PDA

View Full Version : Attention Leftists: Tell Me Again About Poor People?

NJCardFan
12-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Here is an article (http://www.macon.com/2010/12/16/1379464/funding-cuts-leave-many-without.html#disqus_thread) out of Macon Georgia about how the funding for their energy assistance program was cut 44% and some people needing energy assistance are being turned away. I know, I know, it's sad. It really is. In this article is a lady holding up her heating bills that she cannot pay. Look at the picture and tell me what's wrong with it. I'll post the pic here in case you're too lazy to click on the link:
http://media.macon.com/smedia/2010/12/15/22/20101215-221428-pic-125665235.embedded.prod_affiliate.71.jpg

I'll give you all a few to tell me what's wrong with this picture of this "poor" person.

Bailey
12-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Here is an article (http://www.macon.com/2010/12/16/1379464/funding-cuts-leave-many-without.html#disqus_thread) out of Macon Georgia about how the funding for their energy assistance program was cut 44% and some people needing energy assistance are being turned away. I know, I know, it's sad. It really is. In this article is a lady holding up her heating bills that she cannot pay. Look at the picture and tell me what's wrong with it. I'll post the pic here in case you're too lazy to click on the link:
http://media.macon.com/smedia/2010/12/15/22/20101215-221428-pic-125665235.embedded.prod_affiliate.71.jpg

I'll give you all a few to tell me what's wrong with this picture of this "poor" person.

Better TV then mine lol

NJCardFan
12-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Better TV then mine lol

Exactly. And look underneath of that TV. It's an X-Box. This person also has a Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000995354713) page meaning she owns a computer. She's also made updates to her Facebook page from her cell phone. It's all about priorities. But we wee and wilbur like to call people like this poor. Not by a longshot is he poor and that they have a right to have what I worked for. If she can't pay her bills, how about selling the superfluous stuff and pay her bills. I had to when I was having money problems.

Apache
12-17-2010, 10:23 AM
"Obese", big flat screen, space heater (although they are good for heating just one room) all the lights on...

Tecate
12-17-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't have a cell phone, cable TV, or the internet at my house... Not because I can't afford them, but simply because I don't want to pay for any of it. If you have any or all of the above luxuries and yes, they are luxuries, not necessities, then you aren't poor.

NJCardFan
12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't have a cell phone, cable TV, or the internet at my house... Not because I can't afford them, but simply because I don't want to pay for any of it. If you have any or all of the above luxuries and yes, they are luxuries, not necessities, then you aren't poor.

Tell that to wee wee and wilbur.

Tecate
12-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Tell that to wee wee and wilbur.
So, how much does a bundle like that cost approximately per month these days? $150-$200 a month for cable TV, internet, and cell phone? I honestly don't know.

NJCardFan
12-17-2010, 11:02 AM
So, how much does a bundle like that cost approximately per month these days? $150-$200 a month for cable TV, internet, and cell phone? I honestly don't know.

I pay $160 per month for a bundle.

noonwitch
12-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Exactly. And look underneath of that TV. It's an X-Box. This person also has a Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000995354713) page meaning she owns a computer. She's also made updates to her Facebook page from her cell phone. It's all about priorities. But we wee and wilbur like to call people like this poor. Not by a longshot is he poor and that they have a right to have what I worked for. If she can't pay her bills, how about selling the superfluous stuff and pay her bills. I had to when I was having money problems.

Maybe the tv and x box were gifts from a wealthier relative?

I'm just kidding. I've seen this a thousand times, people on welfare with better stuff than what I have. A lot of them rent the stuff from Rent To Own or one of those kinds of places, which ends up costing them more than they would have paid if they had bought them.

Tecate
12-17-2010, 11:16 AM
I pay $160 per month for a bundle.
I just asked my father what he pays and he also said about $160/month for all of the above.

Wei Wu Wei
12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Maybe the tv and x box were gifts from a wealthier relative?

I'm just kidding. I've seen this a thousand times, people on welfare with better stuff than what I have. A lot of them rent the stuff from Rent To Own or one of those kinds of places, which ends up costing them more than they would have paid if they had bought them.

there are kids murdering each other over sneakers in poor neighborhoods.

yes their priorities are off.

NJCardFan
12-17-2010, 01:00 PM

But you want to empty the treasury department for these people. Believe me, this woman and her family aren't the exception. But you and your ilk want to forcibly take from the producers and give to moochers and leaches like this. Please explain that logic to me.

wilbur
12-17-2010, 01:53 PM
One anecdotal photo.... what an amazing case you made!

djones520
12-17-2010, 01:59 PM

You remember those debit cards given to the Katrina survivors? :rolleyes:

Tecate
12-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Perception is reality.

NJCardFan
12-17-2010, 02:35 PM

Sooo, in other words you think this woman is unique, huh? OK, how about information from the Census Bureau:
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2007/08/~/media/Images/Reports/2007/bg2064/bg2064chart1.ashx?w=650&h=958&as=1
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2007/08/How-Poor-Are-Americas-Poor-Examining-the-Plague-of-Poverty-in-America

Stick your head back in the sand, Sally.

NJCardFan
12-17-2010, 02:38 PM
You remember those debit cards given to the Katrina survivors? :rolleyes:

You mean the ones used for tattoos and strip clubs?

marinejcksn
12-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I've lost all patience for the "poor" since I started working at a gas startion this year. Almost every single customer who whips out the ACCESS card (Pennsylvania's Food Stamp debit card) is well dressed, has a car that's nicer than mine, is talking on a cell phone that's nicer than mine and is buying fattening snacks and shit. AND, after spending State money on slurpies, more than half of them whip out a wad of cash and buy cigarettes and lottery tickets.

I'm sorry, but the overwhelming majority of people on food stamps i've met are lazy slugs who need to get off their fat ass and get a job. I know some people are hurting and need them, I have no problem helping out the extremely needy for a temporary period of time. But how many people on food stamps do you think go to their church for help, or the neighborhood food bank?

Exactly.

hoplophobe
12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm sorry, but the overwhelming majority of people on food stamps i've met are lazy slugs who need to get off their fat ass and get a job. I know some people are hurting and need them, I have no problem helping out the extremely needy for a temporary period of time. But how many people on food stamps do you think go to their church for help, or the neighborhood food bank?

Exactly.
Self esteem issue? Less stigma using the gubmint CC than going to the food bank? I seem to remember one argument for going to the cards was along those lines.

Rebel Yell
12-17-2010, 03:19 PM

Trust me. Live relatively close to Macon, and this is much more than one anecdotal photo. This much more the rule than the exception.

djones520
12-17-2010, 03:33 PM
You mean the ones used for tattoos and strip clubs?

And thousand dollar purses...

Starbuck
12-17-2010, 03:38 PM
It's the way some people live....Buy what they want and beg for what they need.:mad:

txradioguy
12-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Trust me. Live relatively close to Macon, and this is much more than one anecdotal photo. This much more the rule than the exception.

Its the rule practically anywhere there are large concentrations of people on the public dole.

It used to be shameful to have to ask for a handout...a sign you couldn't provide for your own family or yourself.

Now thanks to the Libtards using welfare as a bribe for votes...we have generations that are raised to believe the ONLY way to "earn" a living is at the federal teat.

noonwitch
12-17-2010, 04:32 PM

They're not killing each other for sneakers from Payless! That's what I tell parents about spending all their money on Air Jordans for their kids instead of paying the gas bill.