PDA

View Full Version : "Thirty Foot High Guard Towers In Walmart Parking Lots To Stop Car Jacking !"

megimoo
12-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Mobile Prison Guard Towers Coming to a Walmart near You! Unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVQRMrlQ95U

Comments:
It doesn’t shock me that this would be in North Carolina. It’s a complete police state here.We jokingly call it “Police State, Rise of FEMA”. I live in a small town and police are everywhere (marked and unmarked) laying in wait looking for milk cows to pull over.

I was driving down a country road the other day and a cop and his partner were pulled over on a side street. They were out of the car and the bigger cop had his radar gun pointing at the cars driving by. He was postured as though he was holding a real gun.

I had never seen anything like it. When I told my husband he said he had the same thing happen to him the other day in the school zone up the road.

Revenue collectors. Meanwhile, drug dealers and gangs run rampant. Needless to say, I can’t wait to get the hell out of here.

Rockntractor
12-24-2010, 05:32 PM
When I told my husband he said he had the same thing happen to him the other day in the school zone up the road.

You have a husband?:eek::confused:

Novaheart
12-24-2010, 06:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVQRMrlQ95U

Comments:
It doesn’t shock me that this would be in North Carolina. It’s a complete police state here.We jokingly call it “Police State, Rise of FEMA”. I live in a small town and police are everywhere (marked and unmarked) laying in wait looking for milk cows to pull over.

I was driving down a country road the other day and a cop and his partner were pulled over on a side street. They were out of the car and the bigger cop had his radar gun pointing at the cars driving by. He was postured as though he was holding a real gun.

I had never seen anything like it. When I told my husband he said he had the same thing happen to him the other day in the school zone up the road.

Revenue collectors. Meanwhile, drug dealers and gangs run rampant. Needless to say, I can’t wait to get the hell out of here.

I wasn't aware the moon had been colonized, or is there some other place where cops aren't out of control?

BTW, Tyrone Mall (St Petersburg) has had one of those towers for a long time. I figured it was just a place for the watch commander so he could see the security vehicles actually move around or video tape or something.

And I agree. God forbid they should actually put such a police presence at the intersection of Drug Street and Thug Avenue.

PoliCon
12-24-2010, 08:06 PM
I wasn't aware the moon had been colonized, or is there some other place where cops aren't out of control?

BTW, Tyrone Mall (St Petersburg) has had one of those towers for a long time. I figured it was just a place for the watch commander so he could see the security vehicles actually move around or video tape or something.

And I agree. God forbid they should actually put such a police presence at the intersection of Drug Street and Thug Avenue.

They are putting them where the criminal element crosses with middle class suburbia. Anyhow - how out of control do people have to be to carjack people in the middle of a busy walmart parking lot? :confused:

m00
12-24-2010, 08:19 PM

You shouldn't be so racist.

Novaheart
12-24-2010, 08:23 PM
They are putting them where the criminal element crosses with middle class suburbia. Anyhow - how out of control do people have to be to carjack people in the middle of a busy walmart parking lot? :confused:

The most recent car jack here in my town took place at 4 PM at McDonald's.

Rockntractor
12-24-2010, 08:24 PM
The most recent car jack here in my town took place at 4 PM at McDonald's.

So where did you drive it too?:D

Adam Wood
12-24-2010, 08:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVQRMrlQ95UThey wouldn't be there, on private property, had not the Wal-Mart people not asked for it. Don't like it? Don't shop at Wal-Mart.

Comments:

It's called a speed trap, probably using LIDAR, and it's hardly new. It doesn't make North Carolina a police state (though I must admit I'm not too keen on their laws or their enforcement of same).

Revenue collectors. Meanwhile, drug dealers and gangs run rampant. Needless to say, I can’t wait to get the hell out of here.NOW you're getting somewhere. Our former police chief (now again returned to New Orleans) had a firm belief that he was somehow stopping crime by setting up speed traps in the middle of affluent neighborhoods to write tickets. His theory was that he would catch hardened criminals by casting out a broad dragnet of traffic enforcement. And from an extremely technical standpoint, he was correct: revenues blossomed, people doing 33 in a 30 dropped dramatically, and arrests skyrocketed. The only problem is that he wound up arresting a bunch of housewives whose $11.48 check to the grocery had bounced, thus boosting arrest rates on paper, but we had record numbers of murders and home invasions and rapes in north Nashville the entire time he had lots of officers tasked with writing tickets for doing four miles over the speed limit in low-crime areas.

It's the functional equivalent of tossing the entirety of the LAPD into Beverly Hills while South Central burns down. No actual, serious crime is stopped, but by God, Paris Hilton gets caught driving without her license.