PDA

View Full Version : "Couric On Her Way Out at CBS."

megimoo
12-21-2010, 10:19 AM
DRAMA: CBS, Couric Said to Discuss Lower Pay...

CBS Corp. began preliminary talks on a new contract for Katie Couric, looking to cut the evening news anchorís $15 million salary and possibly expand her role amid falling viewership, people with knowledge of the situation said.

The network and Alan Berger, Couricís agent at Creative Artists Agency in Los Angeles, began talks in early December, said the people, who insisted on anonymity because the discussions are private. Time Warner Inc.ís CNN also has expressed interest in Couric, 53, two people said.

Both sides recognize Couricís salary must be reduced for her to remain at CBS, one of the people said. This season, the ďCBS Evening News With Katie CouricĒ is averaging 5.73 million viewers a night, according to Nielsen Co. data, behind NBC and ABC, and down 24 percent from when she took over in 2006.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-20/cbs-couric-said-to-discuss-lower-pay-wider-role-for-anchor-as-cnn-waits.html

Gingersnap
12-21-2010, 10:36 AM
More GD than Politics. ;)

Adam Wood
12-21-2010, 10:38 AM
CBS finally realizes that no one takes Bubbles the News Girl seriously? Surprise!

m00
12-21-2010, 02:12 PM
CBS finally realizes that no one takes Bubbles the News Girl seriously? Surprise!

I think people just aren't watching news on TV as much as they used to.

AmPat
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
CouricĒ is averaging 5.73 million viewers a nightAre there really this many idiots every night? I can't watch this moron for more than 5 minutes at a time without losing brain cells.

Adam Wood
12-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Are there really this many idiots every night? I can't watch this moron for more than 5 minutes at a time without losing brain cells.Scary: Roughly a million people vacuum up Moonbatmann's idiocy every night (http://www.businessinsider.com/quarterly-ratings-keith-olbermann-is-slipping-in-the-key-25-54-age-demographic-2010-6).

So five million watching Bubbles isn't all that shocking.