PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Madoff son 'found hanged in New York'

bijou
12-11-2010, 10:15 AM
One of convicted US fraudster Bernard Madoff's sons has been found dead in New York in an apparent suicide, media reports say.

Mark Madoff, 46, was found hanged in his Manhattan apartment, a law enforcement official told AP.

Mark Madoff and his brother Andrew were being investigated in the case that saw their father jailed....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11976801

linda22003
12-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Looks like we're all just overwhelmed with sorrow at the news. :cool:

Calypso Jones
12-11-2010, 05:14 PM
People just hate this family. The parents involved their children in the lawbreaking which culminated in the final destruction of the entire family's finances. Parent went to jail.

Too bad they were**n't** illegal aliens. Those kids are exonerated of any offense commited by their parents. We give them education, citizenship without requirement and make their lives easier.

megimoo
12-11-2010, 05:39 PM
He took the easy way out,just as Picower did ....

."Mark Madoff was also being sued for failing to protect investor assets.He had been accused in one lawsuit of using $66m in improperly received funds to buy luxury homes.A friend and associate of Bernard Madoff, Jeffry Picower, who was also being sued, was found dead in a swimming pool at his Florida home in October, although the case remains unresolved."

NEW YORK – The eldest son of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff hanged himself by a dog leash in his apartment Saturday after two years of "unrelenting pressure

hampshirebrit
12-11-2010, 06:52 PM

Well, I wouldn't want a self-adminstered short-drop hanging to mark my departure from this vale of tears, I will say that much.

He probably had a good twenty minutes or so to rethink the choice, while completely lacking any means to undo it.

I do feel extremely sorry for anyone who choses to check out this way.

Rockntractor
12-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Maybe the son was innocent of any crimes, who knows, just sayin. The pressure on him was severe, innocent or guilty, if he was guilty good riddance, but there was no trial and I'm not ready to convict him for what his father did.

linda22003
12-12-2010, 06:48 AM
People just hate this family. The parents involved their children in the lawbreaking which culminated in the final destruction of the entire family's finances. Parent went to jail.

Too bad they were illegal aliens.

The Madoffs were illegal aliens?!?!

Calypso Jones
12-12-2010, 08:24 AM

:D not hardly. But do you see the double standard? When it is okay to hold the 'kids' responsible for the dad's lawbreaking? hmmm? illegal aliens are not held to that standard.

Rockntractor
12-12-2010, 08:49 AM

It's kind of early in the morning isn't it Linda?:D

Odysseus
12-12-2010, 12:01 PM
He took the easy way out,just as Picower did ....

."Mark Madoff was also being sued for failing to protect investor assets.He had been accused in one lawsuit of using $66m in improperly received funds to buy luxury homes.A friend and associate of Bernard Madoff, Jeffry Picower, who was also being sued, was found dead in a swimming pool at his Florida home in October, although the case remains unresolved."

NEW YORK The eldest son of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff hanged himself by a dog leash in his apartment Saturday after two years of "unrelenting pressure

A dog leash? How appropriate...

linda22003
12-13-2010, 07:55 AM
It's kind of early in the morning isn't it Linda?:D

He/she said, "Too bad they were illegal aliens". "They" modifies "Madoffs".

Bubba Dawg
12-13-2010, 08:01 AM
"Buy the ticket. Take the ride."

Gingersnap
12-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Maybe the son was innocent of any crimes, who knows, just sayin. The pressure on him was severe, innocent or guilty, if he was guilty good riddance, but there was no trial and I'm not ready to convict him for what his father did.

No kidding. One of the guy's little kids was in the apartment at the time. :(

linda22003
12-13-2010, 11:06 AM

If he didn't care, why should you? :cool:

djones520
12-13-2010, 11:08 AM

Because most humans are capable of feeling things like sympathy?

Gingersnap
12-13-2010, 11:15 AM

I'm sure he did care but that was probably the only time there were no adults around who would have rescued him. :(

linda22003
12-13-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm sure he did care but that was probably the only time there were no adults around who would have rescued him. :(

Assuming they would have.

AmPat
12-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Assuming they would have.
Perhaps he had "assistance?"

lacarnut
12-13-2010, 05:57 PM

Good Lord #'s. He left out the word not. "Good thing they were (not) illegal aliens." Are you really that dense?

Hawkgirl
12-13-2010, 06:54 PM
I guess he died of embarrassment.

lacarnut
12-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I guess he died of embarrassment.

Dirty/crooked money will do that to you.

Calypso Jones
12-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Dirty/crooked money will do that to you.

really? if that were the case then we'd be having mass funerals for US senators and representatives. Not that that would be a bad thing. just saying

lacarnut
12-13-2010, 07:59 PM
really? if that were the case then we'd be having mass funerals for US senators and representatives. Not that that would be a bad thing. just saying

I forgot my sarcastic smiley.

Kay
12-13-2010, 08:43 PM

Yeah that's the worst part and why I feel ZERO sympathy for the guy. They are reporting now that no one, not even one relative, has come forth to claim the body yet. I read somewhere that his wife was with the other kid at Disney World in Fl, when she got a text or email one from him saying simply "you need to have someone check on our son", which son was only 2 yrs old. The wife then called her father to go over and check, and so that's how the father-in-law found him.

How could someone be so selfish - bad enough killing yourself and not caring how that is going to affect your kids. But to do it where your 2 yr old might wake up in a house all alone and find your body hanging from the ceiling dead like that ..... the guy deserves to be dead. Thank goodness the father-in-law got there before the baby woke up. Very bad form.

Odysseus
12-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Yeah that's the worst part and why I feel ZERO sympathy for the guy. They are reporting now that no one, not even one relative, has come forth to claim the body yet. I read somewhere that his wife was with the other kid at Disney World in Fl, when she got a text or email one from him saying simply "you need to have someone check on our son", which son was only 2 yrs old. The wife then called her father to go over and check, and so that's how the father-in-law found him.

How could someone be so selfish - bad enough killing yourself and not caring how that is going to affect your kids. But to do it where your 2 yr old might wake up in a house all alone and find your body hanging from the ceiling dead like that ..... the guy deserves to be dead. Thank goodness the father-in-law got there before the baby woke up. Very bad form.

I feel zero sympathy for him because of the people who will be living off of Social Security and Obamacare instead of their own savings, thanks to this greedy, despicable, dishonorable piece of garbage.

Hope he enjoys the Eighth Circle.

Starbuck
12-14-2010, 10:52 AM
I feel zero sympathy for him because of the people who will be living off of Social Security and Obamacare instead of their own savings, thanks to this greedy, despicable, dishonorable piece of garbage.

Hope he enjoys the Eighth Circle.

I would join you in your excoriation of the Madoffs, but I am not sure Mark was guilty. After all, it was he and his brother who called the authorities.

On Dec. 10, 2008, Bernard Madoff confessed to his sons about a Ponzi scheme "of epic proportions." Mark and Andrew contacted federal authorities within hours of learning of their father's betrayal of their trust, the filing said.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/madoff_sons_seek_to_have_charges_rrgSgtEaSYfxhAC8j 7aWLK

Odysseus
12-14-2010, 11:13 AM
I would join you in your excoriation of the Madoffs, but I am not sure Mark was guilty. After all, it was he and his brother who called the authorities.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/madoff_sons_seek_to_have_charges_rrgSgtEaSYfxhAC8j 7aWLK

In that case, I stand corrected. Thank you.

Calypso Jones
12-14-2010, 03:06 PM
The people who entrusted their money to Madoff knew exactly what they were getting into. And don't try to tell me otherwise. Planned Parenthood had some skin in this deal as well as ACLU. :D

linda22003
12-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Good Lord #'s. He left out the word not. "Good thing they were (not) illegal aliens." Are you really that dense?

I think people should say what they mean; the entire meaning of the statement changes otherwise. They might consider proofreading their posts.

lacarnut
12-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I think people should say what they mean; the entire meaning of the statement changes otherwise. They might consider proofreading their posts.

We are not perfect like you.

Calypso Jones
12-14-2010, 07:59 PM

are you so unaware that you think Calypso is a masculine name?:)