PDA

View Full Version : Assange Walks

Rockntractor
12-16-2010, 08:34 PM
The rage of Assange: I'm a victim of a conspiracy claims freed WikiLeaks chief

By Daily Mail Reporter

A defiant Julian Assange last night warned of an international conspiracy against him and said he felt ‘a hundred years of anger’ over his week ‘in a black hole’.

The WikiLeaks founder, celebrating being freed on bail, said he feared the United States would begin moves to arrest him within 24 hours.

Under the conditions of his release, he will now spend Christmas under ‘mansion arrest’ in a ten-bedroom manor house in the Norfolk countryside, which will become the base of his website.
WikiLeaks colleagues vowed to join him in Ellingham Hall to continue leaking secret U.S. diplomatic cables.

The 39-year-old, who was in handcuffs, was led into the courts behind a screen

Assange was granted bail when a senior judge rejected a bid to keep him locked up pending moves to extradite him to Sweden on alleged sex assault charges, which he denies.

At a celebration party last night at the Frontline Club in London he said: ‘I’ve spent a week in a black hole. I’ve got a hundred years of anger over what’s happened.’

Later, outside his bail address, he told reporters of his conspiracy fears: ‘We have heard today from one of my U.S. lawyers, yet to be confirmed, but a serious matter, that there may be a U.S. indictment for espionage for me, coming from a secret U.S. grand jury investigation.

‘One of the concerns that we have had since I have been in the UK is whether the extradition proceeding to Sweden, which is occurring in a very strange and unusual way, is actually an attempt to get me into a jurisdiction which will then make it easier to extradite me to the United States.’

Mo>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339101/WikiLeaks-Julian-Assange-heading-Christmas-country-mansion-given-bail.html