PDA

View Full Version : "‘Legal’ Open Carry Could Get You Arrested—or Killed !"

megimoo
12-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Despite the practice being “lawful” in many states (not to mention being a fundamental right), gun owners who openly carry firearms often place themselves in legal and physical jeopardy from police reactions.

Because official ignorance endangers open carriers, as one in Willowick, Ohio, found out when, per Ohioans for Concealed Carry, he "was ordered to his knees at gunpoint by several police officers." And the chilling account they relate includes no small amount of disrespect by the enforcers, including blasphemies directed at the detainee.

And then there was this bit of telling attitude for a right articulated in the Constitution all officers have sworn to uphold:

Also disturbing was a statement an East Palo Alto Police detective made on his Facebook page, laughing because most Californians can't get concealed carry permits, and must open carry (with unloaded guns) to remain "legal."

"Should've pulled the AR out and prone them all out!" he wrote. "And if one of them makes a furtive movement... two weeks off!!"

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/legal-open-carry-could-get-you-arrested-or-worse

Jfor
12-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Here in Alabama, open carry is legal. When I worked for the local PD, I got a call of a man with a gun. I responded and he was open carrying. My SGT also responded and told me to go and talk to the guy. I asked my SGT why and he said because he has a gun. I told my SGT open carry was legal in Alabama and he was opening the department to a lawsuit. Sgt didn't like that but he called an ADA. The ADA confirmed that the State AG also wrote that open was legal according to state law. Needless to say, I was on the SGT's shit list for a couple of weeks because of that.

Apache
12-13-2010, 02:55 PM
The Second Amendment isn't taught anymore, that's the only reason why we are even talking about this...