PDA

View Full Version : Actor R. Lee Ermey Hammers Obama Administration: ‘They’re destroying this country’

CueSi
12-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Actor R. Lee Ermey Hammers Obama Administration: ‘They’re destroying this country' (http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2010/12/29/actor-r-lee-ermey-hammers-obama-administration-theyre-destroying-this-country/)

by John Nolte
BigHollywood.com

EXCERPT:

Most people recognize retired U.S. Marine Corps drill instructor R. Lee Ermey from his iconic turn as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick’s 1987 Vietnam film “Full Metal Jacket.” Ever since he’s been a familiar, welcome, and energetic character actor popping up regularly in a number of films ranging from “Mississippi Burning” to the horribly underrated “Saving Silverman.” Currently he can be seen as the host of Lock N’ Load with R. Lee Ermey on the History Channel and in a hilarious Geico commerical.

According to YouTube, the video below is from an appearance earlier this month in Indianapolis to benefit the USO and Toys for Tots, one of my personal favorite charities started by Marine reservists in 1947 to collect Christmas toys for needy children in Los Angeles. Over the last 60 years it’s grown into one of the most respected charities in the world, delivering hundreds of millions of toys to tens of millions of kids.

Enjoy the video. Ermey obviously knows his audience for they ate up every word of it. The good stuff starts at right around the 1:30 mark and there’s a transcript below the fold.

(Link in Title)

~QC

hampshirebrit
12-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Great find, QC. He's a class act.

Kay
12-29-2010, 08:49 PM
I love it!
I've emailed to everyone I know.

Adam Wood
12-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Obama is officially a jackwagon. :D

CueSi
12-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Obama is officially a jackwagon. :D

I SOOOOO wish he'd of said that! :D

"Obama, you jackwagon...."

~QC

PoliCon
12-29-2010, 10:07 PM
BRAVO! Mr. Ermey, BRAVO!

Satanicus
12-30-2010, 08:14 AM
What a idiot.

He says Obama had alot to do with the bad economy.

We now have positive GDP and job growth , the DOW has recovered , ...the exact opposite was taking place when Obama took office , this fucking idiot can't figure out shit.

He thinks it was better under Bush , LOL

He claims by turing those numbers around to positive growth Obama is "ruining this country"

What a anti american idiot , I would smack the shit out of that fool.

Bailey
12-30-2010, 08:31 AM
What a idiot.

We now have positive GDP and job growth , the DOW has recovered , ...the exact opposite was taking place when Obama took office , this fucking idiot can't figure out shit.

He claims by turing those numbers around to positive growth Obama is "ruining this country"

I'd bet he could kick your ass. Well my neice could kick your ass so thats not saying much I grant you.

AmPat
12-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Satanicus[/B];352250]What a idiot.Yes, you are. Please let us label you though, it has more validity.

He says Obama had alot to do with the bad economy.Actually he said the present "administration'" but yes, O Blah Blah is your idiot captain so he gets the blame.

We now have positive GDP and job growth , the DOW has recovered , ...the exact opposite was taking place when Obama took office , this fucking idiot can't figure out shit.Blind squirrel finds nut, big deal. The economy is trash and your stupid assertion doesn't change that. This economy would have recovered either the same or most likely quicker without the massive handouts to O Blah Blah's favorite backers like the Unions.

He thinks it was better under Bush , LOLLaugh away moron, the whole country was better under Bush

He claims by turing those numbers around to positive growth Obama is "ruining this country"Lack of comprehension and liberal retards go hand in hand. He said nothing of the sort, you did. The turning around of what exactly and what job growth. The small numbers that have been reported are in SPITE of O Blah Blah and his useless minions, not because of.

What a anti american idiot , I would smack the shit out of that fool.:rolleyes: *DUmbicus thumps his bird chest*

He's more American than you will ever be. I'd like to see you even look at him with intent in your eyes. He'd crush you immediately and all of us know it.

Satanicus
12-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Laugh away moron, the whole country was better under Bush
Ya , OK.

m00
12-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Ya , OK.

I have to say, I completely disagreed with a majority of Bush's policies. What I disagreed with mainly under Bush was things like warrantless wiretaps and the erosion for 4th amendment protections and "secret government." I assume you also disagreed with President Bush on these issues. But hasn't Obama been way worse? A lot of articles I've read from the EFF and the ACLU seem to indicate that he is.

