PDA

View Full Version : Obama, Clinton 'most admired' in 2010

megimoo
12-28-2010, 02:04 PM
WASHINGTON - US PRESIDENT Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were the 'most admired' man and woman in the United States in 2010, according to an annual Gallup poll.

Mr Obama led the field of male candidates with 22 per cent, followed by former presidents George W. Bush (five per cent) and Bill Clinton (four per cent).

They were followed by post-Apartheid South African leader Nelson Mandela and Microsoft founder Bill Gates, each with two per cent.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/World/Story/STIStory_618093.html

Calypso Jones
12-28-2010, 02:33 PM
I REALLY find this hard to believe.

megimoo
12-28-2010, 02:44 PM
It all depends on whom they poll !Sounds like they polled both DU and Huffington .

The survey was carried out on Dec 10-12 with a random sample of 1,019 adults living in the continental United States. It has a margin of error of plus or minus four per cent. --

lacarnut
12-28-2010, 03:41 PM
I would like to know what happened to the other 65%. That poll only accounts for 35% between the top 5.
Weird or crooked...take your pick.

megimoo
12-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I would like to know what happened to the other 65%. That poll only accounts for 35% between the top 5.
Weird or crooked...take your pick.Liberal fudge factor ?

ralph wiggum
12-28-2010, 03:52 PM

It sounds like they polled the same people that Howard Stern finds on the streets of Manhattan or Jay Leno picks out for that "Jaywalking" segment. I haven't heard/seen either in a long time, but I assume they still do such a segment on their respective shows.

AmPat
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Who in the %^@$# can admire a known Marxist POC if not another Marxist?:mad:

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Sarah Palin and Oprah Winfrey are closely matched behind Clinton
by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- President Barack Obama is Americans' Most Admired Man of 2010, substantially ahead of the former presidents, iconic religious leaders, and others who fill out the top 10 list. Obama first became Americans' Most Admired Man in 2008, shortly after his election as the nation's 44th president, and has held the title since then.

Most Admired Man -- 2010 Top 10

Obama is the runaway favorite for Most Admired Man among Democrats nationwide: 46% choose him, followed by 7% who pick Bill Clinton and 5% Nelson Mandela. Obama also leads among independents, with 17%, but ranks second among Republicans behind George W. Bush.

2010 Most Admired Man, by Party ID

Sitting presidents have dominated Gallup's Most Admired Man poll over the years, achieving No. 1 in 52 out of 64 measures since Gallup initiated the question in 1946.

The 22% of Americans naming Obama this year as the man they most admire of any living man in the world is typical for presidents in their second year of office. However, Obama does less well this year than in previous years. The 30% naming him in 2009 was among the highest for recent presidents in their first year in office. The 32% naming Obama in December 2008 was extraordinarily high for a president-elect, similar to the percentage seen for Dwight Eisenhower.

CONTINUED (http://www.gallup.com/poll/145394/Barack-Obama-Hillary-Clinton-2010-Admired.aspx)

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:21 PM
So um . . . 22% of Americans admire him. I wonder how many of that 22% are some sort of hyphenated American.

All this says to me is that Conservatives think for themselves and the left walks in lock step.

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Um . . . different articles there rock.

Rockntractor
12-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Um . . . different articles there rock.

Now Showing, together at last. Minimoo (Policon) and Megimoo star in "Most Admired In 2010.

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Now Showing, together at last. Minimoo (Policon) and Megimoo star in "Most Admired In 2010.

Funny how you merged 2 different articles in this case - but in another case where it was the SAME article you refused to do so. A little biased there goatboy? :p Fact of the matter is - I went to the source. Moo posted third hand.

Rockntractor
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Funny how you merged 2 different articles in this case - but in another case where it was the SAME article you refused to do so. A little biased there goatboy? :p Fact of the matter is - I went to the source. Moo posted third hand.

I think in the case you are talking about I didn't have both forums at the time, Now let the discussion begin!

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 10:56 PM
I think in the case you are talking about I didn't have both forums at the time, Now let he discussion begin!

excuses excuses excuses. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
12-28-2010, 11:00 PM
excuses excuses excuses. :rolleyes:

Yours added that little something Moo's didn't have, detailed information!:D

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Yours added that little something Moo's didn't have, detailed information!:D
HOW SHOCKING!:rolleyes:

Rockntractor
12-28-2010, 11:10 PM
No one is believing the poll any way, I don't think you would get that result if you took a poll in a bar where the media hangs out in Los Angeles!

PoliCon
12-28-2010, 11:17 PM
No one is believing the poll any way, I don't think you would get that result if you took a poll in a bar where the media hangs out in Los Angeles!

no no - I think it's real and accurate. 22% is about equal to those in this country who identify as 'liberals.' It also confirms that the left do not think for themselves. Notice in the poll that the next highest person George Bush got named by 5% and that the last person on the poll was only named by 1% so the vast majority of people picked very random people who just did not make the poll results.