PDA

View Full Version : Man pulled from path of incoming train at Madrid metro station

megimoo
12-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Man pulled from path of incoming train at Madrid metro station

Spanish police have released CCTV footage showing an off-duty policeman rescuing a man who fell onto the tracks at a metro station in Madrid.

The newspaper El Pais reported the 41-year-old man was under the influence of alcohol and lost his balance on the platform of Puerta del Angel station.

Passengers on the platform are seen screaming and waving their arms to alert the driver.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11917279

hampshirebrit
12-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Jeepers. Great find, Megs, thanks for posting it.

I've had recurring nightmares about this sort of thing since I was a kid.

Well done the cop. That takes balls of brass to do that. I hope I can do what he did.

NJCardFan
12-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Just goes to show that waking backward toward the tracks is not a good idea.

megimoo
12-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Jeepers. Great find, Megs, thanks for posting it.

I've had recurring nightmares about this sort of thing since I was a kid.

Well done the cop. That takes balls of brass to do that. I hope I can do what he did.

Even so the drunken guy almost lost his legs.They were just off the tracks when the train came in .The guy who pulled him off the tracks was an off duty fireman.They do this sort of thing for a living !I agree the chance of both of them being hit were very high !

hampshirebrit
12-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Even so the drunken guy almost lost his legs.They were just off the tracks when the train came in .The guy who pulled him off the tracks was an off duty fireman.They do this sort of thing for a living !I agree the chance of both of them being hit were very high !

I read policeman rather than fireman, but whatever, it takes training as well as self-discipline and balls to take that shot. The drunken guy is lucky that the other guy was on the platform.