PDA

View Full Version : Do not rest this weekend.

SarasotaRepub
12-11-2010, 08:05 AM
:rolleyes: This sounds like a job for...DU ACTIVIST CORPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9751596)

MadHound (1000+ posts) Sat Dec-11-10 07:41 AM
Original message Do not rest this weekend.

If we want to stop this pathetic excuse for a deal on the tax cuts, we cannot rest this weekend. I know many of you put forth great amounts of effort and work on this,contacting the White House, and more importantly contacting your Congresspeople.

But we can't afford to let up now. As the great Bernie Sanders mentioned yesterday, we can change this, we just have to show our leaders in Congress how important it is to us to get a better deal.

If you have contacted your reps, great, contact them again. If you haven't, now is the time. And once you are done contacting them once, do it again. Make your voice heard. Get ahold of friends, family, get them to start burning up the wires to Washington. Write LTTE's, if you are fortunate to live in a city where your Congressperson has an office, pay a personal visit to register your displeasure with Obama's deal.

We have justice, morality, and momentum on our side. Obama and his Republican cronies thought that they could stun the left and slide this through. The House is holding strong for a better deal though, and the Senate is in flux. But it up to us to have our leaders' backs on this.

Therefore just because it is the weekend doesn't mean we can take a break. Flood DC with messages and make it perfectly clear that we want a better deal, a much better deal.

This is how democracy works, so let's work the system. Thanks.

Do they even have that thing anymore or did it fall like a brick headed for Pitt??? :confused::D

Constitutionally Speaking
12-11-2010, 09:30 AM
PLEASE!!!!! Keep undermining this agreement!!

It will serve two purposes:

First it will show just which side of the aisle is unreasonable and

second, it will doom this bill's chance of success - and lay the foundation for a much better plan.

I (sort of) hope that the Dems tie it up well into the next congress and the damage of raising taxes will become obvious to all. It would be an expensive lesson, but one that we MUST learn.

Dan D. Doty
12-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Moonbats are idiots and hypocrits.

If they really wanted " fair taxes " for everyone, they would be asking for a flate tax with no deductions.

But no; they want to punish people for being successful.

Speedy
12-11-2010, 02:58 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/poli.jpg

Madisonian
12-11-2010, 07:26 PM
PLEASE!!!!! Keep undermining this agreement!!

It will serve two purposes:

First it will show just which side of the aisle is unreasonable and

second, it will doom this bill's chance of success - and lay the foundation for a much better plan.

I (sort of) hope that the Dems tie it up well into the next congress and the damage of raising taxes will become obvious to all. It would be an expensive lesson, but one that we MUST learn.

The enemy (Duhmocrats) of my enemy (this toxic waste of a bill) is my friend?

As I have stated in other threads, it is my sincerely hope this bill goes down in flames, whatever the cause.

Why is Boehner and the rest of the entrenched republican power structure so adamant that this get passed? The only reason that makes sense to me is that they do not want the new kids on the block to come in and propose and pass a bill that might actually do something constructive and shake up the long established bi-partisan cronyism.

I can about imagine the conversation...
BO: Hey John, thanks for coming. You know we got to do something about this tax bill nonsense, wouldn't you agree?
JB: You're right there Barry. We got a real problem coming up with these new guys.
BO: Tell you what. I'll go along with the rate extension, but I need something for our side.
NaziPelosi: Ah, the American people...
JB & BO: Shut the hell up, this is all your fault!!!
NP: Sorry. Anyone got some botox?
BO: How's this. We add some ethanol subsides, extend unemployment for another 13 months.
JB: I'll throw in upping the death tax, but you got to say it was your idea.
NP: Fellas...
JB & BO: SHUT UP!!!
NP: Just wanted to know if I could get you some coffee.
BO: That will be Dingy Harry's new job, the racist fuck stick.
JB: That should about wrap it up. We can't let these new guys come in and get the credit for the extension. They might start to think they could actually get something done and worse yet, they might actually do it.
BO: I agree, we can't let that happen. That could lead to a recovery that we cannot claim to create.
JB: And the American people might think they don't need us as much as we make them believe. What would we do then?
BO: Right. I can't go back to that community organizing crap again. Those people are all losers.
JB: There is always lobbying and book tours. Working out good for Bill with both his books and shilling for the Saudi's.
BO: So we agree. You get the extensions, I get the pork and handouts and the new guys get screwed.
JB: Sounds like a plan. Good night Barry.
BO: Night John. Harry! Where is my god damn coffee!

