PDA

View Full Version : President Obama snubbed as sources reveal not invited to Prince William's wedding

Odysseus
12-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Saturday, Dec 18 2010

Snub for Obamas as Royal sources reveal they will not be invited to Prince William's wedding

By Fay Schlesinger

American President left off the guest list as it is not a 'state occasion'

Royal couple eager to ask ordinary citizens to attend rather than VIPs

Heads of State who may attend include Nicolas Sarkozy and wife Carla Bruni

President Obama and his wife Michelle will not be invited to Prince William's wedding next year.

Because Prince William is not yet heir to the throne, his wedding to Kate Middleton is not classed as a ‘state occasion’ – and the couple feel under no pressure to fill the 2,000-strong guest list with heads of state, the Mail understands.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339315/President-Obama-snubbed-sources-reveal-invited-Prince-Williams-wedding.html

Maybe the Queen will send the Obamas an I-Pod with a video of the wedding as a consolation gift. Or, maybe the PM can have the video transferred to DVD and encode it for the proper region. :D

Rockntractor
12-18-2010, 08:01 PM
I know somebody who won't be getting any DVD's or speeches for a wedding present!:rolleyes:

Kay
12-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Really, after those hokie gifts of an Ipod full of his campaign
speeches and a DVD player that couldn't even be plugged into
a UK outlet, who'd want to risk what kind of wedding gift he
might bring.

It would be just hilarious if they would invite W and Laura.
They seemed to genuinely hit it off with the Royals when
they went over for a visit. That would just be classic. :D

Odysseus
12-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Really, after those hokie gifts of an Ipod full of his campaign
speeches and a DVD player that couldn't even be plugged into
a UK outlet, who'd want to risk what kind of wedding gift he
might bring.
The Obamas do lack a certain class. But, the real issue is that Obama's entourage would end up taking every available hotel room in London, and the royals aren't about to give up their bridal suite. That, and I suspect that her majesty doesn't want another hug from the first Klingon.

It would be just hilarious if they would invite W and Laura.
They seemed to genuinely hit it off with the Royals when
they went over for a visit. That would just be classic. :D

That would be the ultimate one-fingered salute. And, I know that Bill and Hillary won't be invited, because Hillary would try too hard to catch the bouquet, and Bill can't be trusted around the bridesmaids. :D

lacarnut
12-18-2010, 11:28 PM
That's what happens when a community organizer has no class.:eek:

PoliCon
12-18-2010, 11:35 PM
OH PLEASE let George and Laura get invited! :D The DU would be a LAUGH riot if they did!!!

AmPat
12-19-2010, 09:33 AM
O Blah Blah would try to hold court while Michelle would criticize the food (while binging on the same).

Starbuck
12-19-2010, 12:49 PM
OH PLEASE let George and Laura get invited! :D The DU would be a LAUGH riot if they did!!!

:)Oh, Please, GOD!:)

Teddy Kennedy
12-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha

Apache
12-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Maybe they know that Zero will turn their wedding into something about him. He does have that proclivity you know

Madisonian
12-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Damn, and Obama had just picked out "The Writings of Theobald Wolfe Tone" as a wedding present.

Gingersnap
12-20-2010, 10:09 AM
I doubt they were "snubbed", there's just no particular reason to invite them. The Prince is not the King and his wedding isn't a state occasion. I'm sure the Obamas will send a suitably crapastic wedding gift.

linda22003
12-20-2010, 10:59 AM
The Obamas do lack a certain class. But, the real issue is that Obama's entourage would end up taking every available hotel room in London, and the royals aren't about to give up their bridal suite. That, and I suspect that her majesty doesn't want another hug from the first Klingon.

That would be the ultimate one-fingered salute. And, I know that Bill and Hillary won't be invited, because Hillary would try too hard to catch the bouquet, and Bill can't be trusted around the bridesmaids. :D

I hope you don't really think the royals honeymoon in hotels.
I hope you made the snarky remark about Bill and the bridesmaids while being ignorant of the fact that the bridesmaids at royal weddings are usually young children.

lacarnut
12-20-2010, 11:47 AM
I hope you don't really think the royals honeymoon in hotels.
I hope you made the snarky remark about Bill and the bridesmaids while being ignorant of the fact that the bridesmaids at royal weddings are usually young children.

You should lower the dosage of your daily Ms Perfectionist Pills. :eek:

linda22003
12-20-2010, 12:01 PM
You should lower the dosage of your daily Ms Perfectionist Pills. :eek:

Someone has to maintain standards, and it's a lonely job around here.
Speaking of which, on what possible planet does this qualify as "Breaking News"?

Apache
12-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Someone has to maintain standards, and it's a lonely job around here.
Speaking of which, on what possible planet does this qualify as "Breaking News"?

Planet Inglund :D