Zafod
12-28-2010, 05:24 PM
http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/226427.asp

lol

Rockntractor
12-28-2010, 06:23 PM
http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/226427.asp

lol

Well heck don't that just beat all! You couldn't do it with a bushel of apples!:D

Zafod
12-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Well heck don't that just beat all! You couldn't do it with a bushel of apples!:D

eat it you mac snobs!!

hampshirebrit
12-28-2010, 06:44 PM
eat it you mac snobs!!

Y-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-w ......

...nnnn

Sorry, I fell asleep in the middle of yawning.

So what. Jobs hasn't owned Pixar since Disney acquired it in '06.

Rockntractor
12-28-2010, 06:46 PM

...nnnn

Did you miss your nap today, old guy?:confused:

Zafod

...nnnn

Thats not the point....

did you even read it?

nope, you didnt.

Zafod
Did you miss your nap today, old guy?:confused:

old guy?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Rockntractor
12-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Thats not the point....

did you even read it?

nope, you didnt.

I think the page is still opening for him, it takes a while for him to open an entire page, even with images turned off.

hampshirebrit
12-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Thats not the point....

did you even read it?

nope, you didnt.

Did too. SFW...

It says RenderMan likes Windows Azure because it's "stable". Big whoop. How long did it take them, this "stable". :rolleyes:

Zafod
12-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Did too. SFW...

It says RenderMan likes Windows Azure because it's "stable". Big whoop. How long did it take them, this "stable". :rolleyes:

they went that route because mac clustering blows....

but go ahead and keep worshiping jobs and giving him tons of money for the same product with a new number on the box....

Zafod
12-28-2010, 09:52 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rockntractor
12-28-2010, 09:59 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wow! a quad core rolleyes.

Novaheart
12-28-2010, 10:01 PM
eat it you mac snobs!!

I might if I hadn't read the comments, if I understood it completely and if I gave a shit.

Zafod
12-28-2010, 11:00 PM
I cant think of anything to say about it so I am just going to stick out my tongue.
fixerated

Odysseus
12-29-2010, 11:33 AM
It's not that big a deal in terms of PC vs. MAC debates, but it does have some great implications for high-end computer functions. Cloud computing simply substitutes computers linked on the internet for locally linked systems, which gives you the advantage of renting processor time instead of buying it, and therefore allows an exponential increase in the potential number of processors applied to a given problem. The proof of concept offered here, a render farm, is a great application of the technology.

A render farm is when you have a bunch of networked computers working on the same problem, in order to speed up the solution by increasing the number of processors that can solve it. It's common in digital animation, because the rendering of individual images requires calculating a solution for each pixel of the image, based on the light-sources and types, the textures of the objects, and a host of other variables. The program has to literally trace each ray of light from its source to its object and calculate the color values of each pixel. The more complex the image, the more processing is required to render it in the same amount of time. Basically, what Pixar has done is set up a conventional render farm, except that the processors are linked over the internet instead of being on a single domain within a physical plant, the way that they used to do it.

The upside, is that you have tremendous processor capabilities being thrown at increasingly complex problems. The downside is that everyone on the cloud will be able to see what is being done (imagine Pixar trying to keep the ending of a movie secret when hundreds of thousands of users are rendering the images) and one virus can do tremendous damage (imagine Dreamworks or some other studio getting ahold of a Stuxnet-style virus and doing some industrial sabotage to Pixar).

Eventually, of course, it will become self-aware and trigger a massive missile launch against us, but until then, it will render the images brilliantly. :D

Zafod
12-29-2010, 11:36 AM
and macs dont work well in farms......

Novaheart
12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
and macs dont work well in farms......

I don't either. Thank god for field hands.

Zafod
12-29-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't either. Thank god for field hands.

good God!, you are a idiot.

Novaheart
12-29-2010, 12:36 PM
good God!, you are a idiot.

That must be it.

Odysseus
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
That must be it.

That is the general consensus.

FBIGuy
12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
100 percent of homosexuals on CU agree, buy a Mac.

Odysseus
12-29-2010, 03:13 PM

Does that mean that if you can handle either platform, you're bi, or if you are on a computer with an emulation mode, you're a trannie? :rolleyes:

FBIGuy
12-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Does that mean that if you can handle either platform, you're bi, or if you are on a computer with an emulation mode, you're a trannie? :rolleyes:

I know more than a few Mac users who spend the majority of their time running Windows 7. Perhaps they need processor reassignment.

Zafod
12-29-2010, 04:48 PM

I can "handle" both. I just cant stand how fucking snotty mac people are. I was helping my future mother in law with her macbook. had to take it to the mac store for service parts. I refered to it as a "laptop" and the shit stick put his hand on my arm and said "its not a laptop, its a portable computer"..... I left without the parts.....

Madisonian
12-29-2010, 08:46 PM
I can "handle" both. I just cant stand how fucking snotty mac people are. I was helping my future mother in law with her macbook. had to take it to the mac store for service parts. I refered to it as a "laptop" and the shit stick put his hand on my arm and said "its not a laptop, its a portable computer"..... I left without the parts.....

Wouldn't that make it a (gasp, choke, gag) PC?

I have never used a Mac because in my line of business, software is written for Windows based systems and I have talked to the software OEMs and even a Mac running virtual PC on a dual boot system will not run their stuff.
So until a Mac can run Rockwell, Mitsubishi, Siemens, Schneider and other legacy PLC software it is as useless as the original IBM PC-XT or Commodore 64 I have in the attic.

Rockntractor
12-29-2010, 08:56 PM

Hamps is straight, it was only an olive oil bottle, sure it was flamboyant but he bought it to keep oil in, not just to display!:eek:

Novaheart
12-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Wouldn't that make it a (gasp, choke, gag) PC?

I'm not the official MAc historian , but the "not a laptop" thing goes back many years. I can't remember the particulars, but there was some complaint about the ergonomics of the Lombard or one of the older notebooks, and Apple's response was, 'It's not a laptop, it's a notebook." Perhaps Apple's notorious legal department didn't want to suggest that something which might catch fire should sit in your lap.

Rockntractor
12-29-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm not the official MAc historian , but the "not a laptop" thing goes back many years. I can't remember the particulars, but there was some complaint about the ergonomics of the Lombard or one of the older notebooks, and Apple's response was, 'It's not a laptop, it's a notebook." Perhaps Apple's notorious legal department didn't want to suggest that something which might catch fire should sit in your lap.
I had an HP catch a pillow on fire when my wifes was using the GPS and a map program on vacation one time.

Zafod
12-30-2010, 08:19 AM
I had an HP catch a pillow on fire when my wifes was using the GPS and a map program on vacation one time.

It's because they are so POWERFUL!!!!! :rolleyes: