PDA

View Full Version : 19 Unusual Gifts Nobody Wants

bijou
12-13-2010, 02:45 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sh/bad-dog-mustache-1110-de.jpg

$10, uncommongoods.com

Much like photographing infants decorated with fake leaves in flowerpots, the dog moustache is just plain cruel. But hey, this type of torture only costs $10 those photos of babies in flowerpots are way pricier.

See the other 18 here (http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/473/19-unusual-gifts-nobody-wants/)

The anti-aging mask is just plain scary. :eek:

Gingersnap
12-13-2010, 02:50 PM
I actually own the banana thing - involuntarily, I might add. I never eat bananas (or most fruit) but Mr. Snaps does and he stores partially consumed bananas in one for munching several hours later.

bijou
12-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I actually own the banana thing - involuntarily, I might add. I never eat bananas (or most fruit) but Mr. Snaps does and he stores partially consumed bananas in one for munching several hours later.

I was going to buy one the other week. It was in a shop where nothing costs over 99p, I am so careful with money that I thought no I don't really need one. I don't tend to eat bananas on the move.

Articulate_Ape
12-13-2010, 02:56 PM

How can he not eat a whole banana?

bijou
12-13-2010, 02:59 PM

Perhaps they have giant mutant bananas in Colorado.

Articulate_Ape
12-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Perhaps they have giant mutant bananas in Colorado.

That or Mr. Snaps makes our resident midget look like Poli Bunyan.

Gingersnap
12-13-2010, 03:08 PM

He can eat a whole banana but not two whole bananas so the unused half gets a stay of execution for a few hours. Or sometimes he adds half a banana plus a lot of berries to cereal. It's some kind of cereal-eater/fruit-in-cereal issue. I don't eat breakfast cereals either so this is not my area of expertise.

Articulate_Ape
12-13-2010, 03:18 PM
He can eat a whole banana but not two whole bananas so the unused half gets a stay of execution for a few hours. Or sometimes he adds half a banana plus a lot of berries to cereal. It's some kind of cereal-eater/fruit-in-cereal issue. I don't eat breakfast cereals either so this is not my area of expertise.

What the hell DO you eat, Ginger?

NJCardFan
12-13-2010, 03:41 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sh/lifegem-lg.jpg You can't go wrong with diamonds unless those diamonds are a by-product of recently deceased Fluffy's remains. Life Gem cremates departed pets, using the carbon to create a unique gem with a creepy backstory.

Eww.

Gingersnap
12-13-2010, 03:49 PM
What the hell DO you eat, Ginger?

For breakfast I eat homemade muesli and yogurt or I have eggs and some diced veggies or leftover fish. I don't have a sweet tooth to begin with so sweet cereal and sweet fruit first thing in the morning is just too much. Besides, who knows what's in boxed cow food? :eek:

I don't really have any problems eating leftover dinner for breakfast when it comes right down to it.

Articulate_Ape
12-13-2010, 04:16 PM
For breakfast I eat homemade muesli and yogurt or I have eggs and some diced veggies or leftover fish. I don't have a sweet tooth to begin with so sweet cereal and sweet fruit first thing in the morning is just too much. Besides, who knows what's in boxed cow food? :eek:

I don't really have any problems eating leftover dinner for breakfast when it comes right down to it.

You are never going to become part of the hive if you keep that sort of nonsense up.

Gingersnap
12-13-2010, 04:32 PM
You are never going to become part of the hive if you keep that sort of nonsense up.

So they tell me - through their corn flake-rotted teeth and bloated oat meal-smeared lips. :)

NJCardFan
12-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Can someone tell me why I picture this when I picture Ginger:
http://dallasvintageshop.com/wp-content/uploads/Image/hippie_girl.jpg

Jumpy
12-13-2010, 05:50 PM

I love fish for breakfast... have some salmon I have been munching on for a few mornings now. My son lived in Sweden for a year, and he loved the fish for bfast... cheeses, crusty breads.

Articulate_Ape
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
I have to agree. Salmon is excellent, but my favorite is pan-fried trout.

Gingersnap
12-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I have to agree. Salmon is excellent, but my favorite is pan-fried trout.

I grew up eating pan-fried trout for breakfast and I still eat it a lot (I fish and I have a freezer full of fish).

I saw that pic NJCardFan posted.

I have never worn a headband in my entire life. :mad:

Rockntractor
12-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Can someone tell me why I picture this when I picture Ginger:
http://dallasvintageshop.com/wp-content/uploads/Image/hippie_girl.jpg

Ginger has red fingernails.:rolleyes:

m00
12-13-2010, 09:50 PM

Haha! I own one of these too. Take bananas in to work for lunch/snack, and not have it get mashed in my bag.

noonwitch
12-14-2010, 02:53 PM
The anti-aging maskn looks like something a horror movie serial killer would wear, just before he kills you.

bijou
12-14-2010, 03:02 PM
The anti-aging maskn looks like something a horror movie serial killer would wear, just before he kills you.

You would have the comfort of knowing that you had been killed by someone with an unblemished and youthful complexion though. ;)