http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdS7aCq4P3U

John Stossel speaking on Judge Napolitano's show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5613outDeo
(Stossel comes on at around 4 minutes)

Congressman Ron Paul giving a statement specifically about wikileaks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM1HlfVF4I4

Ron Paul giving a speech on American foreign policy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5b7M04xPRE

How do the self-identified libertarians feel about this issue? Do you agree with any of these speakers or is your opinion not represented by them?

I must say too, that even when I've disagreed with Ron Paul, I've always respected that he is truly a man of principles, which is rare in government today.

Rockntractor
12-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Wow the weturn of Weible, welcome!:D

Molon Labe
12-07-2010, 10:01 PM
AHHH.....The Judge.....

Best voice on Fox..

Too bad he'll probably get a spanking by Murdoch if he keeps this up. :(

m00
12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
AHHH.....The Judge.....

Best voice on Fox..

Too bad he'll probably get a spanking by Murdoch if he keeps this up. :(

Yeah he's spot on.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-07-2010, 11:24 PM
A communist trying to make an alliance with a Libertarian?
I guess just trying to recruit some ''useful idiots.''

Wei Wu Wei
12-08-2010, 02:18 PM
A communist trying to make an alliance with a Libertarian?
I guess just trying to recruit some ''useful idiots.''

I've often been very critical of libertarianism, but most Libertarians i've met have at least been well read, they remain informed about the issues, and while we have different solutions to the problem, I respect that most libertarians don't blindly follow whatever official statement the Government tells them.

You're still very young buddy, in fact many of us are. Try to keep an open mind and never be afraid to question the fundamentals. People on the left and on the right often have a lot in common, once you mature past the partisan bickering on Fox News or CNN.

hampshirebrit
12-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah he's spot on.

+1.

I'm a big Judge Napolitano fan.

The vids cleared up some confusion on the issue. Legally, it looks like the espionage case rests in PFC Manning's court, and not with Assange or Wikileaks.

The judge and Mr Smith also pointed out that some other people in DOD must have been involved, apart from PFC Manning.

I think that Assange is a scumbag in many ways for releasing the material, but perhaps we should reflect that it was Wikileaks that broke Climategate. I daresay quite a few of us are glad that Climategate was exposed.

Bailey
12-08-2010, 04:03 PM
+1.

The vids cleared up some confusion on the issue. Legally, it looks like the espionage case rests in PFC Manning's court, and not with Assange or Wikileaks.

The judge and Mr Smith also pointed out that some other people in DOD must have been involved, apart from PFC Manning.

I think that Assange is a scumbag in many ways for releasing the material, but perhaps we should reflect that it was Wikileaks that broke Climategate. I daresay quite a few of us are glad that Climategate was exposed.

Climategate didnt stop the global warming assholes one bit.

I dont think he should be charged but I am all for him having an "accident".

Molon Labe
12-08-2010, 04:16 PM
+1.

^ That's about my take. I think he was overly reckless about names and places and not blacking out sensitive items. Still I have not read much of the information, just analysis of it. There are some that believe that much of this information is already well known by the enemy, just not the public.

Interesting fact is that the State Department was offered the opportunity to comb the files for sensitive material before it was released but declined.

hampshirebrit
12-08-2010, 04:41 PM

It exposed them to scrutiny, though, which is a good thing.

Wei Wu Wei
12-08-2010, 07:15 PM

I dont think he should be charged but I am all for him having an "accident".

I don't know what you're talking about. Did you hear about the climate conference in Cancun, Mexico?

Probably not, because no major American News agencies are even covering it.

Meanwhile, the Kyoto Treaty is being dropped so there is no real oversight for wealthy nations.

I am not too informed about the climate issue but I do know that we're not doing anything serious to address it.

Molon Labe
12-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. Did you hear about the climate conference in Cancun, Mexico?

Meanwhile, the Kyoto Treaty is being dropped so there is no real oversight for wealthy nations.

I am not too informed about the climate issue but I do know that we're not doing anything serious to address it.

Well...to start with....not many wealthy nations signed on to Kyoto. So there never was any oversight to speak of if it has no teeth.

Wei Wu Wei
12-08-2010, 07:47 PM
True. Climate change reform is a joke. I can't speak much about the science of it because I haven't done my research on that, but if climate change is a real issue then we're screwed because all of the major contributors just don't care.

Rockntractor
12-08-2010, 07:48 PM

What is the climate doing that you think could be stopped? Do you want to get rid of the seasons?:confused:

Wei Wu Wei
12-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I just hope that our environment continues to be able to support the human species, and because ecosystems are perpetually unstable and ever-evolving, we shouldn't accept as a given that the world we've lived in the past will be the same world we'll live in the future.

However, I'd prefer if this thread didn't turn into a global warming discussion so I'll stop here

Gingersnap
12-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Let's get back on topic, people. ;)