PDA

View Full Version : dare I say?

Bailey
12-14-2010, 06:30 AM
The phills have the best rotation EVER in the history of baseball.

Phills sigh cliff Lee for 50 mil less then the spanks offered :)

Bailey
12-14-2010, 06:37 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Phills release their entire relief pitching staff as they are not needed with hailday,oswalt,hamles and now Lee are on the team. :D

NJCardFan
12-14-2010, 11:02 AM
This is the best pitching staff assembled since the Braves had Maddux, Avery, Smoltz, and Glavine. But this staff is crazy. If this team stays healthy and can find their swing, they will be unbeatable. They can put my 45 year old fat and out of shape body in right field and still win 100 games.

ralph wiggum
12-14-2010, 11:06 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
12-14-2010, 11:07 AM
We shall see how everything fleshes out. Hamels & Lee both have had a history of injuries. Halladay/Lee & Oswalt are all on the wrong side of 30. Which isn't all bad, I'm just saying that things may not turn out as expected. Every contending team has at least one gaping hole. That's why they play the games on the field and not on paper. :cool:

Bailey
12-14-2010, 11:11 AM
We shall see how everything fleshes out. Hamels & Lee both have had a history of injuries. Halladay/Lee & Oswalt are all on the wrong side of 30. Which isn't all bad, I'm just saying that things may not turn out as expected. Every contending team has at least one gaping hole. That's why they play the games on the field and not on paper. :cool:

Jealousy doesn't become you...

Rebel Yell
12-14-2010, 11:13 AM
This is the best pitching staff assembled since the Braves had Maddux, Avery, Smoltz, and Glavine. But this staff is crazy. If this team stays healthy and can find their swing, they will be unbeatable. They can put my 45 year old fat and out of shape body in right field and still win 100 games.

Didn't you call them "unbeatable" this year?

Bailey
12-14-2010, 11:17 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You do know our 4 pitcher was the MVP of the ws in 08?

Like I said on fb, barring injuries and if they just have normal seasons (well normal for them) this team can win 100+ games. Now all they have to do to clinch a ws win is get howards head out of his ass in the playoffs

I love that he said f@$k you to the stinking yanks and i guess Texas ain't so great after all. :D

ralph wiggum
12-14-2010, 12:00 PM
You do know our 4 pitcher was the MVP of the ws in 08?

Like I said on fb, barring injuries and if they just have normal seasons (well normal for them) this team can win 100+ games. Now all they have to do to clinch a ws win is get howards head out of his ass in the playoffs

I love that he said f@$k you to the stinking yanks and i guess Texas ain't so great after all. :D

One series does not make a career make.

From an ESPN Insider column, so no link:

But even with the somewhat remarkable acquisition, there are some less promising realities to consider. Mostly on offense.

Given his contract situation, Philly could look to move Hamels for a right-handed hitter for the middle of its lineup, as losing Jayson Werth takes away most of the gain from reacquiring Lee and leaves the Phillies very left-handed. Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, Placido Polanco and Raul Ibanez are on the wrong side of 30 and more likely to decline and/or get hurt than to improve. Rollins often has been hurt in the midst of a four-year free fall, Utley has fought injuries, and Howard and Ibanez are just declining. Domonic Brown is an outstanding prospect but won't match Werth's production, and Brown is also left-handed. Ruben Amaro Jr. has put together an enviable rotation, to say the least. However, the Phils are oddly unbalanced now and it's strange (but not bad) to see them commit this money to Lee with an old, injury-prone lineup staring them in the face.

Bailey
12-14-2010, 01:30 PM
One series does not make a career make.

From an ESPN Insider column, so no link:

I know it sucks being a Yankee fan and being told to fuck off but please try to get a grip. If what you said is true the phills wouldn't trade blanton to the red soxs(which is going to happen)

Take your shit to Las Vegas, the Phil's went from 6 to 1 favorites to 7 to 2 odds on winning the WS.

Zathras
12-14-2010, 01:37 PM

Phills sigh cliff Lee for 50 mil less then the spanks offered :)

Yawn....you mean the same Cliff Lee the Giants beat, not once, but twice in the World Series? And that Phillies Pitching staff the Giants beat up on in the playoffs?

Best? RIIIIIIIIGHT.

Bailey
12-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Yawn....you mean the same Cliff Lee the Giants beat, not once, but twice in the World Series? And that Phillies Pitching staff the Giants beat up on in the playoffs?

Best? RIIIIIIIIGHT.

Our bats not our pitching cost us that series, btw you ain't going to have another cosell (whatever that douches name is)no way that scrub will get hot again.

ralph wiggum
12-14-2010, 02:03 PM
I know it sucks being a Yankee fan and being told to fuck off but please try to get a grip. If what you said is true the phills wouldn't trade blanton to the red soxs(which is going to happen)

Take your shit to Las Vegas, the Phil's went from 6 to 1 favorites to 7 to 2 odds on winning the WS.

I'm not even close to being a Yankees fan. I just don't buy into the entire premise that the Phillies are that good. Yes, Halladay & Lee are excellent. Lots of crazy shit happens during a 162 game season and then the playoffs.

Bailey
12-14-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm not even close to being a Yankees fan. I just don't buy into the entire premise that the Phillies are that good. Yes, Halladay & Lee are excellent. Lots of crazy shit happens during a 162 game season and then the playoffs.

Yes I know how long a season and injuries hence my disquaifier. You must be a fan of some team in the nl east cause there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth. :D

If I recall you're a braves fan, now your concern (fear) is understood.

NJCardFan
12-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Didn't you call them "unbeatable" this year?

And if you remember, I said that the only team that can beat the Phillies were the Phillies and that's exactly what happened.

