PDA

View Full Version : Fla. School Official: God Protected Me During Shooting

Gingersnap
12-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Fla. School Official: God Protected Me During Shooting

Published December 15, 2010

| FoxNews.com

http://i52.tinypic.com/j8gu45.jpg

A gunman calmly walked to a podium, spray painted a red "V'' with a circle around it on a wall and opened fire at Panama City school board members Tuesday, sending people scrambling and diving for cover. A security guard soon ran in, exchanged shots with and wounded the man who then killed himself, police said.

The Bay City Schools superintendent who calmly confronted the gunman who threatened to shoot him during the meeting said God protected him when Clay A. Duke opened fire

"It could have been a monumental tragedy," Superintendent Bill Husfelt said late Tuesday, wearing a sweat shirt and pajama bottoms, surrounded by his family. With a Christmas tree as backdrop, he said, "God was standing in front of me and I will go to my grave believing that."

"We could tell by the look in his eyes that this wasn't going to end well," Husfelt said.

Despite several shots being fired, no one else was hit. In video of the clash that lasted several minutes, Duke dispassionately confronts the Bay District school board, telling everyone in the room to leave except the men on the board. Duke, who was wearing a dark pullover coat, stands about eight feet directly in front of the board with the gun at his side.

Officials said Clay A. Duke shot himself to death after exchanging gunfire Tuesday with Bay District's security chief. Witnesses say Duke may have been complaining that his wife had lost her job.

Officials said Clay A. Duke shot himself to death after exchanging gunfire Tuesday with Bay District's security chief. Witnesses say Duke may have been complaining that his wife had lost her job.

Husfelt tries to persuade him to drop the gun. Duke suggests that his wife had been fired from the district, but won't tell Husfelt or the board who she is or her job. Members promise to help her find a new job, but Duke just shakes his head. Husfelt tells Duke he would be responsible for her dismissal, so the board members should be allowed to leave.

"I've got a feeling you want the cops to come in and kill you because you said you are going to die today," Husfelt tells Duke. He then tells him that this isn't worth it.

The 56-year-old slowly and deliberately raises the gun and levels it at Husfelt, who pleads "Please don't, please don't." Duke then fires two shots that miss, followed by several others that didn't hit the half-dozen or so people still left in the room.

Before he started shooting, member Ginger Littleton, who had left the room as ordered, sneaks up behind Duke as he stands next to the long, beige desk where the board was sitting and whacks him on the arm with her large, brown purse made of an alligator-like material.

"In my mind, that was the last attempt or opportunity to divert him," she told The Associated Press.

Duke, a large, heavyset man, got angry, turned around, and she fell to the floor and board members pleaded with her to stop. Duke pointed the gun at her head and said, "You stupid b----" but he didn't shoot her, she said. She's not sure why.

"He had every opportunity to take me out," she said.

After Duke, an ex-convict, fired and missed Husfelt, district security chief and former police officer Mike Jones ran in and shot Duke in the leg or his side.

Duke then fatally shot himself, police Sgt. Jeff Becker said. The video shows a distraught Jones, with his gun at his side, being comforted by colleagues as he says he had never shot anyone before. SWAT officers then storm the room and order everyone onto the ground.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/14/official-gunman-killed-fla-school-meeting/#ixzz18CNHpUWP

wilbur
12-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Huh - so it looks like he sprayed the sign from V for Vendetta....

http://www.bioxd.com/imagenes/v4vendetta_trailer.jpg

Zafod
12-15-2010, 11:44 AM

yup. The movie and comic book all the liberfucktards praised a a bible a few years ago......

Gingersnap
12-15-2010, 11:46 AM
It does look like that but a school board meeting seems like kind of small potatoes for somebody emulating the storyline.

megimoo
12-15-2010, 11:48 AM

http://aviewfrommybalcony.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/v-for-vendetta-logo-wallpaper.jpgCould be the dreaded red V for Venereal diseasel ?Maybe one of them gave him a social disease? After all they all were ,no doubt, claptrap liberals !

PoliCon
12-15-2010, 12:51 PM
yup. The movie and comic book all the liberfucktards praised a a bible a few years ago......

Which is funny because the battle was against a Nanny State where people had had their liberty stripped away . . . . :rolleyes:

ANYHOW - more proof that Floridians are mentally unstable. :p

Zafod
12-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Which is funny because the battle was against a Nanny State where people had had their liberty stripped away . . . . :rolleyes:

ANYHOW - more proof that Floridians are mentally unstable. :p

[DUMP MODE ON]

but but but but....thats what BUSHCO was doing to us!!!! The patriot act!!!!!111!!!1!!!111!!!!one one one!!!!
[DUMP MODE OFF]

I remember being in the theater having this exchange.

(50s somthing hipster lady) "did you like the movie?"

(me) yeah I liked it. Kept to the comic pretty good.

(50s somthing hipster lady) "it was a comic book? I didnt know that."

(me) yup it was a comic book back in the early 80's

(50s somthing hipster lady) "well it is very good at showing how bad the US is today"

(me) what?

(50s somthing hipster lady)"yeah it rings true to what is happening to this country right now!"

(me) you think what you just saw is happeneing right now?

