PDA

View Full Version : The "Magic O" and Slow Joe Show,This is Going to Be So Much Fun.

megimoo
08-24-2008, 12:30 PM
DENVER - Political marriages are never pretty.

Quote Biden on Obama:"The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

"I think he can be ready but right now, I don't believe he is," Biden said of Obama.:rolleyes:

Given the inbred cesspool that is Washington politics, it's always easy to dig up damning statements that today's bedfellows made about one another in the last election.

It's simply part of this sordid game where loyalty doesn't last one inch beyond a politician's most cynical personal interests and insatiable self-gratification.

Just ask Elizabeth Edwards.

Barack Obama's choice of Joe Biden as his running mate is certainly no exception.

It didn't take John McCain's campaign more than a few minutes to dredge up Biden's unvarnished view of Obama. At least, that was Biden's view before he won the vice-presidential lottery.

Politicians hate being reminded of past statements like this. They want to explain: "I didn't really mean that. It's just what I had to say in a campaign and you should never believe anything I say during a campaign."

But that would not be in their best political interest, so they never say that.

What's particularly devastating about Biden's analysis from the past - already neatly produced into a compelling McCain ad - is that it's precisely the Republican line of attack on Obama.

And there isn't much Biden can say now to undo the damage of his legendarily loose lips.

"With me on board, he'll be fine," Biden could say just before being removed from the ticket by Obama.

Nor can Biden argue that somehow Obama has gained some crucial world experience in the past 12 months. All Obama has learned since then is how to be a better presidential candidate. And, of course, brushed up his grasp of world affairs with advisers and briefing papers.

Not terribly reassuring in a world where terrorists seethe, China rises and our old nuclear nemesis Russia is back on the march.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08242008/news/columnists/gop_flipping_with_delight_at_no__2s_u_tu_125897.ht m

LibraryLady
08-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Thought I'd put this here, FUNNY!!

Green Ego and Ham (http://watchmanswords.blogspot.com/2008/08/green-ego-and-ham.html)

(With apologies to Dr. Seuss)

O and Joe
Joe and O
I will not vote for O and Joe

I would not, could not in the Fall
For them I will not vote at all.

Barack H. O.
Has done few deeds
And yet now for our votes he pleads
His votes are few his bills are nil
In his short time on Capitol Hill

He says his choice will heal the planet
And shrink the oceans while he's at it
He'll make the world love us once more
For at his very name they roar

No footprints left on sands behind
It's hard to know what's on his mind
He votes present to hide his views
And he's covered up for by the news

He doesn't seem to have the chops
We find in most of our leaders
And on the issues he flip-flops
He hopes that we're not readers

With lots of pride but little done
This candidate is called "The One"
And with him inexperienced so
Barack is just a Green Ego

And now as running mate the O
Has chosen a prideful man named Joe
The sound of his own voice Joe loves
He thinks it sweet like cooing doves

A showboat from his Senate seat
Joe runs his mouth each time they meet
And though I fear it is a slam
This Joe is nothing but a ham

O and Joe
Joe and O
I will not vote for O and Joe

And as November comes into view
The Democrats promote these two
But I tell you now good Sir or Ma'am
I will not vote for Green Ego and Ham

Sadie5
08-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Nor can Biden argue that somehow Obama has gained some crucial world experience in the past 12 months. All Obama has learned since then is how to be a better presidential candidate. And, of course, brushed up his grasp of world affairs with advisers and briefing papers.

This part is interesting. I wonder how Joe will wiggle out of this. I also wonder about that short list of VPs BO bragged about. I bet almost all of those on that list turned down the offer. They probably didn't want Bayh because he was a Hillary supporter, so to make things interesting I bet there was no one left who wanted to get slaughtered in November but to keep things going they turned it into a suspense.