Wow, jealous much? Halladay may be 33 but how many 33 year olds threw 2 no hitters in the same season? Oh, that's right. None. Oswalt is also only 33. Hamels is only 26 and getting better and what kind of injury did he go through this past season? Oh, yeah, none. The only problem he had last season was run support. No other pitcher had the lack of run support Hamels had. Including playoffs, he had 20 games where the offense scored 3 or fewer runs for him. That's over half his starts.

Oh, and if Lee was so injury prone, why were the Yankees offering him 7 years for $160 million dollars, guaranteed. This is just sour grapes on you, nothing more.

Zathras
12-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Our bats not our pitching cost us that series, btw you ain't going to have another cosell (whatever that douches name is)no way that scrub will get hot again.

yawn, more hate from a Phillies fan....keep it up. Your anger amuses me.

NJCardFan
12-14-2010, 11:25 PM
yawn, more hate from a Phillies fan....keep it up. Your anger amuses me.

Oh sure, you win your first World Series in 10,000 years now all of a sudden you're King Turd of Mt. Shit. :p Seriously, as good as this pitching staff just became, there are still glaring holes in the bullpen and a big hole in the middle of the lineup after the departure of Werth. And my biggest concern is that this team lost it's ability to hit the damned ball. Ryan Howard is abysmal against left handed pitchers. Rollins hasn't been a good hitter since his MVP year and has made hitting pop-ups an art form. And Utley, I'm not as concerned with him. I believe his problem was he came back too early from his hip surgery and it affected him all season. But when this team is healthy and firing on all cylinders, there is no better team.

Bailey
12-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Oh sure, you win your first World Series in 10,000 years now all of a sudden you're King Turd of Mt. Shit. :p Seriously, as good as this pitching staff just became, there are still glaring holes in the bullpen and a big hole in the middle of the lineup after the departure of Werth. And my biggest concern is that this team lost it's ability to hit the damned ball. Ryan Howard is abysmal against left handed pitchers. Rollins hasn't been a good hitter since his MVP year and has made hitting pop-ups an art form. And Utley, I'm not as concerned with him. I believe his problem was he came back too early from his hip surgery and it affected him all season. But when this team is healthy and firing on all cylinders, there is no better team.

Bullpen shamupen, not going to need to use them much besides lidge looks like he has gotten his head out of his ass. They are prolly going to platoon right field, they have a kid in the minors who is better at defense the werth but not very good with the bat. I'm hoping Howard and Rollins wake the hell uo

NJCardFan
12-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Bullpen shamupen, not going to need to use them much besides lidge looks like he has gotten his head out of his ass. They are prolly going to platoon right field, they have a kid in the minors who is better at defense the werth but not very good with the bat. I'm hoping Howard and Rollins wake the hell uo

Yeah but outside of Madsen, there's nothing else. Durbin is gone. Romero is gone. We still have Contraras but we need more than a 3 man bullpen. Depending on what happens with Blanton(rumor has it he might be traded to Boston), then you might have Kendrick in the bullpen. You need a strong bullpen no matter how strong the starting rotation is because pitchers don't throw 300 innings anymore.

Bailey
12-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah but outside of Madsen, there's nothing else. Durbin is gone. Romero is gone. We still have Contraras but we need more than a 3 man bullpen. Depending on what happens with Blanton(rumor has it he might be traded to Boston), then you might have Kendrick in the bullpen. You need a strong bullpen no matter how strong the starting rotation is because pitchers don't throw 300 innings anymore.

I heard that blanton trade is a done deal, the soxs don't wasn't the spanks to get. On a side note I work up in north Jersey and the Yankee fans are all pissing and moaning :)

NJCardFan
12-15-2010, 02:38 PM
I heard that blanton trade is a done deal, the soxs don't wasn't the spanks to get. On a side note I work up in north Jersey and the Yankee fans are all pissing and moaning :)

By getting rid of Blanton, we free up a ton of cash. For some reason they gave him $8 million a year for 3 years. Speaking of Blanton, can you tell me something he did that hadn't been done in 34 years before he did it?

Bailey
12-15-2010, 04:12 PM
By getting rid of Blanton, we free up a ton of cash. For some reason they gave him $8 million a year for 3 years. Speaking of Blanton, can you tell me something he did that hadn't been done in 34 years before he did it?

No one that I know of, could u picture this pitching line up with the bats we had in 09? I think only decent to good hitting will get us another WS title(baring injuries). Dude hamles is our 4th pitcher if that doesn't he you excited for this season I don't know what will.

NJCardFan
12-15-2010, 07:20 PM
No one that I know of, could u picture this pitching line up with the bats we had in 09? I think only decent to good hitting will get us another WS title(baring injuries). Dude hamles is our 4th pitcher if that doesn't he you excited for this season I don't know what will.

No answer to my trivia question?

Bailey
12-15-2010, 07:50 PM
No answer to my trivia question?

No idea

NJCardFan
12-15-2010, 09:11 PM
No idea

He hit a home run in game 4 of the 2008 World Series. It was the first time a pitcher hit a home run in a World Series game since 1974.

Bailey
12-16-2010, 08:39 AM
He hit a home run in game 4 of the 2008 World Series. It was the first time a pitcher hit a home run in a World Series game since 1974.

Cool thanks, now if Ryan had done that this post season we might have won

NJCardFan
12-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Cool thanks, now if Ryan had done that this post season we might have won

He did it in that particular game. 2 in fact.

Bailey
12-16-2010, 01:33 PM
He did it in that particular game. 2 in fact.

Not so much this year :(

I love when he gets up to bat and points it up to the seats, its like hes telling us where its not going to go. lol

NJCardFan
12-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Not so much this year :(

I love when he gets up to bat and points it up to the seats, its like hes telling us where its not going to go. lol

He actually learned that from Jim Thome.