PDA

View Full Version : So I gave DU a try

Wei Wu Wei
12-27-2010, 02:31 PM
That place sucks so hard.

I was banned nearly instantly for suggesting that sometimes it's better to vote 3rd party than for the major political parties. Every post I made suggesting that Democrats were just as bad as Republicans was deleted on the spot.

There were several threads posted by others about how DU is shifting over to the right, which were also purged immediately.

That stupid site might as well be owned and operated by the DNC.

A terrible waste, I never would have believed that a conservative site like CU could stand my anti-capitalist posting for an entire year, and a supposed liberal site like DU flips out and tries to sweep everything under the rug after a single day because I dared to suggest that liberals might be better off re-forming the democratic party rather than just being democrat robots.

Here's a couple of posts that were deemed Too Hot For DU:

The problem with contemporary liberalism

is that people believe that social issues like gay rights or multiculturalism is the horizon for the left, and most liberals spend very little time or effort focusing on economic issues, except for supporting things like welfare.

The root of social problems is in the social power structures and material circumstances.

Class struggle isn't just some economic fancy, it's the nature of the progression of history. Wealthy people know this, Warren Buffett outright admitted that the rich class is actively waging war against the rest of the population.

liberals need to stop focusing on 'feel good politics' and work to understand how the ever-changing economic realities are the core of our problems.

Learning algebra is not just for doing algebra

Learning algebra is not just for doing algebra

it teaches you new ways to think, ways which are very beneficial outside of the classroom

the same is true for much of philosophy

There's one more that really crossed the line where I suggested that the Democrats losing an election or two might cause them to shift back to the left in the way that the Republicans shifted to the right after 2008.

megimoo
12-27-2010, 02:36 PM
That place sucks so hard.

I was banned nearly instantly for suggesting that sometimes it's better to vote 3rd party than for the major political parties. Every post I made suggesting that Democrats were just as bad as Republicans was deleted on the spot.

There were several threads posted by others about how DU is shifting over to the right, which were also purged immediately.

That stupid site might as well be owned and operated by the DNC.

A terrible waste, I never would have believed that a conservative site like CU could stand my anti-capitalist posting for an entire year, and a supposed liberal site like DU flips out and tries to sweep everything under the rug after a single day because I dared to suggest that liberals might be better off re-forming the democratic party rather than just being democrat robots.

Here's a couple of posts that were deemed Too Hot For DU:

There's one more that really crossed the line where I suggested that the Democrats losing an election or two might cause them to shift back to the left in the way that the Republicans shifted to the right after 2008.
Who are you trying to S*it Wi Wi ? We all know that's your 'Home Town' !

Wei Wu Wei
12-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Nope. That place sucks and I haven't tried it before. Here's a few more Dangerous Posts that had to be censored from DU:

What I mean is that it's not enough to just dislike the other party

voting for the lesser of two evils is not a good reason, especially in a time like this when our society is reaching a crisis point and people are looking for anyone with an answer.

you agree with the problem in both parties, fair enough, so what do you think should be done about it?

this is the real problem. Republicans are not the enemy

in fact most people who vote Republican are working class Americans just like most of us. Working class Democrats and working class Republicans share a common adversary. This is the nature of our economic system.

this is why it's more important to stand firm against the ruling elite than it is to stand firm against Republicans. this is why, in my opinion, it's okay if Democrats lose an election or two, if they are a corporatist party side-by-side with Republicans. the left has far more sway with the Democrats than with Republicans, but right now both of these parties are standing opposed to the vast majority of working Americans.

In general, I think it's more important to try to bridge the gap between working Americans of different political stripes, and to hold firm against the other side of the class war.

So how do we send the message that we want something else?

a leftist wave voting third party in 2012 might do the trick. so what if the Republicans win, that's 2-4 years of moving to the right just a little bit fast than we would anyway if the Democrats win.

at least this way the Dem party might re-prioritize itself.

During times like this the Left needs to be active, otherwise, there is a void left where a revolution failed to occur. What happens is that proto-fascist groups step in to fill that void, offering all the rhetoric of populous movements, but ultimately siding for a marriage with big business.

If liberals just keep voting democrat because "at least they're not republicans", then they are going to keep shifting the game over and over to the right. Right now many people believe democrats are far left because the media does such a good job at framing the debate in a skewed manner. It's up to real leftist liberals to effectively and persistently push their message, establish a real leftist movement so that Obama isn't considered a Marxist, and is seen for the corporartist that he is.

BANNED@@

AmPat
12-27-2010, 02:45 PM
I guess this is another step in your heretofore lacking education. Liberals are not what liberals claim they are. Here is another lesson; We are not what liberals claim Conservatives are. Only liberal Sheeple believe liberal memes.

hampshirebrit
12-27-2010, 02:48 PM
What was your DU name?

megimoo
12-27-2010, 02:50 PM
What was your DU name?Poo Poo !

Wei Wu Wei
12-27-2010, 02:50 PM
What was your DU name?

zizekandbeck

welp it was a short run

hampshirebrit
12-27-2010, 02:58 PM
zizekandbeck

welp it was a short run

Looks like you've been renamed to "Name Removed".

