PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Werth To The Nationals

NJCardFan
12-06-2010, 12:49 AM
Now this was a surprise. Some expected him to resign with the Phillies or with Boston but the Nats? Um, ok. Take the money and run I guess. I hope the Nationals are happy getting a guy who had a batting average with runners in scoring position that is somewhere beneath the earth's crust.

Bailey
12-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Now this was a surprise. Some expected him to resign with the Phillies or with Boston but the Nats? Um, ok. Take the money and run I guess. I hope the Nationals are happy getting a guy who had a batting average with runners in scoring position that is somewhere beneath the earth's crust.

Well I guess he has his WS ring and now he's looking for the cash. I guess philly money is not good enough for him. On the plus note we get a 1st round pick for him due to the phills offering arbatration.

Rebel Yell
12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
If he had resigned with the Phillies, y'all would be singing his praises. I love sports, it makes hypocrits of us all.

Space Gravy
12-06-2010, 10:29 AM
He'll help. They needed to make a move after losing Dunn to keep the fans happy.

Molon Labe
12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
It's pretty funny how much they paid him. I doubt he's worth that type of contract.

Space Gravy
12-06-2010, 12:18 PM
It's pretty funny how much they paid him. I doubt he's worth that type of contract.

Especially at 31.

NJCardFan
12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
If he had resigned with the Phillies, y'all would be singing his praises. I love sports, it makes hypocrits of us all.

Do I hate losing him? Of course. But it's not that the Nationals wanted him, it's the money they're paying him. Jayson Werth is not worth(pardon the pun) the $126 million he got. He's a decent player but wow, that's overpaying if there ever was a case.

Bailey
12-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Do I hate losing him? Of course. But it's not that the Nationals wanted him, it's the money they're paying him. Jayson Werth is not worth(pardon the pun) the $126 million he got. He's a decent player but wow, that's overpaying if there ever was a case.

I'd rather see Howard go to the nats, never forgive him looking at strikes 2 and 3 :mad:

Rebel Yell
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM

Of course they overpaid him. How else would they get ANYONE to come play for the Expos, I mean Nats?

NJCardFan
12-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Of course they overpaid him. How else would they get ANYONE to come play for the Expos, I mean Nats?

But they wouldn't pay Adam Dunn, one of the most popular players on the team, more than the White Sox paid him which was $56 million over 4 years but they gave Werth, a player who has only had 3 good seasons, $126 million over 7 years. Doesn't make sense. And if they think Werth is a good buy at $126 million, imagine what they're going to have to pay Ryan Zimmerman.

Rebel Yell
12-06-2010, 02:04 PM
But they wouldn't pay Adam Dunn, one of the most popular players on the team, more than the White Sox paid him which was $56 million over 4 years but they gave Werth, a player who has only had 3 good seasons, $126 million over 7 years. Doesn't make sense. And if they think Werth is a good buy at $126 million, imagine what they're going to have to pay Ryan Zimmerman.

It doesn't really matter, they'll still be bottom feeders.

Off topic, but we got Dan Uggla a while back.