PDA

View Full Version : The Bank down the road from me just got robbed like 5 minutes ago.

Rebel Yell
12-08-2010, 11:22 AM
I saw several police cars pass by, then my boss went to lunch and just called back and said the bank is blocked off. I just got confirmation that it was actually robbed.

linda22003
12-08-2010, 11:24 AM
So you've come here to post about it as your alibi? ;)

Rebel Yell
12-08-2010, 11:24 AM
It wasn't a robbery. It was a bomb threat.

Gingersnap
12-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Sounds like Breaking News to me. ;)

djones520
12-08-2010, 11:29 AM
It's amazing how often robberies happen.

When my wife was a teller, she had someone attempt to rob her at least 3 times. It was always when she was in the outside teller position. She was behind 2 inches of bullet proof glass, and had a 50lb steel door with several dead bolts.

They'd come up and hand her a note demanding money, and she'd just call the police.

Back in Japan, Security Forces would practice bank robbery drills about once a month. Which was kinda funny because the only people who had access to the bank where people who lived on base.

noonwitch
12-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Is this a rare occurrence in your community?

It's not really big news in Detroit, except that the guys who rob banks usually get caught. Liquor stores are better targets, here, because they don't draw the attention of federal law enforcement.

Rebel Yell
12-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Is this a rare occurrence in your community?

It's not really big news in Detroit, except that the guys who rob banks usually get caught. Liquor stores are better targets, here, because they don't draw the attention of federal law enforcement.

A robbery would have been a really big deal. That bank was robbed about 3 years ago, but it is a very rare occurence here. The bomb threat will be gossip fodder in a small town like ours. We do have enough sense to know that if someone plants a bomb, they're probably not gonna call you a half hour ahead of time to make sure you know about it.

lacarnut
12-08-2010, 01:52 PM
We do have enough sense to know that if someone plants a bomb, they're probably not gonna call you a half hour ahead of time to make sure you know about it.

We had a number of bomb threats when we moved into the new LA Dept of Revenue building. Never found anything but everyone had to be evacuated each time. Went across the street to Kentucky Fried Chicken, got a coke, sat down and watched the fools stand around in the 90 plus heat while the bomb squad gave the all clear. We also had unannounced fire drills every month to keep us on our toes.