PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get "Decision Points" by George W. Bush for X-Mas?

SarasotaRepub
12-27-2010, 06:55 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah...sure you did... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x74285)

Kaleva (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:09 AM
Original message Anyone else get "Decision Points" by George W. Bush for X-Mas?

I did. My step-daughter and her husband, who know I'm very interested in politics but know nothing of my political leanings apparently, gave me a copy as a present.

Initech (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:34 AM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x74285#74285)

5. I would burn my copy right in front of people if they did.

Yes...that would be the mature thing to do.

Skittles (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:38 AM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x74285#74285)

6. you want I should kick some stepdaughter and husband ass, Kaleva?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gifLEMME AT 'EM

Wow, Skittles. I didn't know you were an Internet Tough Guy. :rolleyes::D

djones520
12-27-2010, 07:03 AM
God how sad these people are.

Arkana (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:54 AM
Response to Original message
10. No, thank God.
But my asshole father wants to read it.

Keep in mind he's never voted anything but straight-ticket D his entire voting life. Like, since McGovern/Shriver. He's just doing it because he knows it pushes my buttons.

lunasun (639 posts) Mon Dec-27-10 04:23 AM
16. why not just give you a lump of coal for Christmas???

Paper Roses (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 05:24 AM
19. My kids know better. What a way to spoil the day.
I'm afraid my comments would send them running. Actually, they thought **** was an idiot too.
The thought of them giving me any political book makes me laugh. They don't want to hear the tirade. We keep away from political talk because our views are so different. They all think my leanings are a little too left and I think theirs are a little too right. Hence, for us, the best solution is not to talk politics. That's OK, I can join in with friends whose ideas are more in line with my thoughts.

linda22003
12-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Not me. I got two cookbooks I wanted, The Barefoot Contessa's "How Easy Is That?" and Joan Nathan's "Quiches, Kugels and Couscous: My Search for Jewish Cooking in France". :)

bijou
12-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Not me. I got two cookbooks I wanted, The Barefoot Contessa's "How Easy Is That?" and Joan Nathan's "Quiches, Kugels and Couscous: My Search for Jewish Cooking in France". :)

Did you catch The Barefoot Contessa in London programme? I quite enjoyed it, even though some odd places were picked and better ones missed out.

NJCardFan
12-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Initech (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:34 AM

5. I would burn my copy right in front of people if they did.

Typical of liberals to burn books that don't preach their ideology. See, conservatives would have said "thank you" and moved on. Also, many conservatives like to read books written by liberals as well as conservatives because some like to see what the other side is thinking. But if we got a book from someone we didn't like, we'd just put it in a closet somewhere and forget about it.

Odysseus
12-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Typical of liberals to burn books that don't preach their ideology. See, conservatives would have said "thank you" and moved on. Also, many conservatives like to read books written by liberals as well as conservatives because some like to see what the other side is thinking. But if we got a book from someone we didn't like, we'd just put it in a closet somewhere and forget about it.

Or re-gift it. Of course, that would presume that a DUmmie would think enough of any conservative to give them a gift.

BTW, is it me or do many of these posts indicate a serious estrangement between the DUmmies and their families? The way that they refer to their family members seems pretty harsh, especially the "a**hole father" line. . I can't imagine anyone here doing that.

Zafod
12-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I wonder if any of these asshats read anything about or written by good ol Abe.
Oh thats right, according to them he was a dem.....

Adam Wood
12-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Or re-gift it. Of course, that would presume that a DUmmie would think enough of any conservative to give them a gift.

BTW, is it me or do many of these posts indicate a serious estrangement between the DUmmies and their families? The way that they refer to their family members seems pretty harsh, especially the "a**hole father" line. . I can't imagine anyone here doing that.That's been a constant through the years. These kooks are so far out of touch with reality that they just absolutely despise anyone who has even the slightest political disagreement with their warped worldview. Doesn't matter if it's family or not: disagree with them, and you're just completely worthy of any and all derision that can be heaped upon you, justified or not.