AmPat
12-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Ya , OK.
Eight million unemployed under O Blah Blah agree with me.

obx
12-30-2010, 10:45 AM
What a idiot.

I would smack the shit out of that fool.

I would PAY to watch you try.

Adam Wood
12-30-2010, 10:56 AM
What a idiot.

What a anti american idiot , I would smack the shit out of that fool.Holy shit. How did you get this stupid? Are you absolutely incapable of honesty? Sure seems like it.

Adam Wood
12-30-2010, 10:58 AM
I would PAY to watch you try.
Me, too.

Ticket line starts over here. ------------------------->

Satanicus, you're a jackwagon.

Crybaby.

Novaheart
12-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Me, too.

Ticket line starts over here. ------------------------->

Satanicus, you're a jackwagon.

Crybaby.

Care to comment on the propriety of making political rabble rousing at a fundraiser for Toys For Tots and the USO? I know that some have deluded themselves that the USM is all GOP but they would be wrong. Moreover, the people who support TFT and USO are far from all GOP. Just bad form if you ask me, which you didn't.

Adam Wood
12-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Care to comment on the propriety of making political rabble rousing at a fundraiser for Toys For Tots and the USO? I know that some have deluded themselves that the USM is all GOP but they would be wrong. Moreover, the people who support TFT and USO are far from all GOP. Just bad form if you ask me, which you didn't.If I understand it correctly, Toys for Tots is a private entity, not a part of the Marine Corps. As such, they may have whatever political speaker they choose.

gator
12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
It is interesting that Ermey is getting anti Obama religion nowadays.

First of all he is a fake. He never earned the right of being a Gunnery Sergeant in the Marine Corps while on active duty. His title of “Gunny” (Honorary) has been handed to him by the Public relations Department of the Marine Corps. He was discharged as an E-6. Although he served in Vietnam he never saw combat. His job was to go pick up the Vietnamese Mamasaun workers every day at Da Nang.

Second of all he has starred in one of the filthiest anti military movies ever made; Full Metal Jacket. He also worked in movies with Left Wing anti military actors like Susan Sarandon and Shaun Penn. Let us also not forget he played the role of a queer and kissed another man on screen.

The reason why I don’t take him seriously is that on his TV show he use to brag about union made American products. He even had a cheer for that. Maybe if he had thought a little bit he would have understood how the unions were Obama’s biggest contributor.

The guy is a fake. Marines love him for some unknown reason but he is a product of Hollywood and the Marine Corps Public Relations Department.

His opinion means nothing to me. He needs to learn to put his ass where is mouth is befre I start taking his opinions seriously.

Satanicus
12-30-2010, 03:38 PM
It is interesting that Ermey is getting anti Obama religion nowadays.

First of all he is a fake. He never earned the right of being a Gunnery Sergeant in the Marine Corps while on active duty. His title of “Gunny” (Honorary) has been handed to him by the Public relations Department of the Marine Corps. He was discharged as an E-6. Although he served in Vietnam he never saw combat. His job was to go pick up the Vietnamese Mamasaun workers every day at Da Nang.

Second of all he has starred in one of the filthiest anti military movies ever made; Full Metal Jacket. He also worked in movies with Left Wing anti military actors like Susan Sarandon and Shaun Penn. Let us also not forget he played the role of a queer and kissed another man on screen.

The reason why I don’t take him seriously is that on his TV show he use to brag about union made American products. He even had a cheer for that. Maybe if he had thought a little bit he would have understood how the unions were Obama’s biggest contributor.

The guy is a fake. Marines love him for some unknown reason but he is a product of Hollywood and the Marine Corps Public Relations Department.

His opinion means nothing to me. He needs to learn to put his ass where is mouth is befre I start taking his opinions seriously.

most repubs are frauds , not really shocked.

Bailey
12-30-2010, 03:43 PM

Hey dickhead he served his country, you haven't.

Mods this is a slap to vets and I'm calling for him and Gator to be banned

Satanicus
12-30-2010, 03:47 PM

Ya , gator only has 25,000 posts

Your empty complaints and crying about a fraud is gonna get him banned ?

Fat chance

Bailey
12-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Ya , gator only has 25,000 posts

Your empty complaints and crying about a fraud is gonna get him banned ?