Rockntractor
12-27-2010, 03:09 PM
If only they knew how badly you want to destroy this country, they would welcome you with open arms!:D

Novaheart
12-27-2010, 03:36 PM
DU and Free Republic have a great deal in common personality wise and as far as banning goes. Both have no tolerance for anyone who isn't toeing the line of the orthodoxy, and yet you won't find a copy of the orthodoxy on there.

The thing they have most in common is a lack of objectivity, and the inability to reconcile with reality the fact that their philosophy doesn't match actual conditions.

For example, you can't convince most of the people on DU that the public schools are failures and will continue to fail, because they believe that the public schools are only failing because "you" aren't agreeing with their belief system. On the flip side, you can't convince the folks at FR that you can't fix the public schools with explosive devices and bulldozers.

Rockntractor
12-27-2010, 03:47 PM
DU and Free Republic have a great deal in common personality wise and as far as banning goes. Both have no tolerance for anyone who isn't toeing the line of the orthodoxy, and yet you won't find a copy of the orthodoxy on there.

The thing they have most in common is a lack of objectivity, and the inability to reconcile with reality the fact that their philosophy doesn't match actual conditions.

For example, you can't convince most of the people on DU that the public schools are failures and will continue to fail, because they believe that the public schools are only failing because "you" aren't agreeing with their belief system. On the flip side, you can't convince the folks at FR that you can't fix the public schools with explosive devices and bulldozers.

Use only as directed, some restrictions may apply.

SarasotaRepub
12-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Wei those posts weren't bad but usually someone needs a few hundred under their belt to get away with those. I think you pushed it too hard, you should have gone to the DU state Forum for a while, the Pet Forum, Lounge, and then started hitting GD with the stuff you showed here.

I've gotten into some good fights with some of the DU regulars and survived. :D

Rockntractor
12-27-2010, 07:43 PM
I had a suicide run and survived!

m00
12-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Wei those posts weren't bad but usually someone needs a few hundred under their belt to get away with those. I think you pushed it too hard, you should have gone to the DU state Forum for a while, the Pet Forum, Lounge, and then started hitting GD with the stuff you showed here.

Yea you need to build up your street cred by making lounge posts about your homeless unemployed mentally disabled sister who got raped by Dick Cheney.

SarasotaRepub
12-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Yea you need to build up your street cred by making lounge posts about your homeless unemployed mentally disabled sister who got raped by Dick Cheney.

Ahhh..you saw my thread then. :D:D

NJCardFan
12-27-2010, 11:16 PM
I was tombstone within an hour.

enslaved1
01-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Um, have you learned nothing from a year of reading bouncies and B/W threads? We like opposing ideas, if for no other reason than remind us why we are right. :) They can't stand being questioned, and just want echos and nodding heads to whatever makes them feel good.

Zafod
01-05-2011, 12:40 PM

just snotted up my coffee.

noonwitch
01-05-2011, 01:07 PM

I haven't posted over there for a while, but I never got banned because I had been there a long time. I just don't have the energy to deal with the stupidity over there.

I suggested that doctors should not perform sex-change operations, and told them "I'm a 5'2" ballerina in my mind, but if I asked the doctor to shave 8 inches off my height, I'd be locked up". UP tried to get me banned, but was not successful. Then s/he posted a picture of some girl and said it was the fault of people like me that this girl committed suicide.

I was very clear that I didn't think that trannies were sick for wanting to change their gender, but that it was probably better for their bodies in the long run to deal with their urges by cross dressing, not by getting their stuff cut off. I pointed out that it's not just one operation, it means a lifetime of surgeries to maintain the female appearance, and that is so unnecessary.

Novaheart
01-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I haven't posted over there for a while, but I never got banned because I had been there a long time. I just don't have the energy to deal with the stupidity over there.

I suggested that doctors should not perform sex-change operations, and told them "I'm a 5'2" ballerina in my mind, but if I asked the doctor to shave 8 inches off my height, I'd be locked up". UP tried to get me banned, but was not successful. Then s/he posted a picture of some girl and said it was the fault of people like me that this girl committed suicide.

I was very clear that I didn't think that trannies were sick for wanting to change their gender, but that it was probably better for their bodies in the long run to deal with their urges by cross dressing, not by getting their stuff cut off. I pointed out that it's not just one operation, it means a lifetime of surgeries to maintain the female appearance, and that is so unnecessary.

I got into similar hot water. The problem over there is that there is a consensus orthodoxy determined by the loudest mouths with the most time on their hands. And like some other folks, if it's written in a book and they agree with it, then it's gospel.

My opinions on transexualism were:

1- Some of the best adjusted trannies I have known, have never taken hormones or had surgery.

2- That there seemed to be a logical breakdown between declaring that "gender" by which they mean tradition male or female behavior is "fluid" or "cultural" , their refusal to accept that "sex" is a scientific word with a fixed meaning, and the fact that so many of the transexuals express their transexualism by affecting the most stereotypical gender behavior imaginable.

3- That children should not be given drugs or surgery regardless of what they think their sex or gender is.

4- That adults should be able to identify as transgender without feeling the need to identify as a member of the opposite sex.

5- That post op transexuals should disclose their nature to a sex or romantic partner prior to doing anything which might make a person feel tricked.