PDA

View Full Version : HOUSE PASSES TAX CUT BILL - now Barry has to sign it . . .

PoliCon
12-17-2010, 01:27 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/17/congress-passes-extend-tax-cuts-jobless-aid/

The dems failed to get the estate tax they wanted too. Poor bastards. :rolleyes:

Madisonian
12-17-2010, 06:06 PM
13 months extended unemployment
Extensions of corporate alternative energy welfare
Not a single penny in budget cuts
Freezing the newly elected House members out a chance to have any input to get a better deal.

Yep, great job boys and girls.

PoliCon
12-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Freezing the newly elected House members out a chance to have any input to get a better deal.

That was half the point though. They had to block these party outsiders from screwing up a good system!

lacarnut
12-17-2010, 09:53 PM
13 months extended unemployment
Extensions of corporate alternative energy welfare
Not a single penny in budget cuts

Yep, great job boys and girls.

Idiots like Krauthammer and O'Reilly state that this may be the turning point for Obama in getting reelected in 012. Conservatives/Tea Party folks got a good screwing.

NJCardFan
12-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Idiots like Krauthammer and O'Reilly state that this may be the turning point for Obama in getting reelected in 012. Conservatives/Tea Party folks got a good screwing.

And how exactly does that make them idiots? So, what you want them to say is that no matter what Obama is screwed? Um, I'd rather have them tell the truth on what they think than play partisan politics. Oh, and I watched O'Reilly tonight and they were saying that this will play well with moderates, which is the group you must win over to win an election, and they're right.

lacarnut
12-17-2010, 11:30 PM
And how exactly does that make them idiots? So, what you want them to say is that no matter what Obama is screwed? Um, I'd rather have them tell the truth on what they think than play partisan politics. Oh, and I watched O'Reilly tonight and they were saying that this will play well with moderates, which is the group you must win over to win an election, and they're right.

I think it is idiotic for anyone that believes that we are spending too much money to jump on Obama's band wagon just because he moves from his far left position to a center left position. Granted, moderates were probably in favor of this comprise. I happen to be one that thinks this bill stinks as it added almost 300 billion of additional spending to the debt. With unemployment at 9.8%, QE 2 and health care up in the air, I do not see how Obama can be reelected. If the economy does not improve, he is dead meat. To suggest otherwise is silly.

NJCardFan
12-17-2010, 11:40 PM
I think it is idiotic for anyone that believes that we are spending too much money to jump on Obama's band wagon just because he moves from his far left position to a center left position. Granted, moderates were probably in favor of this comprise. I happen to be one that thinks this bill stinks as it added almost 300 billion of additional spending to the debt. With unemployment at 9.8%, QE 2 and health care up in the air, I do not see how Obama can be reelected. If the economy does not improve, he is dead meat. To suggest otherwise is silly.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, I'm saying that Bill O isn't entirely wrong. Of course the GOP could use this against him by saying that Obama pushing for this was an act of desperation and how he and his merry band of goons were dead set against it for the past 2 years.

And hey, you're about to break 9K!

lacarnut
12-17-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm not saying I don't agree with you, I'm saying that Bill O isn't entirely wrong. Of course the GOP could use this against him by saying that Obama pushing for this was an act of desperation and how he and his merry band of goons were dead set against it for the past 2 years.

And hey, you're about to break 9K!

Yep and I have a birthday coming up in 3 days.

Madisonian
12-18-2010, 09:30 AM

I don't know what those two said but if it was that this bill increases his chances of being reelected, I would agree.
The Obama base will forget or forgive the "tax breaks for the rich" transgression if there is any uptick in the economy in the next two years and Obama will get the credit even though without the November drubbing the Dims took this bill would never have been presented.

A good campaign manager will promote the bi-partisan way Obama was able to push this bill through the House and Senate, even over the objections of his own party, and in the same breath decry the Republicans for holding America hostage over the same tax breaks for the rich, 2% FICA rollback and the lower estate tax limits than he wanted. Then he will go after the Repubs, the anti-deficit party, for adding more to the debt with this bill and if only they passed his bill it would not have added whatever billions to the debt.

This will be spun as a victory for Obama and a defeat of the Republican principles that brought the change in House leadership, which it is, and all before the new members are ever sworn in.

NJCardFan
12-18-2010, 10:24 AM
It's been said that the reason why the private sector hasn't been hiring as much is because of the uncertainty with the tax cut extension. Now that the cuts will continue and for at least the next 2 years there's no reason for uncertainty, they might start hiring again and the economy will improve. I don't know if this will help Obama get elected but it's one monkey off his back for sure.

m00
12-18-2010, 01:37 PM
It's been said that the reason why the private sector hasn't been hiring as much is because of the uncertainty with the tax cut extension. Now that the cuts will continue and for at least the next 2 years there's no reason for uncertainty, they might start hiring again and the economy will improve. I don't know if this will help Obama get elected but it's one monkey off his back for sure.

More than this, I think it's because it's harder to make a profit reliably. A lot of companies have staffed up and are comfortable they can stay afloat, but taking on new people is always a risk because it increases your burn rate. Getting rid of people in most places is a lot harder than hiring them.

lacarnut
12-18-2010, 02:03 PM

The thought of Baarraacckk getting re-elected makes me nauseous. He still has a bunch of monkeys on his back with high unemployment, mounting debt and out of control spending. I don't think that he can overcome that in 2 years.

Small business still has a great deal of uncertainty with the health care bill. This administration is the most anti-business that I have ever seen. More regulations and higher taxes are on the way. Large corporations like McDonald's and 200 plus others got an exemption from the health care laws. Not so, with the small/med. sized business who are the job creators. If the bill is ruled unconstitutional, that might jump start hiring but that could be months or years of legal wrangling in the courts.

PoliCon
12-18-2010, 02:05 PM
The thought of Baarraacckk getting re-elected makes me nauseous. He still has a bunch of monkeys on his back with high unemployment, mounting debt and out of control spending. I don't think that he can overcome that in 2 years.

Small business still has a great deal of uncertainty with the health care bill. This administration is the most anti-business that I have ever seen. More regulations and higher taxes are on the way. Large corporations like McDonald's and 200 plus others got an exemption from the health care laws. Not so, with the small/med. sized business who are the job creators. If the bill is ruled unconstitutional, that might jump start hiring.

I seriously believe repeal of Obamacare is what it's going to take to get the economy moving again.