Fat chance

Hey douche nozzle you're not allowed to slander vets...period and Herr Gator has in the past so stfu

gator
12-30-2010, 04:12 PM

You do know that I am the one that originally started that rule, don't you? I can assure you that the rule never was intended to be applied to criticism of R. Lee Ermey for kissing another man on screen.

gator
12-30-2010, 04:16 PM

True, as are all Democrats. That is why I most closely align myself with the Constitution Party although I will occasional vote for a Republican if they don’t have their head up their ass.

Zafod
12-30-2010, 04:20 PM
can I smack satty around? please?

I have been training real hard.

please!!??

Zafod
12-30-2010, 05:51 PM
http://oi37.tinypic.com/t6y0lf.jpg

hampshirebrit
12-30-2010, 05:54 PM

Call away, n00b, knock yourself the fuck out.

You do not get to decide who gets banned from CU and who doesn't. I barely know you. Hardly anyone knows you that well here that you can make such a demand.

When you have a bit more time on CU other than your seven hundred and forty-one posts you might get to have more of a say.

Until then, don't waste my goddamn time.

Zafod
12-30-2010, 06:05 PM

You do not get to decide who gets banned from CU and who doesn't. I barely know you. Hardly anyone knows you that well here that you can make such a demand.

When you have a bit more time on CU other than your seven hundred and forty-one posts you might get to have more of a say.

that was good. :)

Apache
12-30-2010, 06:07 PM

Lemme guess....bad spotted dick :confused:

:p

PoliCon
12-30-2010, 06:09 PM
What a idiot.

Who the fuck let your idiot ass back in? :rolleyes:

Apache
12-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Who the fuck let your idiot ass back in? :rolleyes:

I told you to move that glue-trap, but NOOO... :rolleyes:

PoliCon
12-30-2010, 06:24 PM
I told you to move that glue-trap, but NOOO... :rolleyes:

and I told you glue traps are worthless with this kind of infestation. :mad: If you had let me use the flamethrower like I wanted we'd not be having this discussion now. :mad:

Constitutionally Speaking
12-30-2010, 06:34 PM
What a idiot.

What happened under Bush was a TEMPORARY slowdown that was made MUCH worse by the Democrat (mostly) policies in the housing industry. EVEN WITH the mortgage crisis we would have been out of the woods by the middle of 2009 (LONG before any of Obama's policies had the chance to affect ANYTHING). But then Obama's "stimulus" kicked in and things stagnated.

Adam Wood
12-30-2010, 06:54 PM
and I told you glue traps are worthless with this kind of infestation. :mad: If you had let me use the flamethrower like I wanted we'd not be having this discussion now. :mad:

Glue traps? Flamethrowers? No wonder you're having a hard time controlling the infestation.

Here:

http://i54.tinypic.com/raykk3.jpg

That'll fix the problem right up.

Apache
12-30-2010, 07:01 PM

Last time it took 8 months for your eyebrows to stop smoking :eek:

Apache
12-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Glue traps? Flamethrowers? No wonder you're having a hard time controlling the infestation.

Here:

http://i54.tinypic.com/raykk3.jpg

That'll fix the problem right up.

You're cleaning the mess :cool:

Kay
12-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Let us also not forget he played the role of a queer and kissed another man on screen.

This is the first I've heard of this. :eek:
What movie was that in Gator?

AmPat
12-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Guys, guys. Have you tried scatttering a few facts around? That has been known to scatter large herds of liberal sheeple.

Adam Wood
12-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Guys, guys. Have you tried scatttering a few facts around? That has been known to scatter large herds of liberal sheeple.

Brilliant! I hadn't thought of that.

Though I do have to note that Stupidicus seems to be immune to facts, so it apparently doesn't work on all of them.

PoliCon
12-30-2010, 07:22 PM
You're cleaning the mess :cool:

agreed. :D

PoliCon
12-30-2010, 07:23 PM

satanicus is a master at fact avoidance. He swallows leftist talking points like they're gospel truth - but he just can't bring himself to ingest facts. :( it's sad really.

Bailey
12-30-2010, 07:45 PM

I hardly care what you say (no i don't care are all really) glad to see the rules being enforced.

gator
12-30-2010, 08:08 PM
This is the first I've heard of this. :eek:
What movie was that in Gator?

Saving Silverman. He plays a homo coach and he kisses Jack Black.

