional moonbats who have managed to reach epic levels of failure in the real world, but if I had to choose, I'd say that a woman who thinks that she's a cat is marginally crazier than a garden variety homeless vagrant. As for the WILLIE, my first choice is going to be someone who hasn't actually posted on DU (at least, not that I'm aware of), but who has certainly done the most to enhance and strengthen the good name and credibility of DU, I'm going with a write-in, the one, the only (did I already say "The ONE"?) Barack Hussein Obama!

WILLIE: Barack Hussein Obama!
ANNIE: Undergroundpanther

As for the rest, it's hard to single out ten out of so many. In the spirit of the kind of competition that liberals demand, where everyone gets a trophy, no matter how badly they do, I propose a group award for all of DU, because they'd be the first to say that none of them is better than any other. :D

franksolich
12-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Okay, voting seems to be ahead of last year, so it's all copacetic.

I won't be around today or tonight, so I'm asking any moderator here on conservativeunderground to "lock" this voting thread this evening at 11:00 p.m. central time, 10:00 p.m. mountain time, about eleven hours from now.

Votes will be taken, and alterations in already-cast votes, until that time.

I want to thank our esteemed colleague djones520, for running the voting thread here; when someone needs to come up to bat, djones520 has always pulled us through.

And of course my usual gratitude to Mr. Wiggum, who has ten days to count the votes, after which franksolich unleashes the top primitives to the world, beginning with the ten runners-up, and then primitives #10 on up to the topmost primitive.

As mentioned, voting this year's significantly fragmented, and I'll bet there's going to be some surprises. Because it's fragmented, that means EVERY VOTE COUNTS--it could make a difference between a primitive being #08 or #07, for example, or primitive being #02 or #03, for another example.

Again, thanks to all who have participated, and all who participate up until closing this evening.

You're a great bunch of people, every one!

ralph wiggum
12-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Ditto to everything Frank said.

I haven't updated the voting totals since this weekend, but things are VERY VERY CLOSE in all categories. For anyone who hasn't voted, please don't hold back, today is the last day. If you'd prefer to make your votes private, feel free to send them to me via PM. Additionally I've gotten more than usual at my e-mail address, so you may vote there as well:

curalph_wiggum@yahoo.com

Thanks to everyone for participating!

Odysseus
12-14-2010, 10:05 AM
As mentioned, voting this year's significantly fragmented, and I'll bet there's going to be some surprises. Because it's fragmented, that means EVERY VOTE COUNTS--it could make a difference between a primitive being #08 or #07, for example, or primitive being #02 or #03, for another example.

Does that mean that Al Franken will be declared the winner no matter what?