View Full Version : Ads Around Nashville Say End Of World Is 6 Months Away

Gingersnap
12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Ads Around Nashville Say End Of World Is 6 Months Away

Posted: Dec 01, 2010 9:14 PM MST

Ads Around Nashville Say End Of World Is 6 Months Away
3:17

by Kim Gebbia

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A widespread ad campaign popping up on Music City roadsides claims the end of the world is just six months away. Some call it a scare tactic or publicity stunt, but the group behind this message claim it's very real.

They site the Bible and the book of revelations which states Jesus will return to earth.

For Christians waiting for a signal of the time, the date, or perhaps even a sign from a above? There's now a crystal clear one on billboards all across Nashville.

The Christian non profit, Family Radio Worldwide, who sponsored these ads said they know exactly when the apocalypse is coming, and it's May 21, 2011.

The 89-year old director behind Family Radio is so sure of this date, they put up 40 billboards here Nashville and hundreds more all around the globe to give folks an ample warning.

"This is the day, this is really the day this is not a joke," said Tom Evans, a spokesperson for the organization.

He spoke with NewsChannel5 by phone from their California office. Evans said the date was carefully calculated from specific biblical dates, years and numbers referenced in the Bible. He also said May 21, 2011 will mark the end of mankind.

"It's going to be a wonderful day for the believers and they will be caught up and raptured to be with Christ and those that remain here on earth will be subject to an earthquake that has never occurred in all of creation," said Evans.

Well, this makes scheduling a lot easier.

News Channel 5 (http://www.newschannel5.com/story/13600603/ads-target-nashville-end-of-world-is-6-months-away)

linda22003
12-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Will they commit suicide if they're wrong? They need to have some skin in the game.

Articulate_Ape
12-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Will they commit suicide if they're wrong? They need to have some skin in the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:D

linda22003
12-09-2010, 12:08 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:D

Well, what if people cancel weddings, proms, and Memorial Day picnics for nothing? It's not like you can get your deposit back.

obx
12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
No more green bananas.

megimoo
12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
No more green bananas. Or Breakfast Bathtub Margaritas .

AmPat
12-09-2010, 01:33 PM
They site the Bible and the book of revelations which states Jesus will return to earth.At least they could have gotten the title correct; it's Revelation.

This isn't even risky, it's stupid. Jesus himself said that only the Father knew the day. So far the doomsday prophets are a perfect 100% on this prediction.

linda22003
12-09-2010, 01:48 PM
At least they could have gotten the title correct; it's Revelation.

The writer also used "site" instead of "cite". The lit'rucy rate 'round Nashville maht cud be lackin'.

Rockntractor
12-09-2010, 01:50 PM
I is redy!

3rd-try
12-09-2010, 05:59 PM
The Christian non profit, Family Radio Worldwide, who sponsored these ads said they know exactly when the apocalypse is coming, and it's May 21, 2011.

Do they say what time?

Gingersnap
12-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Do they say what time?

Yeah, I'll need a conversion to MST Daylight Savings Time.

AmPat
12-10-2010, 10:42 AM
The writer also used "site" instead of "cite". The lit'rucy rate 'round Nashville maht cud be lackin'.
Watch it blasphemer! I'm a Nashvillian.:eek::o

NJCardFan
12-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I saw a billboard with this on it in my town as well. Guess I need to reshuffle my calender then.

Adam Wood
12-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Weird. Never seen a one of these around here. Sounds like it's going to fuck up my Memorial Day Weekend plans next year, though.

Big Guy
12-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I guess I'll have to take a vacation day for May 21st. I don't live in Nashville, but I do work there.

Big Guy
12-12-2010, 11:09 PM

Da peeeple in nashville git plenti uf gut lernin, tey lern tu cifer numbrs an leter reel gut afor dey can gradiat frum hi skol. :D

Adam Wood
12-12-2010, 11:14 PM
I guess I'll have to take a vacation day for May 21st. I don't live in Nashville, but I do work there.Daily commuter on 24, eh? Good luck in the morning. Two cars piled up in the ditch in front of my house. I'm betting 24 looks like a war zone around Joelton by now.

Kay
12-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm still betting on the Myans; 12-21-12

Big Guy
12-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Daily commuter on 24, eh? Good luck in the morning. Two cars piled up in the ditch in front of my house. I'm betting 24 looks like a war zone around Joelton by now.

I used to take 24 but there are too many wrecks. I take Clarksville Highway, not so much traffic. Joelton around exit 31(Bubba's) is usually like a war zone in the rain, with snow it worse.

Adam Wood
12-12-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm still betting on the Myans; 12-21-12
HOORAY!!!! It's after election day!

At least we can go out on a happy note....

Adam Wood
12-12-2010, 11:23 PM
I used to take 24 but there are too many wrecks. I take Clarksville Highway, not so much traffic. Joelton around exit 31(Bubba's) is usually like a war zone in the rain, with snow it worse.Yeah, that downhill run into Ashland City should be interesting in the morning.

I'm planning on leaving for the office at 6:00. Beat the loonies.

Big Guy
12-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah, that downhill run into Ashland City should be interesting in the morning.

I'm planning on leaving for the office at 6:00. Beat the loonies.

Good luck, I'm off for the next couple days so I won't have to deal with it this time. I think I'll go to Walmart and watch everyone buy up all the milk and bread. Did you know that milk and bread will protect you from snow? :D

Adam Wood
12-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Good luck, I'm off for the next couple days so I won't have to deal with it this time. I think I'll go to Walmart and watch everyone buy up all the milk and bread. Did you know that milk and bread will protect you from snow? :DMilk, bread, and beer, and I can survive any snowstorm!

AmPat
12-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Good luck, I'm off for the next couple days so I won't have to deal with it this time. I think I'll go to Walmart and watch everyone buy up all the milk and bread. Did you know that milk and bread will protect you from snow? :D

I never understood this last minute rush, the snow lasts what, 3 days? I suggest a big pot of chili. No mik or bread required.