Kay
12-30-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm glad I have not seen that one.
I'd never be able to look at him the same again.

There was a movie back in the 80's called Deathtrap with Michael Cain
and Christopher Reeve. They were gay and kissed in that and I never
could stand to watch either of them again. Grose-a-roo.

gator
12-30-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm glad I have not seen that one.
I'd never be able to look at him the same again.

There was a movie back in the 80's called Deathtrap with Michael Cain
and Christopher Reeve. They were gay and kissed in that and I never
could stand to watch either of them again. Grose-a-roo.

You mean Superman is really Superfag?

Ermey claims he did it for the money. When asked about it he says "wouldn't you kiss Jack Black for $150,000"? My answer is "hell no"!!

What I don’t like is he worked on Full Metal Jacket, which is probably the worst anti military film ever made. Also working with Penn and Sarandon in Dead Man Walking should piss off any Conservative.

His rant against Obama is a little late to claim some kind of high ground. He sold his soul to the Left Wingers for money a long time ago.

m00
12-30-2010, 09:11 PM
What I don’t like is he worked on Full Metal Jacket, which is probably the worst anti military film ever made.

Oh, cool you so prefer Dr. Strangelove. :D

gator
12-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh, cool you so prefer Dr. Strangelove. :D

Dr Strangelove was anti war. FMJ was anti military. Just listen carefully to Joker's voice over dialogue.

Kay
12-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Gator, yeah I agree FMJ was an anti-military movie,
but still the first half of it is one of my favorite all time clips.

He said in real life that it was just acting a part, like R Lee said.
Go to YouTube and put in Deathtrap Kiss - watch the one that
says "Gay Kiss From". I don't want to embed it here and risk
giving Novaheart a hard on. It creeps me out.

Wei Wu Wei
12-31-2010, 03:35 AM
NEWFLASH: Oscar The Grouch Offers Opinion on American Foreign Policy

NEWS AT 11!!

also - Lady gaga on the Israel-Palestine situation. tonight!

Wei Wu Wei
12-31-2010, 03:38 AM
can I smack satty around? please?

I have been training real hard.

please!!??

I think assigning special avatars and sigs is much more appropriate than banning or other such measures.

it's funnier too.

just my 2 cents

m00
12-31-2010, 03:40 AM

NEWS AT 11!!

That was pretty funny. :p

Constitutionally Speaking
12-31-2010, 06:19 AM

Ermey claims he did it for the money. When asked about it he says "wouldn't you kiss Jack Black for $150,000"? My answer is "hell no"!!

What I don’t like is he worked on Full Metal Jacket, which is probably the worst anti military film ever made. Also working with Penn and Sarandon in Dead Man Walking should piss off any Conservative.

His rant against Obama is a little late to claim some kind of high ground. He sold his soul to the Left Wingers for money a long time ago.

Throwing the politics out, how good of a job did they do in the battle for Hue? You were part of that battle, weren't you?

gator
12-31-2010, 10:05 AM
Throwing the politics out, how good of a job did they do in the battle for Hue? You were part of that battle, weren't you?

They really didn’t do a good job on anything in the movie. The platoon was portrayed as a bunch of losers with incompetent leadership. Remember you had the stupid kid killing the poor poor Vietnamese girl soldier as she was wounded and then he bragged about what a hard nose Marine he was. Afterwards the troops go marching down the street singing Mickey Mouse. The Vietnamese girl was portrayed as a patriot fighting the invaders but the Marines were portrayed as stupid and inept psychos.

The movie was a hatchet job on the military on several different levels. Everybody was entertained by Ermey’s performance but Kubrick was making fun of him. Listen to Joker’s commentary about being in boot camp. It is not flattering to the military. In fact it was downright disgusting. The real message was only dumbass losers allowed themselves to be manipulated by the military.

Remember that Pvt Pyle was a psycho that was brainwashed into being a killer and then he killed himself and Gunny Hartman.

I think Ermey got caught up into the Hollywood glamour. If he had real moral clarity he would have told Kubrick to shove that filthy anti military movie where the sun don’t shine. Instead he was so anxious to get a starring role he sold his soul to be in the movie. Shame on him.

