PDA

View Full Version : "Muslim Pupil Offended By the Word 'Jamón' (Ham) In Class in Cádiz."

megimoo
12-22-2010, 12:01 AM
"Famous Spanish Hams Name Offensive to Islam !"

The boy's family have reported the geography teacher to the police and the courts

The parents of a Muslim boy who attends a secondary school in La Línea, Cádiz province, have reported their son’s teacher for an incident in the boy’s geography class which the child said caused him offence as a Muslim.

The teacher, José Reyes Fernández, with more than 20 years in the profession, was explaining to the class how the cold climate in Trevélez, Granada province, aided in the curing of the village’s most famous local product, jamón serrano.

The boy told his teacher that hearing the word ‘ham’ in class was offensive to him because of his religion and asked his geography teacher to stop referring to the product which caused him offence.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_28388.shtml

Rockntractor
12-22-2010, 12:03 AM
We aren't far behind them, not at all.

lacarnut
12-22-2010, 12:08 AM
I wonder if Obama and his racist A.G. are going to file suit against the school.

NJCardFan
12-22-2010, 12:16 AM
The people are the most thin skinned people in the history of this earth. What I find funny is that just the mere mentioning of the word ham is offensive to this little prick but the fact that his brethren like to lop off the heads of people just because they don't worship the same god, not so much.

megimoo
12-22-2010, 12:40 AM
The people are the most thin skinned people in the history of this earth. What I find funny is that just the mere mentioning of the word ham is offensive to this little prick but the fact that his brethren like to lop off the heads of people just because they don't worship the same god, not so much.They're not 'thin skinned' at all .It's all about power,the power to change society and force change .Next their own laws !

Madisonian
12-22-2010, 07:44 AM
I still say we could end the Afghan and Iraq issues tomorrow if instead of dropping JDAMs we sent over a couple of refueling tankers loaded with pig farm waste and saturated the cities.

Would piss of the ROPMA and improve the air quaility at the same time.

megimoo
12-22-2010, 07:55 AM
I still say we could end the Afghan and Iraq issues tomorrow if instead of dropping JDAMs we sent over a couple of refueling tankers loaded with pig farm waste and saturated the cities.

Would piss of the ROPMA and improve the air quaility at the same time.And start about one and a half billion angry, pigs blood covered Muslims on their way to America to talk about their damnation !

hampshirebrit
12-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Here's a good follow-up story:

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_28406.shtml

Trevélez producers to send a free ham to Cádiz teacher reported for using the word 'jamon' in class

The secondary school teacher from La Línea, Cádiz province, who was denounced by a Muslim pupil’s parents after the boy said he felt offended by the mention of the word ‘ham’ in class, is to be sent a free jamón by the producers of Trevélez, Granada province.

Jamón serrano is the most famous local product of Trevélez, and it was when the teacher was explaining to his geography class how the cold mountain climate of the area aids in the curing of the hams that the boy became offended.

Francisco Álvarez, President of the Trevélez Jamón Producers Association, told Europa Press that the denuncia the pupil’s parents placed to police and to the courts is, in his view, ‘completely absurd’ and out of context. Mohamed Hamed, President of FEERI, the Spanish Federation of Islamic Organisations, has a similar view, describing it as ‘absolutely ridiculous’. He added that, while the Koran may prohibit the consumption of ham, it does not prohibit talking about it. :eek::D

fettpett
12-22-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm and Seventh Day Adventist, for the most part follow Jewish dietary laws which the Muslims took as "their own". I'm not offended by any pork products, even if I'm served them I'm not offended (unless the person had done it on purpose then I'm upset at the person for other reasons such as lying to me). Hell we watch a lot of Food Network and it's hard to watch that stuff without seeing some kind of pork product.

I really hope that the Spanish courts tell this kid and his family to go fuck themselves

NJCardFan
12-22-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm and Seventh Day Adventist, for the most part follow Jewish dietary laws which the Muslims took as "their own". I'm not offended by any pork products, even if I'm served them I'm not offended (unless the person had done it on purpose then I'm upset at the person for other reasons such as lying to me). Hell we watch a lot of Food Network and it's hard to watch that stuff without seeing some kind of pork product.

I really hope that the Spanish courts tell this kid and his family to go fuck themselves

Which makes their hatred of Jews pretty comical. This reminds me of an old joke I remembered hearing on All In The Family:

A priest and a rabbi are talking and the priest asks the rabbi, "why don't you eat ham?" The rabbi answers, "because it's against my religion. Tell me, why don't you have sex with women?" The priest answers, "because it's against my religion." The rabbi replies, "you should try it, it's better than ham."

