PDA

View Full Version : DNC is threatening NO ROLL CALL vote

Elspeth
08-25-2008, 01:12 PM
This came from a PUMA in Denver. Apparently the DNC is so SCARED of Hillary that they would rather have NO roll call than the chance that she could win it. Looks like Donna Brazile is playing real hardball here:

the Big Shots are STILL planning a work-around. Now they’re talking about a closed door written vote on Wednesday morning with no established Chain of Possession. No roll call vote is the threat.

THIS is why the Hillary supporters are angry. Not because they hate Obama but because the dirty tricks the DNC is playing on its own people are of the highest order.

(In my case, I really do hate Obama. :) But I don't like anyone with zero credentials getting the big prize.)

NonConformist
08-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Sounds like some of the change they brought to congress

LoL

Elspeth
08-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Sounds like some of the change they brought to congress

LoL

Well, after all, they are the ones they have been waiting for. :rolleyes:

LibraryLady
08-25-2008, 02:42 PM
This from Hillary today:

"I will be telling my delegates that I will vote for Barack Obama," she said. "How they vote is a more personal decision. They want to have their chance to vote for me. That is what traditionally happens ... some people are having to make up their minds because there are arguments pulling them both ways."

source (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0808/No_guidance_from_Clinton.html)

Elspeth
08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
This from Hillary today:

source (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0808/No_guidance_from_Clinton.html)

That sounds about right.

Elspeth
08-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Ah, the king of "Change" has changed his mind again:

FOX is reporting that the DNC's new deal will allow HRC supporters to vote, but in the end, Obama will be nominated with acclamation by a voice vote.

No paper trail.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/25/dems-set-stage-for-show-of-unity-in-denver-but-is-there/

GrumpyOldLady
08-25-2008, 04:43 PM
No paper trail.

Sounds like typical dirty Chicago mob politics.

Welcome to the Peoples Republic of Obamanation.

The PUMAs have every right to be upset.

This whole thing should frighten the entire country.

It's a pre-view of what would come with an Obamanation.

Teetop
08-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Bu, buuuuuuu, but, what about democracy???!!!!!

:D

Elspeth
08-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Bu, buuuuuuu, but, what about democracy???!!!!!

:D

Yeah, right. What's really funny is the argument about the popular vote. Remember that Gore won the popular vote in 2000 and the Democrats tried to use that as an argument. Of course, Hillary won the popular vote of Democrats during the primaries but the Democratic leadership didn't give a damn. Democracy is something the other guy should practice.

Teetop
08-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah, right. What's really funny is the argument about the popular vote. Remember that Gore won the popular vote in 2000 and the Democrats tried to use that as an argument. Of course, Hillary won the popular vote of Democrats during the primaries but the Democratic leadership didn't give a damn. Democracy is something the other guy should practice.

Do as I say, not as I do. ;)