I was not at the Battle of Hue although I did go there about two weeks after the battle ended. I met some of the men that fought the battle and they were nothing like the caricatures of American psychotic killers as portrayed by Kubrick.

m00
12-31-2010, 10:09 AM
They really didn’t do a good job on anything in the movie. The platoon was portrayed as a bunch of losers with incompetent leadership. Remember you had the stupid kid killing the poor poor Vietnamese girl soldier as she was wounded and then he bragged about what a hard nose Marine he was. Afterwards the troops go marching down the street singing Mickey Mouse. The Vietnamese girl was portrayed as a patriot fighting the invaders but the Marines were portrayed as stupid and inept psychos.

The movie was a hatchet job on the military on several different levels. Everybody was entertained by Ermey’s performance by Kubrick was making fun of him. Listen to Joker’s commentary about being in boot camp. It is not flattering to the military. In fact it was downright disgusting. The real message was only dumbass losers allowed themselves to be manipulated by the military.

Remember that Pvt Pyle was a psycho that was brainwashed into being a killer and then he killed himself and Gunny Hartman.

I think Ermey got caught up into the Hollywood glamour. If he had real moral clarity he would have told Kubrick to shove that filthy anti military movie where the sun don’t shine. Instead he was so anxious to get a starring role he sold his soul to be in the movie. Shame on him.

I was not at the Battle of Hue although I did go there about two weeks after the battle ended. I met some of the men that fought the battle and they were nothing like the caricatures of American psychotic killers as portrayed by Kubrick.

Serious question for ya: do you think we should have been in Vietnam?

gator
12-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Serious question for ya: do you think we should have been in Vietnam?

What do you mean "we"???

I was so are you asking do I think you should have joined me?

NJCardFan
12-31-2010, 10:18 AM

NEWS AT 11!!

Um, not even close fuck face. Oscar the Grouch, taking away the fact that he's a fictional character and a muppet, and Lady Gaga never served in a forward area during a war. Ermey did.

However, you liberals eat up every drop of pablum leftist Hollywood says about anything political and now you're casting aspersions at a guy because his beliefs differ from theirs? Huh. Interesting.

m00
12-31-2010, 10:24 AM
What do you mean "we"???

I was so are you asking do I think you should have joined me?

I mean "we" as a nation, involved in that war.

Kay
12-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Gator may I ask what branch did you serve in?

gator
12-31-2010, 10:41 AM
I mean "we" as a nation, involved in that war.

That is an interesting question. I have to get the ribs ready for the smoker now so I don't have time to answer right now but I will get to you later.

gator
12-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Gator may I ask what branch did you serve in?

I was in the Army. I joined in 1966 and I served a few months in Germany and by the fall of 1967 I was in Vietnam. I stayed in Vietnam until March of 1970.

I actually was in Vietnam the same time as R. Lee Ermey.

Kay
12-31-2010, 11:03 AM
I bet it's harder to be a military parent when you've been there and done
that your own self. When your son was deployed in this war, I would think
that in some ways it would make it easier, knowing what it's like, but in
other ways harder because you do actually know what it is like. I'm very
humbled by your family's service to our country.

Novaheart
12-31-2010, 11:25 AM
I think Ermey got caught up into the Hollywood glamour. If he had real moral clarity he would have told Kubrick to shove that filthy anti military movie where the sun don’t shine. Instead he was so anxious to get a starring role he sold his soul to be in the movie. Shame on him. .

I guess that all depends on whether you view it as work, as art, or as responsible to history. What is a movie? Is it part of our folk history, or is it art? For everyone but the artist, is it simply employment?

I have less problem with someone like Armey (whom I know nothing about but will allow is an honorable person with an admirable past) playing a role you consider unflattering or even subversive in someone else's artistic expression than I do with Harry Morgan trading on his public's affection which he earned playing the role of an honorable soldier-doctor, now for a sleazey company selling casket insurance.

It could actually be argued that an actor playing against his own feelings for the sake of art is exceptional, whereas the person using his good reputation to sell the scam is dishonorable.

Dixie Carter played a raving liberal on Designing Women, despite her being a paleo conservative in real life. She explained it pretty much as I have above- that she was playing a role in someone else's artistic vision, and in exchange she got to sing and perform and her celebrity gave her the ability to support her own causes on her own time.

I don't think I have seen Full Metal Jacket. I saw the one where the guys rape the Vietnamese girl and then kill her, but I don't think I watched the whole thing. I don't like that kind of movie. In truth, I like propaganda films. But if the only kind of war film Hollywood is allowed to produce are the ones which are flattering to the military, then all the films are propaganda. It's also not true to the reality of how people lived and remembered that war. Your perspective is yours and one which you might share with a great many people you have interacted with.