Novaheart
12-22-2010, 12:32 PM

I was reading something about the sinister designs of Islam which permit it to invade a culture. I can't remember what it is specifically, but the tactic of contaminating them or throwing pig products on them won't work. Not surprisingly, Islam has a contingency for such a tactic.

A vulnerability that Americans and other Westerners must address is the belief that Islam is different from and inferior to Christianity. It is not. It is the same concept, but with improvements. IMPROVEMENTS. Improvements which make it harder to contain it, harder to kill it.

Christianity was designed to be a state religion- a religion which serves the state. Islam is designed to BE the state. But it's designed to be the state in a state of theocratic mob rule, with successive forces each claiming to be more orthodox than the last.

AmPat
12-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I was reading something about the sinister designs of Islam which permit it to invade a culture. I can't remember what it is specifically, but the tactic of contaminating them or throwing pig products on them won't work. Not surprisingly, Islam has a contingency for such a tactic.

A vulnerability that Americans and other Westerners must address is the belief that Islam is different from and inferior to Christianity. It is not. It is the same concept, but with improvements. IMPROVEMENTS. Improvements which make it harder to contain it, harder to kill it.

Christianity was designed to be a state religion- a religion which serves the state. Islam is designed to BE the state. But it's designed to be the state in a state of theocratic mob rule, with successive forces each claiming to be more orthodox than the last.

What a stupid, unintelligent, uneducated, simple-minded thing to say.

"Christianity was designed to be a state religion- a religion which serves the state " Christianity originated outside of the govt AND the accepted religion in the region-Judaism. You really ought to know more about your world before you completely lose yuor thin margin of credibility.

Novaheart
12-22-2010, 01:14 PM
What a stupid, unintelligent, uneducated, simple-minded thing to say.

Christianity originated outside of the govt AND the accepted religion in the region-Judaism. You really ought to know more about your world before you completely lose yuor thin margin of credibility.

The roots of Christianity do precede it as a state religion.
Who called the Council of Nicea?

Speedy
12-22-2010, 01:47 PM

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that Christians have no one to answer to but their savior. Not to the state, not to their congregation, not to their pastor or the government. Islam, on the other hand is all about perception. It is not about how Muslim you are but how Muslim others percieve you to be. You can go far as a Muslim if you show yourself to be devout and show the proper outrage at percieved wrongs while not believing one word of the Koran.

AmPat
12-22-2010, 02:27 PM

A man.:rolleyes: Council of men, by men for men----------------------over 300 years after Christianity originated.;)

megimoo
12-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Who called the Council of Nicea?..325 years,after the birth of Jesus The Christ, the first council of Nicea by the Roman Emperor Constantine I who was an unbaptised quasi Christian called together the early bishops to settle theological disputes that were troubling his empire.

The Council was the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom.By that time Christianity was well established through out the Roman governed regions and Constantines interests were purely political .

CueSi
12-22-2010, 03:13 PM
..325 years,after the birth of Jesus The Christ, the first council of Nicea by the Roman Emperor Constantine I who was an unbaptised quasi Christian called together the early bishops to settle theological disputes that were troubling his empire.

The Council was the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom.By that time Christianity was well established through out the Roman governed regions and Constantines interests were purely political .

You just proved Nova's point that Christianity was formalized by state action. Now that does not make it less valid, because his point was that Christianity and Judaism is far more compatible with Western Civilization than Islam ever will be.

We can at least agree with that, right?

~QC

fettpett
12-22-2010, 06:05 PM
..325 years,after the birth of Jesus The Christ, the first council of Nicea by the Roman Emperor Constantine I who was an unbaptised quasi Christian called together the early bishops to settle theological disputes that were troubling his empire.

To pull the Empire back together because he realized that the only way to gain enough popularity and power to do so. He went so far as to "Baptize" his entire army as he was marching on Rome. Instituted many changes including making Christianity the State Religion of Rome.

Novaheart
12-22-2010, 06:10 PM
A man.:rolleyes: Council of men, by men for men----------------------over 300 years after Christianity originated.;)

Are you Patriotic American from the old NU?

Novaheart
12-22-2010, 06:20 PM
The difference between Christianity and Islam is that Christians have no one to answer to but their savior. Not to the state, not to their congregation, not to their pastor or the government. Islam, on the other hand is all about perception. It is not about how Muslim you are but how Muslim others percieve you to be. You can go far as a Muslim if you show yourself to be devout and show the proper outrage at percieved wrongs while not believing one word of the Koran.

In theory perhaps, but in practice Christians in general and Western Christians in particular are very much given to or used to a hierarchy, either single or dual between church and state. Even our concept of a martyr is quite different from the Islamic martyr.

