PDA

View Full Version : We're going to really need each other from now on.

SarasotaRepub
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM
What an assclown!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9692251) :D

MinneapolisMatt (807 posts) Sat Dec-04-10 10:39 PM
Original message We're going to really need each other from now on.

The last few months have been very confusing for me to say the least. I'm trying to figure out the rationale behind the White House, and I simply can't. I don't know what's happening and why it's happening. (Please, no snark about that comment. I'm literally at a loss.)

I'm 34 and have grown up never counting on job security, never thought much about social security, and have figured if I can't count on a job, why count on that? So there it is.

What I have noticed since, oh, 1996, is that the media, politics, and the "system" in general has changed. I remember when The Pelican Brief came out and while I found it thrilling, never really took it seriously. Now our country is that times a billion, and we all know it. It's probably been that way from the beginning.

Then comes along Wikileaks, which I think is perhaps the most globally changing movement ever. It's full impact is yet to be seen, but it has the potential to change the world as we know it permanently. It could be a very bad thing, it could be a very good thing. I can't see the future, but what I can feel is the paradigm shifting beneath my feet.

Despite all the uncertainty we are facing, we're going to need each other more than ever. Not just as people on the internet, but in real life too. We really need to reach out to our loved ones and strangers alike who are in need more than ever because we're probably going to keep getting less and less from the institutions we have grown up/lived with and which most have relied upon.

I have no real answers or solutions, however I find myself feeling more and more apt to not want to burn any bridges and adapt an attitude of forgiveness with my fellow citizens. Life is short enough as it is let alone having to deal with several possible, looming, gigantic crises.

I'm having a hard time trying to articulate how I feel. Maybe seeing the world's power structure going mad has made me become very introspective and re-evaluate what the future will be like. I feel we're starting to undergo a shift humanity hasn't seen in centuries - if ever?

I know I'm rambling as writing isn't one of my strengths; but I had to get this feeling off of my chest. I'm also not trying to sound overly-dramatic or sensitive or anything. Just trying to express what I'm sensing. We have to be ready for some significant changes ahead, or at least that's how I'm feeling it, and I hope we can all adapt and take care of each other through some probably historic times.

Thanks for reading. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/grouphug.gif

Total retard or a good mole. And the DUmmies eat it up and tell him/her he's great!!! :D

Rockntractor
12-05-2010, 07:08 PM
What an assclown!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9692251) :D

Total retard or a good mole. And the DUmmies eat it up and tell him/her he's great!!! :D
Okay, I'm going to throw up chunks now.

FDK
12-06-2010, 08:46 AM
what I can feel is the paradigm shifting beneath my feet.

1990 just called. It wants it's catch phrase back.