I worked with two men who had been in the Marines in Vietnam. One owned the nightclub and the other was the chef at the nightclub. I knew that the owner had been in the Marines but he never talked about it except in passing. He was engaged in various criminal enterprises. The chef was one of those troubled souls who manages to put on a brave face, show up for work every day, and tell a joke now and then. One day Chef told me he had served with Owner in Vietnam. They had decidedly different experiences and different points of view. Basically Chef had seen himself has having killing out of necessity, while he saw the owner as having enjoyed killing. He actually said that owner laughed while firing his gun. I have no idea if that's normal, but it wouldn't come off as flattering in a movie.

gator
12-31-2010, 01:08 PM
I bet it's harder to be a military parent when you've been there and done
that your own self. When your son was deployed in this war, I would think
that in some ways it would make it easier, knowing what it's like, but in
other ways harder because you do actually know what it is like. I'm very
humbled by your family's service to our country.

My son got discharged a couple of weeks ago and has been home for the holidays. It was late the other night after his Mom and wife had gone to bed and he told me that there was quite a bit more danger than he told us about while deployed. For instance, he only told us about one IED when there had actually been several. We knew of three men in his platoon that had been wounded but there were really 10. There were a lot more mortar attacks and firefights than we knew about.

I am very glad that he held back that info while deployed because it would have really been hard on his Mom. I also would have been very concerned. There is no easy way out for the parents of a deployed soldier.

I did nothing special in the Army except extend my time in Vietnam to be almost three years. What my son did was no different than the other couple of million men and women that joined the post 911 military to serve their country in time of war.

There are also other veterans on CU that served their country honorably and are deserving of all of our respect.

gator
12-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I guess that all depends on whether you view it as work, as art, or as responsible to history. What is a movie? Is it part of our folk history, or is it art? For everyone but the artist, is it simply employment?

I have less problem with someone like Armey (whom I know nothing about but will allow is an honorable person with an admirable past) playing a role you consider unflattering or even subversive in someone else's artistic expression than I do with Harry Morgan trading on his public's affection which he earned playing the role of an honorable soldier-doctor, now for a sleazey company selling casket insurance.

It could actually be argued that an actor playing against his own feelings for the sake of art is exceptional, whereas the person using his good reputation to sell the scam is dishonorable.

Dixie Carter played a raving liberal on Designing Women, despite her being a paleo conservative in real life. She explained it pretty much as I have above- that she was playing a role in someone else's artistic vision, and in exchange she got to sing and perform and her celebrity gave her the ability to support her own causes on her own time.

I don't think I have seen Full Metal Jacket. I saw the one where the guys rape the Vietnamese girl and then kill her, but I don't think I watched the whole thing. I don't like that kind of movie. In truth, I like propaganda films. But if the only kind of war film Hollywood is allowed to produce are the ones which are flattering to the military, then all the films are propaganda. It's also not true to the reality of how people lived and remembered that war. Your perspective is yours and one which you might share with a great many people you have interacted with.

I worked with two men who had been in the Marines in Vietnam. One owned the nightclub and the other was the chef at the nightclub. I knew that the owner had been in the Marines but he never talked about it except in passing. He was engaged in various criminal enterprises. The chef was one of those troubled souls who manages to put on a brave face, show up for work every day, and tell a joke now and then. One day Chef told me he had served with Owner in Vietnam. They had decidedly different experiences and different points of view. Basically Chef had seen himself has having killing out of necessity, while he saw the owner as having enjoyed killing. He actually said that owner laughed while firing his gun. I have no idea if that's normal, but it wouldn't come off as flattering in a movie.

You can just kiss my ass you piece of shit. You are a coward that never had the guts to serve and you have no business talking about any veteran. You are not evern fit to shine the boots of those Marines you were talking about. Go fuck yourself.

Kay
12-31-2010, 01:12 PM
There are also other veterans on CU that
served their country honorably and are deserving of all of our respect.

For sure. And all have my utmost respect.
All who have served past, present and future.

Novaheart
12-31-2010, 01:28 PM
You can just kiss my ass you piece of shit. You are a coward that never had the guts to serve and you have no business talking about any veteran. You are not evern fit to shine the boots of those Marines you were talking about. Go fuck yourself.