It's been a bit of a running joke over the years to exemplify this behavior in the phrase "throw the Thanksgiving tofurkey through the plate glass window." Sounds funny (and it is, really, but also sort of sad at the same time), but one of the DUmmies actually did that (at least according to their post at the time) in 2004 after Bush was re-elected. Stupid moonbat made a ludicrous stink about the evil * being re-elected and could only be enticed to Thanksgiving dinner by his (her? Can't remember now) mother with a promise that the whole family would not be so horribly cruel as to actually eat turkey, but instead they would eat tofurkey. Dumbass moonbat proceeded to throw a fit at Thanksgiving dinner when an uncle made some wisecrack about Kerry or some such, and the moonbat proceeded to cast the entire tofurkey, tray and all, through the plate glass window in the dining room on the front of the house. Then said moonbat screeched something about Bush being a war criminal and had stolen the election or some other such nonsense and stormed out of the house.

I wish I could remember who that was. The archive of that has been lost in the multiple iterations of CU since then. It was an absolutely perfect example of the DUmmy mindset.

m00
12-27-2010, 04:51 PM
So what would you guys do if someone got you Audacity of Hope?

Adam Wood
12-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Thank the person giving it to me and probably put it on a shelf somewhere.

I checked it out from the library and read it a while ago. No real interest in reading it again.

Rockntractor
12-27-2010, 04:53 PM

Read it, although I have heard it quoted so many times it would probably be redundant.

Zafod
12-27-2010, 05:13 PM

same thing I did with a book by Chomsky (sp) read it, roll my eyes, put it in a box to sell to the used book store.....

m00
12-27-2010, 05:16 PM
same thing I did with a book by Chomsky (sp) read it, roll my eyes, put it in a box to sell to the used book store.....

I think Chomsky books are well-written. I have one that's kind of like a graphic novel. It's an interesting read. I don't know personally if I could stomach an Obama novel though, if it's written anything like he talks.

I'll put it this way: I do not agree with Chomsky but I think Chomsky is intelligent, and I know intelligent people that agree with him. I do not know a single intelligent person that agrees with Obama.

Rockntractor
12-27-2010, 05:18 PM
I think Chomsky books are well-written. I have one that's kind of like a graphic novel. It's an interesting read. I don't know personally if I could stomach an Obama novel though, if it's written anything like he talks.

I'll put it this way: I do not agree with Chomsky but I think Chomsky is intelligent, and I know intelligent people that agree with him. I do not know a single intelligent person that agrees with Obama.

They weren't written by him.

m00
12-27-2010, 05:21 PM
They weren't written by him.

What do you mean?

Rockntractor
12-27-2010, 05:25 PM
What do you mean?

They were written by Bill Ayers, he has admitted to it.
I'm sorry you are on chomsky now, I thought you were still talking about Obama.

CueSi
12-27-2010, 06:14 PM

Regift it.

~QC

Madisonian
12-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Audacity of Hope or Dreams from My Father?

Would probably give them to the first homeless person I saw, for inspiration.

AmPat
12-27-2010, 06:44 PM

Thank them politely, read it eventually. Then use it as a reference as necessary. I would not spend a penny of my own on the useless piece of fiction, but I wouldn't be an ungrateful A-hole like libertards.

patriot45
12-27-2010, 07:29 PM

Haha! Too easy! Set it up at 100 yds and have at it!:D

SarasotaRepub
12-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Haha! Too easy! Set it up at 100 yds and have at it!:D

There ya go!!! :D

Odysseus
12-28-2010, 12:07 PM

Read it, highlight it, research the hell out of the claims in it, and then write a stinging rebuttal.

Shooting shooting holes in it is more fun with a computer than with a pistol. :D

Novaheart
12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xRraVcfa3GM/SLYTuxHrnDI/AAAAAAAAA9g/nj9l9QNO9go/s400/DrSeus-OneFish.gif

Odysseus
12-28-2010, 01:51 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xRraVcfa3GM/SLYTuxHrnDI/AAAAAAAAA9g/nj9l9QNO9go/s400/DrSeus-OneFish.gif

I see that you're reading at grade level. How appropriate. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
12-30-2010, 02:00 AM
What would I do with Audacity of Hope...well I need a new doorstop and one of the cabinet legs is uneven.....