PDA

View Full Version : Michael Steele on McCain's Ticket

Celestron
08-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Would Michael Steele be a good choice for Vice President, or is there a chance this could backfire?

Steele's Bio on GOPAC.org (http://www.gopac.org/chairmanscorner/bio.aspx)

LibraryLady
08-24-2008, 12:25 AM
I think very highly of Michael Steele but I bet it would be called a ploy because of his race.

Elspeth
08-24-2008, 01:07 AM
I think very highly of Michael Steele but I bet it would be called a ploy because of his race.

I still think McCain should really consider a woman, considering how this year has gone.

Celestron
08-24-2008, 05:21 AM

For the most part, that is the only concern I have as well. Otherwise, I personally think he'd be one of the top candidates.

I still think McCain should really consider a woman, considering how this year has gone.

Dick Morris pointed out that Kay Bailey Hutchison would be the best pick for McCain, talked about how it would help McCain get some of the female vote.

GrumpyOldLady
08-24-2008, 08:04 AM
The female Gov. of Alaska would be great. But then you look at her and she doesn't have that professional look at all. She needs to look more Commander-In-Chief to be on the ticket. If she'd change the looks then she'd be an awesome choice.

Sorry, but it's true.

I think McCain has a very wide selection to choose from.

Romney.
Crist.
Bill Frist.
Jindel will be a great choice in 8 years.

We republicans have a lot of talent.

GrumpyOldLady
08-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Oh ... and Kay Bailey Hutchenson.
She'd be awesome.

linda22003
08-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Kay Bailey Hutchison. I have never seen anyone on CU get her last name right, yet.

Cold Warrior
08-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I think Steele would suffer a bit from name recognition. I had to follow the link to figure out who he is! :eek:

linda22003
08-24-2008, 11:18 AM
I certainly know who he is, since I live next door to Maryland. I couldn't tell you what he's been doing since he and Ehrlich got voted out of office, though.

GrumpyOldLady
08-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Kay Bailey Hutchison. I have never seen anyone on CU get her last name right, yet.

Sorry. I'm a lousy speller. No insult intended to Kay Bailey Hutchison.
I can't spell anything correctly. Names are particularily hard.