I tended bar for many years. Now I am certain exactly who you are. You're the guy that comes into the bar at precisely the moment that the other guys your age realize thy have somewhere else to be.

Zathras
12-31-2010, 01:31 PM
And people wonder why I have Herr Gator on ignore.

gator
12-31-2010, 01:53 PM
I tended bar for many years. Now I am certain exactly who you are. You're the guy that comes into the bar at precisely the moment that the other guys your age realize thy have somewhere else to be.

The last time I remember going into a filthy beer joint or “bar” as you call it LBJ was President.

You know nothing about me but I know about sniveling little cowards like you that never served in the military.

Bailey
12-31-2010, 01:57 PM

Yes I'm going to take a page from your book and put the douche on ignore...

gator
12-31-2010, 01:59 PM

I can't be on too much of ignore if you know what I am talking about on this thread.

You have me on ignore because I have kicked your ass and the ass of the other stupid NeoCons so many times there is no way in the world you want to listen to moral clarity.

Go on back and craw into your little NeoCon hiding place and leave the discussion to those Americans like me that puts the interest of my country ahead of the filthy foreign interest. In other words you can go fuck yourself along with this Novaheart character. You are both Liberals so you can kiss my Paleocon ass.

gator
12-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes I'm going to take a page from your book and put the douche on ignore...

Like Hamp said, with about 700 posts who in the hell really cares what you think.

Kay
12-31-2010, 02:27 PM
I like the hell out of Gator. :)

I think in black and white. I have much more respect for people
who speak their mind even when it's 180 degrees from the way
I think, than I do for those who see the world in shades of gray.

Novaheart
12-31-2010, 02:37 PM
For sure. And all have my utmost respect.
All who have served past, present and future.

Except fudgepackers, right?

Kay
12-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Right.

Wei Wu Wei
12-31-2010, 02:43 PM
I like the hell out of Gator. :)

I think in black and white. I have much more respect for people
who speak their mind even when it's 180 degrees from the way
I think, than I do for those who see the world in shades of gray.

just wanna quote this

gator
12-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=637dmImkDtU

hampshirebrit
12-31-2010, 04:35 PM
(no i don't care are all really)

That's great. Good for you.

I'm assuming when you say this, at least YOU have a clue what you're on about.

PoliCon
12-31-2010, 07:50 PM
OK . . . I need to share this so I can stop giggling when I see this thread. Found out one of my students' mother works for Fudgie Wudgie (http://fudgiewudgie.com) . . . . as a fudge packer . . . . Nice enough kid. But how do you tell people with a straight face that your mom is a fudge packer? :D

Kay
12-31-2010, 07:53 PM
just wanna quote this

In that case then, I just want to quote the above.
So there....now we are even.

Madisonian
12-31-2010, 09:11 PM
OK . . . I need to share this so I can stop giggling when I see this thread. Found out one of my students' mother works for Fudgie Wudgie (http://fudgiewudgie.com) . . . . as a fudge packer . . . . Nice enough kid. But how do you tell people with a straight face that your mom is a fudge packer? :D

Confectionery Outbound Logistics Specialist.

Adam Wood
12-31-2010, 11:34 PM
My son got discharged a couple of weeks ago and has been home for the holidays. It was late the other night after his Mom and wife had gone to bed and he told me that there was quite a bit more danger than he told us about while deployed. For instance, he only told us about one IED when there had actually been several. We knew of three men in his platoon that had been wounded but there were really 10. There were a lot more mortar attacks and firefights than we knew about.

I am very glad that he held back that info while deployed because it would have really been hard on his Mom. I also would have been very concerned. There is no easy way out for the parents of a deployed soldier.

I did nothing special in the Army except extend my time in Vietnam to be almost three years. What my son did was no different than the other couple of million men and women that joined the post 911 military to serve their country in time of war.

There are also other veterans on CU that served their country honorably and are deserving of all of our respect.Amen to that.

I am sure I said it at some point before, but just in case, please extend to your son my personal thanks for his service to this country and, by default, me. It is not humanly possible to thank our veterans, especially our combat veterans, enough.

CueSi
01-01-2011, 03:06 AM

Did you tend bar in Fla, MD, CA or elsewhere? Answer in private if you wish.

~QC