PDA

View Full Version : "Batman and his Muslim Sidekick Hassan !"

megimoo
12-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Batman Goes PC – Super Hero Recruits Muslim Sidekick From Paris Suburb

I knew it was only going to get worse at DC Comics: in his continuing efforts to form Batman Inc, Bruce Wayne recruits an Algerian Muslim living in France, in Clichy-Sous-Bois, where the Muslim riots grew out of in 2005, over the death of 2 delinquents who electrocuted themselves by stupidly entering a power station, and the blame was laid upon at least 2 policemen who weren’t even at fault and didn’t even know they were there. How about that, Bruce Wayne goes to France where he hires not a genuine French boy or girl with a real sense of justice, but rather, an “oppressed” minority who adheres to the Religion of Peace. And this is a guy whose very parents were murdered at the hands of a common street thug!

And reading this review, it may be just the beginning of the problems:

Bruce reveals that he’s aware of some bizarre assassinations taking place in Paris, and he wants to help. Still dubious, the cop shows Bruce a letter giving clues to the next murder, and Bruce deducts that a Muslim diplomat was the target of the assassin.

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2010/12/batman-goes-pc-super-hero-recruits-muslim-sidekick-in-paris/

Articulate_Ape
12-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Holy tourtiere du porc, Batman!

fettpett
12-22-2010, 07:05 PM
bah...it's a short story arch, big deal, his son Daemon is his new sidekick Robin, Dick Grayson is back being Nightwing and Tim Drake is now the Red Robin.

Articulate_Ape
12-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Red Robin.

Does he wear a hood?

fettpett
12-22-2010, 07:39 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Red-Robin-tim-drake-6485918-1280-1990.jpg?t=1293079181

Tim is in his mid-late 20's now

NJCardFan
12-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Does he wear a hood?

That would be Jason Todd as Red Hood.

enslaved1
12-23-2010, 01:56 AM
DC trying to make reparations for Green Lantern's old buddy Pieface. :-P

fettpett
12-23-2010, 07:35 AM
That would be Jason Todd as Red Hood.

Nope, Tim Drake picked up the moniker. He passed on the Robin cap to Daemon. Jason Todd, I think, is dead "again", Tim is trying to unsully the moniker from Jason Todd's actions. Tim again has his own comic as the Red Robin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Drake

megimoo
12-23-2010, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=fettpett;349411]Nope, Tim Drake picked up the moniker. He passed on the Robin cap to Daemon. Jason Todd, I think, is dead "again", Tim is trying to unsully the moniker from Jason Todd's actions. Tim again has his own comic as the Red Robin

You guys really follow this batman stuff ?

fettpett
12-23-2010, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=fettpett;349411]Nope, Tim Drake picked up the moniker. He passed on the Robin cap to Daemon. Jason Todd, I think, is dead "again", Tim is trying to unsully the moniker from Jason Todd's actions. Tim again has his own comic as the Red Robin

You guys really follow this batman stuff ?

yep, been a big Robin specific fan since His comic started in the 90's and had the first 50 till my mom got rid of all my comics in HS. Was a Batman fan before that.

megimoo
12-23-2010, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=megimoo;349413]

yep, been a big Robin specific fan since His comic started in the 90's and had the first 50 till my mom got rid of all my comics in HS. Was a Batman fan before that.If you don't mind my asking just how old are you ?

fettpett
12-23-2010, 07:55 AM
27, almost 28. What does that have to do with anything? Comics are an American' art form. :D

and no, i don't live in my mommy's basement, I have my own place, 3 kids and married for 8 years (all born after I got married)

megimoo
12-23-2010, 08:11 AM
27, almost 28. What does that have to do with anything? Comics are an American' art form. :D

and no, i don't live in my mommy's basement, I have my own place, 3 kids and married for 8 years (all born after I got married)Just curious,nothing personal !

fettpett
12-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Just curious,nothing personal !

I know, I was just bitting the "nerd int he basement" stereotype in the butt before it got started :D

I'm nerd and proud of it, just don't live in a basement :D LOL

megimoo
12-23-2010, 08:29 AM
I know, I was just bitting the "nerd int he basement" stereotype in the butt before it got started :D

I'm nerd and proud of it, just don't live in a basement :D LOLYou sound normal to me.I also enjoyed comic books when I was a kid .Must be just my old age,that's all !

NJCardFan
12-23-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm 45 and a huge Batman fan. I didn't realize Jason Todd is dead yet again. Guess there wasn't any room in the Lazarus Pit this time. :D Seriously, I liked the Under the Red Hood storyline when he was brought back. Also in the Hush arc.

fettpett
12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
I guess i'm wrong, he's not dead, he was arrested by Gordon. I had guessed he was killed after the Battle for the Cowl arch

Odysseus
12-23-2010, 11:39 AM
The comic industry has a far greater number of creators on the left than on the right. It makes it tough to follow favorite characters whenever one of these clowns takes over a book. Before 9/11, the various characters used to take on Muslim terrorists all of the time. Afterwards, not so much. The post 9/11 Captain America story arc was a tribute to moral equivalence and PC obfuscation, in which terrorists seized a small town and wired it, but used US tech that they had obtained from SHIELD. When Ed Brubaker did his Tea Party issue of Cap, he had the Falcon overwatching an event and denouncing them as racists. Since then, no matter what title or who drew it, I haven't bought anything Brubaker has written and never will again.

fettpett
12-23-2010, 12:16 PM
The comic industry has a far greater number of creators on the left than on the right. It makes it tough to follow favorite characters whenever one of these clowns takes over a book. Before 9/11, the various characters used to take on Muslim terrorists all of the time. Afterwards, not so much. The post 9/11 Captain America story arc was a tribute to moral equivalence and PC obfuscation, in which terrorists seized a small town and wired it, but used US tech that they had obtained from SHIELD. When Ed Brubaker did his Tea Party issue of Cap, he had the Falcon overwatching an event and denouncing them as racists. Since then, no matter what title or who drew it, I haven't bought anything Brubaker has written and never will again.

They apologized for that and said that someone just grabbed signs off the internet and was not suppose to be the TEA party.

Marvel is far more leftist than DC, largely cuz they place it in the real world and DC is only kinda

Odysseus
12-23-2010, 09:16 PM
They apologized for that and said that someone just grabbed signs off the internet and was not suppose to be the TEA party.

Marvel is far more leftist than DC, largely cuz they place it in the real world and DC is only kinda

They lied. Brubaker's made some other comments about Palin and Republicans that put him squarely in the moonbat left camp. From FOXNews' article on the controversy:

Brubaker, meanwhile, has made no secret of his political leanings.
He said he wrote the script "four or five" months ago, which was shortly before he posted critical messages on his Twitter account regarding former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and former President George W. Bush.

"Memo to Bachman and the rest of the tea crowd -- We had a revolution already, it's called an election," Brubaker tweeted on Nov. 5.

Nine days later, he wrote: "What did we learn this week? That Sarah Palin is a lying idiot. Hey, welcome to 2008 again."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/09/tea-party-reference-captain-america-removed#ixzz18zYHs9lP

PoliCon
12-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Marvel has become very PC.

Odysseus
12-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Marvel has become very PC.

And DC might as well be PC Comics.