PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Weather Forecast: 'Epic Proportions' of Snow could fall in Colo. Mountains

megimoo
12-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Colorado weather forecast: 'Epic proportions' of snow could fall in Colo. mountains

WEATHER RADAR | WEATHER ALERTS

DENVER - Many ski resorts will be able to measure the snow in feet within the next few days. The Colorado weather forecast calls for a prolonged period of snow for the Colorado high country through the middle of the week. - High elevation mountain towns blasted with snow

The National Weather service says snowfall of "epic proportions" could fall in some areas.

9NEWS Meteorologist Becky Ditchfield says a few flurries may fly in Denver Tuesday and again on Thursday, but measurable snowfall is not expected in the city before Christmas. You will need to head west for a white Christmas.

Tuesday, the winter solstice occurs at 4:38 p.m. and the Solstice coincides with the only complete eclipse of the full moon in 2010. Cloud cover held off just long enough to make for beautiful views of the eclipse overnight along the Front Range.

The last winter solstice full moons were in 1999 and 1980.

Winter is already in full swing in the Colorado high country as a WINTER STORM WARNING remains in effect through Tuesday night for nearly all mountain areas in Colorado, which could see 12 to 36 inches of snow.

The mountains surrounding Vail, Aspen, Snowmass, Crested Butte, Telluride and Silverton should see 1 to 3 feet of snow by Tuesday evening with the heaviest snow on west-facing slopes.

The mountains of Summit County, the Winter Park area and the Rocky Mountain National Park region could see up to 2 feet on west-facing slopes, while valley locations such as Silverthorne, Frisco and Fraser will generally see less than 12 inches.
In addition, southwest winds will gust over 40 mph at times causing blowing and drifting snow and leading to limited visibility.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=170505&catid=339

SarasotaRepub
12-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Damn that Global Warming!!!!!

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/e1ffb92b7958a24da9d854203ba668e40.jpg

:p:D

Kay
12-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I wish I was there!

Our forecast for the next 10 days shows the low
for the week on Dec 25....55 degrees. Bummer.

SarasotaRepub
12-21-2010, 11:05 PM
I wish I was there!

Our forecast for the next 10 days shows the low
for the week on Dec 25....55 degrees. Bummer.

Kay, I don't even want to look at my electric bill this month. :(
We heat Fortress Sarasota with a "Heat Strip". It's been damn cold
down here!!! I can't even use my pool, and it's heated by the blood
of Iraqi children shipped to me by Darth Cheney himself!!!! :D

Gingersnap
12-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Anything that is good for the ski industry is good for Colorado. ;)

megimoo
12-22-2010, 02:40 PM

Obama's EPA :The jet stream is all screwed up due to the body heat from all of these damn humans rising into the atmosphere.Turn it down or we'll regulate you ourselves.

Gingersnap
12-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Obama's EPA :The jet stream is all screwed up due to the body heat from all of these damn humans rising into the atmosphere.Turn it down or we'll regulate you ourselves.

Don't worry - some of them already ski naked in April. :D

M21
12-22-2010, 03:16 PM

It's an epic season so far. The backcountry has been fantastic. I've already done a couple of 10th Mountain Division Association Hut trips this year.

Gingersnap
12-22-2010, 03:21 PM
It's an epic season so far. The backcountry has been fantastic. I've already done a couple of 10th Mountain Division Association Hut trips this year.

Epic is exactly right! I hope this keeps up through March. :)

megimoo
12-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Epic is exactly right! I hope this keeps up through March. :)Why, because you can stay at home ?

Gingersnap
12-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Why, because you can stay at home ?

I don't get to stay home. :(