A Christian martyr is a man who was unjustly called to deny his faith or betray the church and who was killed for telling the truth or refusing to abandon his faith or speak against it. Islam permits the righteous man to deny his faith, if he's planning on getting revenge for it. The Islamic martyr can be a suicide.

Can anyone here think of a Christian martyr who actually killed himself? I don't mean one who caused his own execution, I mean one who actually killed himself.

fettpett
12-22-2010, 06:20 PM
You just proved Nova's point that Christianity was formalized by state action. Now that does not make it less valid, because his point was that Christianity and Judaism is far more compatible with Western Civilization than Islam ever will be.

We can at least agree with that, right?

~QC

actually it doesn't prove his point. Nova's assertion that Christianity was somehow broken from the get go and Islam made fixes to a belief system that is somehow inferior to it. Islam is a mishmash of Roman Catholic Christianity, Judaism and Arabic pagan beliefs. For a time the Muslim world was more advanced than that of the West, but only because of the mired of problems that faced Europe after Romes fall.

Christianity at it's core is about selflessness, giving up the self and surrendering, that there is nothing we can do to be saved except accept Jesus Christ as our savior. Christ was about acceptance no matter where you are at in your life.

Islam is fundamentally different in that their WORKS get them in favor with Allah. Islam is about bending people and cultures to the will of Allah and not accepting.

on the surface they are similar, when broken down, very different

fettpett
12-22-2010, 06:24 PM
In theory perhaps, but in practice Christians in general and Western Christians in particular are very much given to or used to a hierarchy, either single or dual between church and state. Even our concept of a martyr is quite different from the Islamic martyr.

A Christian martyr is a man who was unjustly called to deny his faith or betray the church and who was killed for telling the truth or refusing to abandon his faith or speak against it. Islam permits the righteous man to deny his faith, if he's planning on getting revenge for it. The Islamic martyr can be a suicide.

Can anyone here think of a Christian martyr who actually killed himself? I don't mean one who caused his own execution, I mean one who actually killed himself.

no, because the Judea-Christian belief system views that suicide is an "unforgivable sin" and thus frowned upon.

Rockntractor
12-22-2010, 06:28 PM
no, because the Judea-Christian belief system views that suicide is an "unforgivable sin" and thus frowned upon.

The closest suicide I can think of condoned by Yahweh would be Sampson, it predates Christianity but followed the same God.

fettpett
12-22-2010, 06:58 PM
The closest suicide I can think of condoned by Yahweh would be Sampson, it predates Christianity but followed the same God.

yeah, he's the only one that isn't frowned upon. Judas has mentioned but he is obviously not looked on with very positive light

Articulate_Ape
12-22-2010, 07:09 PM

I don't want to open a hornet nest here, but did not Jesus go knowingly to the cross? Clearly the motive was good, but he did essentially take his own mortal life in that he could have stopped it at any time, no?

This is not to start a big deal. I just thought that it should be mentioned because it seems that the intention is everything. Like a soldier diving onto a grenade to save his fellows. Intent and context matter.

Rockntractor
12-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't want to open a hornet nest here, but did not Jesus go knowingly to the cross? Clearly the motive was good, but he did essentially take his own mortal life in that he could have stopped it at any time, no?

This is not to start a big deal. I just thought that it should be mentioned because it seems that the intention is everything. Like a soldier diving onto a grenade to save his fellows. Intent and context matter.

I don't know how you would argue it otherwise.

fettpett
12-22-2010, 07:37 PM

subtle but important difference, Christ and Sampson both gave up their lives for Others. Sampson freeing the Jewish people from the Canaanites and Christ saving us from our sins. I agree with the solider analogy as it's the same thing.

Suicide is usually a selfish thing on the individuals part and can only focus on their own issues and not what problems it could cause for those left behind.

Novaheart
12-22-2010, 07:42 PM
actually it doesn't prove his point. Nova's assertion that Christianity was somehow broken from the get go and Islam made fixes to a belief system that is somehow inferior to it. Islam is a mishmash of Roman Catholic Christianity, Judaism and Arabic pagan beliefs. For a time the Muslim world was more advanced than that of the West, but only because of the mired of problems that faced Europe after Romes fall.

Christianity at it's core is about selflessness, giving up the self and surrendering, that there is nothing we can do to be saved except accept Jesus Christ as our savior. Christ was about acceptance no matter where you are at in your life.