Wei Wu Wei
12-11-2010, 07:42 PM
The enemy (Duhmocrats) of my enemy (this toxic waste of a bill) is my friend?

As I have stated in other threads, it is my sincerely hope this bill goes down in flames, whatever the cause.

Me too.

Why is Boehner and the rest of the entrenched republican power structure so adamant that this get passed? The only reason that makes sense to me is that they do not want the new kids on the block to come in and propose and pass a bill that might actually do something constructive and shake up the long established bi-partisan cronyism.

lol no they want it because disproportionately benefits the wealthy and adds to the deficit so that future generations of working Americans will have to pay for it by giving up social security or medicare

This is the Republican agenda they are extremely consistent about it.

NJCardFan
12-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Me too.

lol no they want it because disproportionately benefits the wealthy and adds to the deficit so that future generations of working Americans will have to pay for it by giving up social security or medicare

Um, no. Social Security and Medicare are going to go down because the government a)didn't leave that money alone and b)because they are giving these benefits to people who never paid dime one into the system, illegal immigrants for starters.

Adam Wood
12-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Um, no. Social Security and Medicare are going to go down because the government a)didn't leave that money alone and b)because they are giving these benefits to people who never paid dime one into the system, illegal immigrants for starters.Not to mention the simple fact that Social Security is nothing but a Ponzi scheme and was never sustainable in the first place.

Zathras
12-12-2010, 01:19 PM
More class warfare bullshit due to jealousy of those who have more than he does.

Fixed

Dan D. Doty
12-12-2010, 02:13 PM
I see it now.

Half a dozen DUers standing out in the cold & snow, waiving signs , chanting " BIGGER GOVERNMENT!! ! MORE TAXES !! ! BIGGER GOVERNMENT!!! MORE TAXES !!! ".

m00
12-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I had a pretty good rest this weekend.

m00
12-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Anti-DUer TODO List:

1) Have a giant carbon footprint
2) Report some illegal aliens
3) Criticize Islam
4) Eat meat that comes from cute animals
5) Take wealth that I earned, and buy stuff for me...
6) Walk by bums that ask me for change, and tell them I dont have any change, when I know full well that I have change! muahaha!

SarasotaRepub
12-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Anti-DUer TODO List:

3) Criticize Islam
6) Walk by bums that ask me for change, and tell them I dont have any change, when I know full well that I have change! muahaha!

Very eeeevil m00. :D

ralph wiggum
12-13-2010, 09:17 AM
I had a pretty good rest this weekend.

Me too. I didn't leave the house from 1 am Saturday morning until I got to work this morning.

I bet the DUmmies were just as productive as I was. :D

Wei Wu Wei
12-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Anti-DUer TODO List:

3) Criticize Islam

The funny thing is that people actually do this, believing they are "sticking it" to someone, somewhere, out there.

Speedy
12-13-2010, 02:29 PM
The funny thing is that people actually do this, believing they are "sticking it" to someone, somewhere, out there.

Just as stupid as the idiots that buy "Green cars" and insist on "green" products thinking that they are actually making a difference.

AmPat
12-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Me too.

If I interpret this correctly, you:
1. Assume the GOP is the sole party of the rich and exists only to benefit them? ( Who knew Gore and Soros were closet Republicans)?
2. The GOP is the sole party that exists to add to the deficit. ( That whole Barry Soeteros era sure screws that meme, doesn't it)?
3. The SS and Medicare are the only programs that will be hit by this. ( I say good. These programs need to start reducing to zero. Federal gov't should not be in the welfare or medical insurance field anyway).

m00
12-13-2010, 09:18 PM

I don't buy stuff for me because I'm sticking it to someone. I buy stuff for me because I want to. I don't leave a big carbon footprint to stick it to someone, I leave a big carbon footprint because personal efforts in this area are absolutely useless and I'm not going to inconvenience myself for environmental theater. I don't criticize Islam because I'm sticking it to someone...