PDA

View Full Version : The Nobel Prize Winner Who Discovered his Sister was Really his Mother

megimoo
12-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Revealed: The Nobel Prize Winner Who Discovered his Sister was Really his Mother

All his life, Professor Sir Paul Nurse has known that he was different from the rest of his family. It wasnít only that he had been born so much later than his three siblings, or that he alone excelled academically. From the earliest age, his fascination with science was a defining characteristic, one neither his father, a mechanic at the Heinz food factory in Neasden, North-West London, nor his mother, a part-time cleaner, shared.

Wandering through the park as a child he would notice that the leaves were larger on plants growing in the shade. When Sputnik 2 was launched into orbit in 1957, he stood transfixed in the garden of the family home, watching the Soviet Unionís second satellite make its journey across the sky. As he grew older, he often wondered where his passion for trying to make sense of the world around him could have come from.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1337908/Revealed-The-Nobel-Prize-winner-discovered-sister-really-mother.html

noonwitch
12-13-2010, 09:27 AM
This case disproves Chris Rock's theory:

"If you grow up calling your grandparents "mom and dad" and your mom "Pam", you are going to prison".

Starbuck
12-13-2010, 09:58 AM
That happened in my family's past.
There is a great Uncle who was raised under identical circumstances. His "sister" confessed to him before she died.
I know of at least two other cases, too. I suspect there are many, many more.
And if the wild-eyed liberals have there way, they'll claim it is happening in the Palin family.

You ought to see what that does to a family tree.....there's that one branch just sort of sticking out there all alone.:)

noonwitch
12-13-2010, 11:44 AM
That happened in my family's past.
There is a great Uncle who was raised under identical circumstances. His "sister" confessed to him before she died.
I know of at least two other cases, too. I suspect there are many, many more.
And if the wild-eyed liberals have there way, they'll claim it is happening in the Palin family.

You ought to see what that does to a family tree.....there's that one branch just sort of sticking out there all alone.:)

They already have, at least on DU. That's kind of when I stopped posting there. I tried to point out that unfortunately, there is some pretty good evidence that supports the youngest Palin child as being that of a 40 something mother and not of a 17 year old mother. That is that the child has Down's Syndrome, which is a condition far more likely to be present in a child born of an older mother.

It's not impossible for a young mother to give birth to a child with Down's, but it is far liklier for an older mother to do so.