PDA

View Full Version : Sympathy for John Edwards

Rockntractor
12-07-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9717632

Wabbajack_ (612 posts) Tue Dec-07-10 07:02 PM
Original message
Sympathy for John Edwards
I've been seeing some nasty stuff about John Edwards across the internet.

Ie "he should blow his brains out for what he did".

Seriously come on. Adultery is hanging offense if the wife is sick? Adultery happens in most marriages.

The man and his children deserve some compassion during this difficult time.

obliviously (1000+ posts) Tue Dec-07-10 07:13 PM
Response to Original message
12. I hope he has created his own private hell!

SarasotaRepub
12-07-2010, 08:22 PM
John Edwards is scum but you'll still find shitheads on DU defending him. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rockntractor
12-07-2010, 08:25 PM
John Edwards is scum but you'll still find shitheads on DU defending him. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It makes me truly sad at her passing that she didn't have the support of her husband while she was sick, what a lonely way to die.

SaintLouieWoman
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
It makes me truly sad at her passing that she didn't have the support of her husband while she was sick, what a lonely way to die.

Sadly she didn't have his support before she was sick either. He reminds me of some of the slick sales reps I used to work with, the type guys who would be constantly looking at their reflections in windows and mirrors, the "God's gift" type guy. I remember in college one entire fraternity consisted of that type of person. I never could stand them in school nor on the job.

Rockntractor
12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Sadly she didn't have his support before she was sick either. He reminds me of some of the slick sales reps I used to work with, the type guys who would be constantly looking at their reflections in windows and mirrors, the "God's gift" type guy. I remember in college one entire fraternity consisted of that type of person. I never could stand them in school nor on the job.

Interestingly enough by most of the replies to this thread, DU doesn't like this type of person either!

hoplophobe
12-08-2010, 10:03 AM
At least they are consistent. Didn't they have the same gripe about McCain?

Apache
12-08-2010, 11:17 AM
John Edwards deserves no quarter for what he did, and is doing now...... self agrandizing(sp?) Bastid...

Sympathies lie with her family,the children and close friends, who have suffered a loss this season. Edwards sees a way of getting back into the news....

ralph wiggum
12-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Adultery happens in most marriages.

It does? :confused: And do most of them result in illegitimate children as well? :rolleyes:

Apache
12-08-2010, 11:37 AM
It does? :confused: And do most of them result in illegitimate children as well? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately yes. Children, I don't know...

Calypso Jones
12-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Elizabeth I suspect knew within the first few months of their marriage that she had aligned herself with a very shallow, self indulgent guy.

Molon Labe
12-08-2010, 12:16 PM

Yep. Left his wife when she needed a husband most. I feel more sorry for the kids now having to live with him.

Calypso Jones
12-08-2010, 01:13 PM
do you REALLY think he'll be home raising kids? He'll get someone to do it or turn them over to a family member. Are her parents still alive? or his?

enslaved1
12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Wabbajack_ (612 posts) Tue Dec-07-10 07:02 PM
Original message
Sympathy for John Edwards
I've been seeing some nasty stuff about John Edwards across the internet.

Ie "he should blow his brains out for what he did".

Seriously come on. Adultery is hanging offense if the wife is sick? Adultery happens in most marriages.

The man and his children deserve some compassion during this difficult time

By your logic, if it was ok for him to be fooling around when she was sick, then why does he deserve compassion now?

As for the "hanging offence if the wife is sick" comment, that is just a pathetic concept of what marriage is.

AmPat
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Is there proof that most marriages suffer adultery? Mine doesn't , maybe I'm missing something.

As for the Breck Girl, he is a slimy prick who desrves no sympathy or respect. I don't like or agree with Elizabeth's politics but I feel bad for the children. Maybe they will have more brains than their parents and become Conservatives?

FDK
12-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Elizabeth I suspect knew within the first few months of their marriage that she had aligned herself with a very shallow, self indulgent guy.

WTF? That dude is pretty transparent. I'd guess she knew on the first date.

Kay
12-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Is there proof that most marriages suffer adultery? Mine doesn't

Damn....
*crossing Ampat off the list of potentials*

ralph wiggum
12-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Is there proof that most marriages suffer adultery? Mine doesn't , maybe I'm missing something.

That was my point. I'm divorced & know a number of other folks who've been through the same. There was rarely any cheating amongst that group of both men & women. (Anecotal evidence, I know).

AmPat
12-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Damn....
*crossing Ampat off the list of potentials*

Sorry Kay, despite the false photograpic "evidence," there's only one of me. Besides, I'm scared of the wife, she's Latina.

Kay
12-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Sorry Kay, despite the false photograpic "evidence," there's only one of me. Besides, I'm scared of the wife, she's Latina.

That's ok, I'm skeerd of her too! :eek:
Besides I still have this thing with Hamps going for me.....:)

AmPat
12-10-2010, 10:40 AM
That's ok, I'm skeerd of her too! :eek:
Besides I still have this thing for bad teeth going for me.....:)

Fixered!:D

noonwitch
12-10-2010, 10:58 AM
I have some sympathy for Edwards right now, just because he probably feels very guilty for all the crap he put Elizabeth through in her life and during her illness. I have far more sympathy for their children, though, who have lost their mother. I hope he is a good father to them from here on out.

But, hey, I've been able to sympathize with crackheads who beat their kids, so I'm basically a pretty understanding person.

hampshirebrit
12-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Fixered!:D

Hey :mad: I have wonderful teeth. They cost me a fortune.

Apache
12-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey :mad: I have wonderful teeth. They cost me a fortune.

Have you ever left them in your pocket :confused:

byte.speed
12-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Sympathy for John Edwards...

Please allow me to introduce myself,
I'm a man of wealth & taste.
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith.

Rockntractor
12-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Have you ever left them in your pocket :confused:

Putting them in your shirt pocket is dangerous! They could bite a nipple off.:eek:

Madisonian
12-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I have some sympathy for Edwards right now, just because he probably feels very guilty for all the crap he put Elizabeth through in her life and during her illness.

Karma is a bitch!

CaughtintheMiddle1990
12-11-2010, 04:32 AM
Personally, even when I was 14 back in 2004 watching that campaign, Edwards struck me as seeming sleazy, like a used car salesman.