PDA

View Full Version : NYC City Hall Pushed for Mosque Near Ground Zero

Apocalypse
12-24-2010, 12:31 PM
E-mails Show City Hall Pushed for Mosque Near Ground Zero

Updated: Thursday, 23 Dec 2010, 10:27 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 23 Dec 2010, 9:50 PM EST

CHRIS HAWLEY / AP

NEW YORK (AP) - Mayor Michael Bloomberg's office worked behind the scenes to help the organizers of a mosque and community center near ground zero, intervening with city administrators to get a temporary prayer service permit and having an official ghostwrite a letter to community leaders.

E-mails released by the city Thursday document the cooperation between Bloomberg's Community Affairs Unit and the Cordoba Initiative, even as a furor erupted this year over the center's proposed existence two blocks north of ground zero. The city released the documents in response to a public-records lawsuit by Judicial Watch, a conservative group.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KJ3CZo2BRN3CgAa57QtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTEzM3M2NWM 3BHBvcwM1BHNlYwNzcgRjb2xvA2FjNAR2dGlkA1VTTkMxMV8x/SIG=140pfpfbb/EXP=1293240552/**http%3a//www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/beliefnet/e-mails-show-city-hall-pushed-for-mosque-near-ground-zero-20101223

Any one surprised that a Liberal controlled City hall acted as the PR department for this using tax payer funds?

Apache
12-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Old news. You could tell by the way Bloomingidio...burg was pushing it, there was more than meets the eye...

Calypso Jones
12-24-2010, 09:34 PM
What's wrong with our so-called leaders? At some point, might we, Americans, ask them to either protect America and Americans or just step down and work for the enemy?

m00
12-24-2010, 11:39 PM
What's wrong with out so-called leaders? At some point, might we, Americans, ask them to either protect America and Americans or just step down and work for the enemy?

Well, I don't think they work for the enemy. They simply work for themselves - to increase their own power, wealth, and privilege. It just so happens that selling us out is the fastest way to achieve that.

Apache
12-25-2010, 11:56 AM
What's wrong with our so-called leaders? At some point, might we, Americans, ask them to either protect America and Americans or just step down and work for the enemy?

Tea Party...Hello?

Odysseus
12-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Some leaders think that leadership means having disdain for those who are led. Their contempt for the mainstream leads them to embrace pretty much anyone or anything that shares their contempt. It's a slightly more twisted version of Machiavelli's dictum that my enemy's enemy is my ally. The look at America's enemies and see allies, instead of seeing enemies, because they don't see themselves as part of America.

It's times like this that I really miss Rudy Giuliani. Can you imagine his reaction to the Ground Zero Mosque if he was still in office?