PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: Snowy Weather

Bubba Dawg
12-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Snow on The Mountain. Temp is up to 34 now but more snow coming and the temps are to "plummet" whatever that means. It will probably be very windy so we may lose power.

Been busy this morning. Church cancelled. Getting ready for the weather.

TOTD: What web browser or browsers do you favor?

djones520
12-12-2010, 12:16 PM
TOTD: Internet Explorer. Just the easiest to go with, and gets the job done.

Apache
12-12-2010, 12:31 PM
21 here and snowing, 2-4 inches expected....

TOTD: IE, it works for what I need....

PoliCon
12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
TOTD: Firefox. No ads and no java unless I say so.

Bubba Dawg
12-12-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm running IE right now. I've had Firefox and it was good, but I just pefer IE right now.

Apache
12-12-2010, 12:37 PM
TOTD: Firefox. No ads and no java unless I say so.

http://www.driko.org/blogicons/mig-31_firefox.jpg

Wei Wu Wei
12-12-2010, 12:44 PM
It almost never drops below 30 degrees here, a few times a year. people are still wearing tshirts and shorts outside

Apache
12-12-2010, 01:06 PM
It almost never drops below 30 degrees here, a few times a year. people are still wearing tshirts and shorts outside

I used to be able to brag about that...;)

Kay
12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I mainly use and prefer IE. But I recently switched my personal email address over to a gmail one. I have found that a lot of features don't work well with IE so I got the google Chrome browser and use it only for checking gmail email. I'm kind of liking it.

Big Guy
12-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Snow, windy and about 18 degrees today.

I use both IE and Google Chrome.

Kay
12-12-2010, 04:15 PM
I use both IE and Google Chrome.

One of the main reasons I've stuck with IE, is that you can increase the size of the screen print, which helps for old eyes like mine. After I finally figured out how to do that in Chrome too, I'm kind of liking the Chrome just as well. I'm still using both for now, but prefer to keep it simple and just have one. So I may switch over to Chrome completely if I keep having good luck with it.

Rockntractor
12-12-2010, 04:18 PM
One of the main reasons I've stuck with IE, is that you can increase the size of the screen print, which helps for old eyes like mine. After I finally figured out how to do that in Chrome too, I'm kind of liking the Chrome just as well. I'm still using both for now, but prefer to keep it simple and just have one. So I may switch over to Chrome completely if I keep having good luck with it.

Try Opera before you make a decision.
http://www.opera.com/browser/download/

Big Guy
12-12-2010, 04:26 PM

I still use IE because I have had difficulty watching some videos with Google Chrome. I like Google Chrome mostly because of the spell check, I have "Fat Fingers".

PoliCon
12-12-2010, 06:23 PM

all you need to do is hold down the control button and scroll your mouse wheel and it will make things bigger or smaller.

Kay
12-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Oh that is right! Thanks Poli, I had forgotten that trick.
I just tried it in both IE and Chrome and it works for both.
That helps a lot.

PoliCon
12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh that is right! Thanks Poli, I had forgotten that trick.
I just tried it in both IE and Chrome and it works for both.
That helps a lot.

It also works with the + and - on the number pad if you don't have wheel on your mouse.

Apache
12-12-2010, 06:53 PM
HEHEHEH... the owner is in for it now......:D

NJCardFan
12-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Rainy day today and going to get a little colder.

TOTD: I generally use Chrome. It's faster than Firefox by a longshot. I only use firefox for stuff I can't use on Chrome. I haven't used IE in quite sometime.