Islam is fundamentally different in that their WORKS get them in favor with Allah. Islam is about bending people and cultures to the will of Allah and not accepting.

on the surface they are similar, when broken down, very different

An idealized view of Christianity compared to the least flattering view of Islam is not exactly what I was going for, neither was I debating the quality of their mythology with the quality of Christian mythology. I was simply talking about the quality of design for the purpose of world "domination".

IN MY OPINION, there is a much higher degree of "answers only to God" in the Islamic fanatic than there is in the Christian fanatic. Christianity has "grown" (if you don't like designed) to be quite compatible with Western society and law. Islam is another animal entirely, one which cannot be controlled (even in Islamic countries) because of what I call the improvements of design which is the absence of a hierarchy or respect for Caesar, his laws, and his property.

Rockntractor
12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Christianity has "grown" (if you don't like designed) to be quite compatible with Western society and law. Islam is another animal entirely, one which cannot be controlled (even in Islamic countries) because of what I call the improvements of design which is the absence of a hierarchy or respect for Caesar, his laws, and his property.
There is a lot of truth to that, I have often said that Christianity more closely resembles the culture where it is practiced than it does the teachings of the bible, but this is a mistake on the part of the Christians. We seem to go back to the frog in the boiling pot analogy, it happens slowly and no one notices or wants to admit it.

fettpett
12-22-2010, 08:18 PM
An idealized view of Christianity compared to the least flattering view of Islam is not exactly what I was going for, neither was I debating the quality of their mythology with the quality of Christian mythology. I was simply talking about the quality of design for the purpose of world "domination".

IN MY OPINION, there is a much higher degree of "answers only to God" in the Islamic fanatic than there is in the Christian fanatic. Christianity has "grown" (if you don't like designed) to be quite compatible with Western society and law. Islam is another animal entirely, one which cannot be controlled (even in Islamic countries) because of what I call the improvements of design which is the absence of a hierarchy or respect for Caesar, his laws, and his property.

Islam has done good in the past, but the last advancement (cultural, educational, science, literature, etc) was several hundred years ago, while the Christian countries have continued the advancement to where we are today in those aspects.

I disagree that Islam doesn't have a inherit respect for hierarchy or government. What they have a disrespect for is any government that is NOT Islamic. (Christ's reference to Caesar was strictly meaning the ruling Government not the man himself). Muslim's follow and respect leaders in their faith and the governments that are Islamic just fine.

There is a lot of truth to that, I have often said that Christianity more closely resembles the culture where it is practiced than it does the teachings of the bible, but this is a mistake on the part of the Christians. We seem to go back to the frog in the boiling pot analogy, it happens slowly and no one notices or wants to admit it.

While that is true, I also have to say that Western Society has been shaped by Christianity far more than the other way around. Much of the motivation of European and New World history was shaped by the spread of Christianity.

AmPat
12-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Are you Patriotic American from the old NU?

No, but close.

CueSi
12-23-2010, 02:24 AM

There are some virgin martyrs who have done so in order to prevent their virginity to be taken, but they killed themselves or asked God to kill them, or starved themselves. One of my former professors made an entire lecture about it. Google Holy Anorexia. :p

~QC

Odysseus
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM

I wouldn't drop it on the cities. I'd saturate the tribal enclaves, and then release as many feral pigs as we can find to decimate the countryside. In fact, the only city that I would subject to that treatment would be Mecca. We should have done it after 9/11.

And, I'd send one of these to every member of the Saudi royal family that was ever linked to al Qaeda:
http://walyou.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/12/bacon-nativity-scene.jpg

Mohamed Hamed, President of FEERI, the Spanish Federation of Islamic Organisations, has a similar view, describing it as ‘absolutely ridiculous’. He added that, while the Koran may prohibit the consumption of ham, it does not prohibit talking about it.
Judaism and Catholicism both have prohibitions of pork among their clergy. It's just that among Rabbis, it's prohibited as a noun. Among Priests, it's prohibited as a verb. :D

Samson's suicide was sanctioned by God before the act:

"Then Samson prayed to God, "remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes" (Judges 16:28)".
"Samson said, 'Let me die with the Philistines!' (Judges 16:30)
He pulled the two pillars together, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it.
Thus he killed many more as he died than while he lived." (Judges 16:30)

Had his suicide not been sanctioned, God would not have restored his strength.

There are some virgin martyrs who have done so in order to prevent their virginity to be taken, but they killed themselves or asked God to kill them, or starved themselves. One of my former professors made an entire lecture about it. Google Holy Anorexia. :p

~QC

Sounds like something Robin would say. "Holy Anorexia, Batman! Catwoman's lost a lot of weight!" :D But, you did identify a legitimate case of suicide that was sanctioned after the fact by the church.