PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Strips Gun Owners of Concealed Carry Privilege

megimoo
12-29-2010, 07:21 AM
SNIP
The recent blizzard that hammered North Carolina is also taking its toll on the state’s law abiding gun owners. Citizens possessing concealed carry permits who are caught packing heat during the “state of emergency” will be subject to criminal charges, per the state’s firearms law.

On Christmas Day, Lt. Governor Walter Dalton, in consultation with Governor Bev Perdue, called in the National Guard as snow covered every county in the state. Once a state of emergency is declared, concealed carry permits become null and void, and those who aren’t familiar with this bizarre stipulation in the law are subject to arrest and criminal prosecution:

It is also a misdemeanor under North Carolina law for a person to transport or possess, off his or her own premises, a dangerous weapon in an area during a declared state of emergency, or in the vicinity of a riot. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-288.7

http://nannystateliberationfront.net/2010/12/28/blizzard-strips-gun-owners-of-concealed-carry-privilege/

Calypso Jones
12-29-2010, 09:01 AM
she started this back earlier this year when there was flooding or storms or something. NC'ers let her get away with it. It's only gonna get worse. Meanwhile the bridge going over to Hatteras, the Bonner Bridge, is rated a 2 out of 100 for safety.

NJCardFan
12-29-2010, 11:13 AM
she started this back earlier this year when there was flooding or storms or something. NC'ers let her get away with it. It's only gonna get worse. Meanwhile the bridge going over to Hatteras, the Bonner Bridge, is rated a 2 out of 100 for safety.

Still? It snowed here Sunday and the roads are pretty much 100% clear. A little plowing, salt, and sun go a long way. This reminds me of 2002 when NC was hit by an ice storm. I lived in Durham and was without electric for 8 days...and we were some of the lucky ones.

Novaheart
12-29-2010, 01:20 PM
This kind of bullshit drives me crazy. Now I have to check Florida law to see what it says. The whole purpose of having a gun is to protect your family, yourself, your business, etc...

It's like the ridiculous restriction that says, not that you can't carry while you are drunk, but that you can't carry in a bar. Walking from a bar to the car is where a lot of people get jumped.

megimoo
12-29-2010, 01:22 PM
This kind of bullshit drives me crazy. Now I have to check Florida law to see what it says. The whole purpose of having a gun is to protect your family, yourself, your business, etc...

It's like the ridiculous restriction that says, not that you can't carry while you are drunk, but that you can't carry in a bar. Walking from a bar to the car is where a lot of people get jumped.Either stay sober or hire a body guard !