PDA

View Full Version : Obama and McCain

nightflight
06-06-2008, 02:52 AM
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2008/06/05/obama_and_mccain

Now that the two parties have finally selected their presidential candidates, it is time for a sober-- if not grim-- assessment of where we are.

Not since 1972 have we been presented with two such painfully inadequate candidates. When election day came that year, I could not bring myself to vote for either George McGovern or Richard Nixon. I stayed home.

patriot45
06-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm glad I checked, I was going to bring that article over. Sowell really gets to the heart of the matter, and that is a sobering column. It should be a clear choice, you have to take bad over worse.

AlmostThere
06-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm watching Hillary's concession speech as I type. If anyone else is watching this, did I hear correctly? Hillary: "I've served with Barack in the Senate the last 4 years." Talk about fuzzy math.

CLibertarian
06-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm watching Hillary's concession speech as I type. If anyone else is watching this, did I hear correctly? Hillary: "I've served with Barack in the Senate the last 4 years." Talk about fuzzy math.

They've both been campaigning for the last two years with only an occassional appearance in the Senate.

lacarnut
06-07-2008, 03:02 PM

When did factual information ever resemble the truth with a Democrap?

AlmostThere
06-09-2008, 03:03 PM
When did factual information ever resemble the truth with a Democrap?

Yea, but Obama hasn't been in the Senate 4 years, (sworn in 1/05). I guess this is one of those "we landed under sniper fire" moments. :rolleyes: