PDA

View Full Version : "The Cross Of Christ Banned In Bethlehem, Offends Islam !"

megimoo
12-24-2010, 02:45 AM
This Christmas in Bethlehem, the cross has been banned from souvenirs for tourists and pilgrims in the Holy Land. Some textile workshops in Jerusalem and Hebron have begun to print and sell T-shirts depicting the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem without the cross.

Because of the growth of Islamic fundamentalism in the Palestinian territories, the cross was also removed from t-shirts of football teams.

Interviewed by AsiaNews, Samir Qumsieh, journalist and director of the Catholic television station Al-Mahed Nativity TV in Bethlehem, said: "I want to launch a campaign to urge people not to buy these products - he says - because the removal of the cross is an intimidation against Christians, it is like saying that Jesus was never crucified. "
snip
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Christmas-in-Bethlehem:-the-cross-banished-from-souvenirs-shops-20318.html

AmPat
12-24-2010, 11:35 AM
I demand that they also remove the Moon god crescent symbol, it offends Christians. Also, those creepy, demonic, useless calls to prayer five times a day must cease!:mad:

megimoo
12-24-2010, 11:41 AM
I demand that they also remove the Moon god crescent symbol, it offends Christians. Also, those creepy, demonic, useless calls to prayer five times a day must cease!:mad:Militant Islam rears it's ugly head once more.Submit or die !

Novaheart
12-24-2010, 01:08 PM
The pope should declare the automobile to be the official symbol of Christianity.
The pope should declare water to be the official drink of Christianity.
The pope should declare air to be the official air of Christianity.

Let's see the muzzies try to avoid those things.

Apache
12-24-2010, 03:41 PM
The pope should declare the automobile to be the official symbol of Christianity.

:rolleyes:

megimoo
12-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Let's see the muzzies try to avoid those things.Aren't you feeling well,or are you trying for levity ?

M21
12-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Uhhh.. I hate to rain on the parade here but do many of you know what it is like to live as an Israeli Christian in Israel today?

From the OP. According to the journalist, "people leave because there is no work and movement is restricted under Israeli control."

If you are a Christian you will be denied immigration to Israel. It is against the law in Israel to evangelize in the name of Christ. It's not the intolerance of the Muslims there you need to be concerned with but rather the intolerance of the Zionists.

BTW- 80% of the Christians living in Israel are Arabs.

Sonnabend
12-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Coming as this does from a sympathiser of eco terrorists like Earth First, F.O.A.D.

PoliCon
12-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Uhhh.. I hate to rain on the parade here but do many of you know what it is like to live as an Israeli Christian in Israel today?

From the OP. According to the journalist, "people leave because there is no work and movement is restricted under Israeli control."

If you are a Christian you will be denied immigration to Israel. It is against the law in Israel to evangelize in the name of Christ. It's not the intolerance of the Muslims there you need to be concerned with but rather the intolerance of the Zionists.

BTW- 80% of the Christians living in Israel are Arabs.

Really? Because a minister who is a friend of mine was just awarded citizenship. :rolleyes:

FURTHERMORE Israel is soooo mean to Christians and muslims and Druze that they have 14 current members of the Knesset from these three religions THREE of which have also been deputy speaker of the Knesset. FANCY THAT!

M21
12-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Coming as this does from a sympathiser of eco terrorists like Earth First, F.O.A.D.

Woof Woof Woof..:D Peter Bethune's home for Christmas, the Japanese send their smallest fleet ever south, and recent surveys show the majority of the Japanese people are now against whaling on the high seas.

Merry Christmas.

Bleda
12-25-2010, 01:21 AM
Really? Because a minister who is a friend of mine was just awarded citizenship. :rolleyes:

FURTHERMORE Israel is soooo mean to Christians and muslims and Druze that they have 14 current members of the Knesset from these three religions THREE of which have also been deputy speaker of the Knesset. FANCY THAT!

Yep. A Christian Arab (well, I think he's a Christian. Not sure) is even on the Supreme Court, and the Druze are some of the best troops in the IDF.

Bleda
12-25-2010, 01:34 AM

The West Bank is technically not "Israel", but an autonomous Palestinian territory governed by the PA. The "movement is restricted" bit has nothing to do with Christians specifically. Israel maintains a military presence in the West Bank for security reasons.

From the article:

Other factors are the internal problems of Palestine, such as the clash between Hamas and Fatah, which has repercussions on the economic situation. Qumsieh points out that from 2002 to 2010 the Christian population of Bethlehem has dropped from over 18 thousand to 11 thousand people. In Gaza, after Hamas came to power in 2006, Christians have fallen by about 3,200 units, from 5 thousand to less than 1800 in 2010. [...]

Meanwhile, on the occasion of the celebrations for Christmas, the Israeli military has ordered troops deployed in the occupied Palestinian territories to facilitate the passage of Christian pilgrims at checkpoints. The military has also distributed a brochure explaining the importance of Christmas for Christians and is urging soldiers to avoid unnecessary discussions and obstacles at the borders with the West Bank.

Those evil Christian-hating Jews!

M21
12-25-2010, 02:39 AM
The West Bank is technically not "Israel", but an autonomous Palestinian territory governed by the PA. The "movement is restricted" bit has nothing to do with Christians specifically. Israel maintains a military presence in the West Bank for security reasons.

Yes you're right. The Israelis can have their way with them as they please. One day I hope the Christian Zionists here will care more for their Brothers and Sisters in Christ who live in Israel than they do the Jewish Nation State. Christian and Jewish Zionists are as crazy as Amedinijad wanting to speed up the return of his 12th imam.

Bleda
12-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Yes you're right. The Israelis can have their way with them as they please.

The Palestinians accepted the agreement that allowed Israel to maintain a military presence in the West Bank. That's a far cry from "Israel do whatever they please."

PoliCon
12-25-2010, 10:45 AM
The Palestinians accepted the agreement that allowed Israel to maintain a military presence in the West Bank. That's a far cry from "Israel do whatever they please."

and lets not forget that the only reason why Israel even has the west bank is because of war waged on them by their muslim neighbors. :rolleyes: But of course that's somehow wrong. How dare Israel not only survive an attack on them - but capture territory in the process. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
12-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Can the Pope declare you the official idiot of Christianity?

Yes you're right. The Israelis can have their way with them as they please. One day I hope the Christian Zionists here will care more for their Brothers and Sisters in Christ who live in Israel than they do the Jewish Nation State. Christian and Jewish Zionists are as crazy as Amedinijad wanting to speed up the return of his 12th imam.
Been channeling Gator lately? It's true that the Israelis could have their way with the Palestinians, but have chosen to withdraw from conquered territory, give them money and the means to establish their own government and even forced their own people to leave homes that they had established. In return, the Palestinians teach their children that Jews, not just Israelis, but all Jews, are evil, and to seek martyrdom in murder. Any other country would have expelled them and driven them out into the desert to die, which is pretty much what their Arab brethren did with them.

and lets not forget that the only reason why Israel even has the west bank is because of war waged on them by their muslim neighbors. :rolleyes: But of course that's somehow wrong. How dare Israel not only survive an attack on them - but capture territory in the process. :rolleyes:
Exactly.

M21
12-25-2010, 08:26 PM
My last post on the subject. This video sums up my position quite nicely. If you refuse to "get it" I can't explain it to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBBltZJYdeY