PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Edwards dead of cancer at 61

bijou
12-07-2010, 05:00 PM
CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- Elizabeth Edwards has passed away after a long battle with cancer. The 61-year-old wife of former presidential candidate John Edwards died at home Tuesday afternoon with her family around her.

The news came after the Edwards family announced Monday that cancer had spread to her liver and doctors were recommending against further treatment.http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7827069

djones520
12-07-2010, 05:23 PM
I hope she's at peace now.

Hawkgirl
12-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Wow, just yesterday they said she was going to stop treatment.
RIP Elizabeth and Prayers for her children.

djones520
12-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Wow, just yesterday they said she was going to stop treatment.
RIP Elizabeth and Prayers for her children.

It happens fast when it hits that stage.

My surrogate Grandfather discovered he had cancer so advanced that they didn't even bother with treatment. He passed away a week after being diagnosed.

Lager
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
It's very sad. It's unfortunate her last years weren't as peaceful as they could have been, thanks to her dick of a husband.

rjas77
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- Elizabeth Edwards has passed away after a long battle with cancer. The 61-year-old wife of former presidential candidate John Edwards died at home Tuesday afternoon with her family around her.

The news came after the Edwards family announced Monday that cancer had spread to her liver and doctors were recommending against further treatment.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7827069

Wow..I didn't know she was that ill...

Prayers to the family

Constitutionally Speaking
12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
It happens fast when it hits that stage.

My surrogate Grandfather discovered he had cancer so advanced that they didn't even bother with treatment. He passed away a week after being diagnosed.

The speed is a blessing. In many cases, the suffering at this point is simply agonizing.

I hope her family finds peace and has some good things to remember this time with, not the horrible situation that her husband put her through.

Teddy Kennedy
12-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Be free Elizabeth. Don't you worry anymore.

SarasotaRepub
12-07-2010, 07:34 PM
RIP. :(

Her husband is scum.

Bailey
12-07-2010, 07:47 PM
RIP. :(

Her husband is scum.

Prays for her kids and family and the wrong one out of her marriage died.

SaintLouieWoman
12-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Prays for her kids and family and the wrong one out of her marriage died.
Amen to that. Today on one of those daytime talk shows Sharon Osburn had just commented that John Edwards was scum, absolute scum, when CBS did their newflash---interrupted with Obummer's speech.

Rest in peace. She didn't deserve John Edwards. A big house is nice, but a loyal, decent husband is better. This should be a reminder to young girls to keep away from politicians.

Bailey
12-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Amen to that. Today on one of those daytime talk shows Sharon Osburn had just commented that John Edwards was scum, absolute scum, when CBS did their newflash---interrupted with Obummer's speech.

Rest in peace. She didn't deserve John Edwards. A big house is nice, but a loyal, decent husband is better. This should be a reminder to young girls to keep away from politicians.

What kind of scum could cheat on a ill spouse? Sorry dont want to thread jack but I hope she was right with the Lord and is with him now.

hampshirebrit
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Requiescat in pace.

Not like there's much choice in the matter.

Bubba Dawg
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Thoughts and prayers. :(

Kay
12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I hated to hear about this, but am glad she is at peace now.
I admired her for the grace and strength she showed during
the very public mess he put her through. But still, she was a
libtard or she wouldn't have been married to the likes of him
in the first place. RIP Elizabeth and prayers to the kids.

I wonder if scumwad John will marry his hoe now that she's out of the way.

NJCardFan
12-07-2010, 10:34 PM
I hope she found peace and my thoughts and prayers are with her family.

PoliCon
12-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Be at peace Elizabeth. Go to the Light.

CueSi
12-09-2010, 02:06 AM

When OZZY OSBORNE'S WIFE says you're scum... you're fucking scum. It's an insult to scum.

~QC

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-09-2010, 02:34 AM
When OZZY OSBORNE'S WIFE says you're scum... you're fucking scum. It's an insult to scum.

~QC

To be fair, even though Ozzy's always had his drug issues, I think it's pretty obvious he LOVES Sharon. When she got diagnosed with cancer it caused him to relapse I think after years of being sober. She means a LOT to him, and he's said it many times...He wouldn't be alive now without her.

That's unlike Edwards. Honestly, while I would NEVER cheat, I think there are certain, very select circumstances where cheating can be ''acceptable" depending on a person's circumstance. But he didn't just cheat, he utterly betrayed her WHILE SHE WAS DOWN and made a fool out of her in every way publicly and privately. And he was just waiting for her to die--I remember reading in order to get his mistress to keep quiet he promised her he'd get married to her as soon as his wife died. It was like he was waiting, come on and die. That is the lowest of the low.