(50s somthing hipster lady)"all over the place. Look around and you will see what Im talking about!

(me)you actually believe that we live in a distopian society where if you speak your mind about somthing you will be dragged off to some Gulag?

(50s somthing hipster lady)"you dont?"

(me) you just watched a film that is a slap in the face of government big brother control. And you are not now being dragged away as we speak. What do you think?

(50s somthing hipster lady)" I think its only a matter of time"

(me) .....................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA.... no wait dont leave. Im sorry really I am. Please tell me more I am begging you! Please
tel...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....(she walked away in a huff) WAIT!! YOU BETTER RUN!!! I HEAR HELICOPTERS!!!!!!!!

wilbur
12-15-2010, 02:12 PM
[DUMP MODE ON]

but but but but....thats what BUSHCO was doing to us!!!! The patriot act!!!!!111!!!1!!!111!!!!one one one!!!!
[DUMP MODE OFF]

I remember being in the theater having this exchange.

(50s somthing hipster lady) "did you like the movie?"

(me) yeah I liked it. Kept to the comic pretty good.

(50s somthing hipster lady) "it was a comic book? I didnt know that."

(me) yup it was a comic book back in the early 80's

(50s somthing hipster lady) "well it is very good at showing how bad the US is today"

(me) what?

(50s somthing hipster lady)"yeah it rings true to what is happening to this country right now!"

(me) you think what you just saw is happeneing right now?

(50s somthing hipster lady)"all over the place. Look around and you will see what Im talking about!

(me)you actually believe that we live in a distopian society where if you speak your mind about somthing you will be dragged off to some Gulag?

(50s somthing hipster lady)"you dont?"

(me) you just watched a film that is a slap in the face of government big brother control. And you are not now being dragged away as we speak. What do you think?

(50s somthing hipster lady)" I think its only a matter of time"

(me) .....................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA.... no wait dont leave. Im sorry really I am. Please tell me more I am begging you! Please
tel...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....(she walked away in a huff) WAIT!! YOU BETTER RUN!!! I HEAR HELICOPTERS!!!!!!!!

I've heard the smiliar shit here a hundred times over.

If only I had a buck for every time I saw something like; "Priests can now be arrested for preaching the Bible!" in regards to hate crime laws.

Zafod
12-15-2010, 02:17 PM
I've heard the smiliar shit here a hundred times over.

If only I had a buck for every time I saw something like; "Priests can now be arrested for preaching the Bible!" in regards to hate crime laws.

*yawn*

what ever wilber.

Gingersnap
12-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Interesting update on this story. The guy in question was a self-identified Humanist.

PoliCon
12-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Interesting update on this story. The guy in question was a self-identified Humanist.

The shooter?

Gingersnap
12-16-2010, 12:20 PM
The shooter?

Yep. You just know that if the guy was a self-identified "Evangelical" on his Facebook that this would be all over the news.

noonwitch
12-16-2010, 01:25 PM
I think the people involved handled the situation and themselves very well. I also don't think the gunman really wanted to kill anyone, or there would be more dead bodies than his own.

This kind of thing is so sad. I always feel badly for the cops in the "suicide by police" scenarios.

PoliCon
12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Yep. You just know that if the guy was a self-identified "Evangelical" on his Facebook that this would be all over the news.

yup.

Zafod
12-16-2010, 03:53 PM

no kidding.

Wei Wu Wei
12-16-2010, 04:45 PM

lmao what a fucking loser

i only wish he was wearing that god damn mask when he blew his brains out

Wei Wu Wei
12-16-2010, 04:49 PM

Nah that fizzled out already after some evangelical crazies decided to fight the Holy War by assassinating doctors. old news.

now, if he were a muslim, or even just from another (brown) country, this wouldn't be a "gunman", it would be a "terrorist". or maybe not who knows.

Rockntractor
12-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Nah that fizzled out already after some evangelical crazies decided to fight the Holy War by assassinating doctors. old news.

now, if he were a muslim, or even just from another (brown) country, this wouldn't be a "gunman", it would be a "terrorist". or maybe not who knows.

Some, a holy war? I heard of two incidents with a single gunman several years apart. Is there one I'm missing, enlighten me Wei.

Wei Wu Wei
12-16-2010, 04:56 PM
nah that's the joke. the Great Victory that they decided to fight for was only in their deluded little minds

maybe im wrong but i thought there was another case where they tried to fire-bomb a clinic

Rockntractor
12-16-2010, 04:59 PM
nah that's the joke. the Great Victory that they decided to fight for was only in their deluded little minds

maybe im wrong but i thought there was another case where they tried to fire-bomb a clinic

If that is the case give us a link and we'll discuss it.

Wei Wu Wei
12-16-2010, 05:01 PM
oh snap well apparently there's a lot more than i thought:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#United_States

:eek:

Rockntractor
12-16-2010, 05:10 PM
oh snap well apparently there's a lot more than i thought:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#United_States

:eek:

I'm not saying the article is wrong but they did post this.

This section needs additional citations for verification.
Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2010)

Zafod
12-16-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm not saying the article is wrong but they did post this.

http://www.kyon.pl/static/img/remiq.net_16887.jpg