PDA

View Full Version : Chris Liu: I am the YouTube airline pilot

megimoo
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
SACRAMENTO, CA - An airline pilot is being disciplined by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for posting video on YouTube pointing out what he believes are serious flaws in airport security.

Update: Chris Liu: 'I am the YouTube pilot'
http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=114138&catid=2

The 50-year-old pilot, who lives outside Sacramento, asked that neither he nor his airline be identified. He has worked for the airline for more than a decade and was deputized by the TSA to carry a gun in the cockpit.

He is also a helicopter test pilot in the Army Reserve and flew missions for the United Nations in Macedonia.

Three days after he posted a series of six video clips recorded with a cell phone camera at San Francisco International Airport, four federal air marshals and two sheriff's deputies arrived at his house to confiscate his federally-issued firearm. The pilot recorded that event as well and provided all the video to News10.

At the same time as the federal marshals took the pilot's gun, a deputy sheriff asked him to surrender his state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=113529

m00
12-28-2010, 05:59 PM
"At the same time as the federal marshals took the pilot's gun, a deputy sheriff asked him to surrender his state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon."

I wonder under what authority they did this.

megimoo
12-28-2010, 09:18 PM
"At the same time as the federal marshals took the pilot's gun, a deputy sheriff asked him to surrender his state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon."

I wonder under what authority they did this.The almighty Fed can do anything it chooses !

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I'd've required them to provide a reason for surrendering the state permit.

m00
12-28-2010, 09:46 PM
I'd've required them to provide a reason for surrendering the state permit.

Well, the reason is they have the badges and the ability to arrest you for "obstruction of justice" or "assaulting an officer" or some such other nonsense. One thing I've learned is not to argue with a cop (or even ask questions such as "under what law are you doing X"), even if I'm right. :p

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Well, the reason is they have the badges and the ability to arrest you for "obstruction of justice" or "assaulting an officer" or some such other nonsense. One thing I've learned is not to argue with a cop (or even ask questions such as "under what law are you doing X"), even if I'm right. :p

I would have just said - My lawyer has it.

m00
12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I would have just said - My lawyer has it.

In the county where I went to school, that would get my hands broken. :p

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
In the county where I went to school, that would get my hands broken. :p

Yes but that was how many centuries ago? ;) :D :p

Rockntractor
12-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Yes but that was how many centuries ago? ;) :D :p

He is like three years older than you are you dope!:rolleyes:

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
He is like three years older than you are you dope!:rolleyes:

More than that. He's in a whole different generation and demographic than I am. FURTHERMORE I'm certain he graduated LAST century. :p

m00
12-28-2010, 10:48 PM
More than that. He's in a whole different generation and demographic than I am. FURTHERMORE I'm certain he graduated LAST century. :p

Graduated college 2001! Muahaha!

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Graduated college 2001! Muahaha!

Yea college. :p

m00
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Yea college. :p

Baltimore County, Md. The joke was you let the cops beat you because if you covered your face then it was resisting arrest and they could shoot you. :p

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Baltimore County, Md. The joke was you let the cops beat you because if you covered your face then it was resisting arrest and they could shoot you. :p

I thought they only shot minorities . . . .

m00
12-28-2010, 11:00 PM
I thought they only shot minorities . . . .

Well, the black cops shot white kids. It's called "reparations."

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Well, the black cops shot white kids. It's called "reparations."

ah I see. :D Never having been in the city of Baltimore - or arrested for that matter - I did not know that.

m00
12-29-2010, 12:17 AM
ah I see. :D Never having been in the city of Baltimore - or arrested for that matter - I did not know that.

I've never been arrested either. Just "hassled" a lot. Although one of my friends did get his hands broken. :p