PDA

View Full Version : Report: Israeli Minister Says 'We Will Attack Iran' if Nuke Program Continues

Gingersnap
06-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Report: Israeli Minister Says 'We Will Attack Iran' if Nuke Program Continues

Friday, June 06, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

JERUSALEM ó An Israeli daily says Cabinet Minister Shaul Mofaz has said Israel should attack Iran if it continues with its nuclear program.

The Yediot Ahronot newspaper quotes Mofaz as saying "If Iran will continue with its plan to develop nuclear weapons, we will attack it."

Mofaz's office did not return a call requesting comment on Friday's report. The daily says that Mofaz has warned that the economic sanctions against Iran are not effective. Yediot reports that Mofaz has said that the United States would back any Israeli attack.

Reuters quotes Mofaz as saying "Attacking Iran, in order to stop its nuclear plans, will be unavoidable."

Mofaz is a former defense minister and army chief. He would like to replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert as head of the Kadima Party in light of a corruption scandal that threatens to bring Olmert down.

Mofaz, who was born in Iran, responded to calls from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, that Israel to be wiped off the map, by saying Iran "would disappear before Israel does," according to a Reuters report.

FOX News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363606,00.html)

AmPat
06-06-2008, 11:12 AM
This is the most likely scenario I can see for the US to get involved since we don't have the political will to do what we all know has to be done eventually.

noonwitch
06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I actually like this idea, as long as the US backs Israel's action diplomatically. The Israelis usually have pretty good intelligence about where the nuclear sites are, like they did in 1984 with Iraq.

But we can't let Israel do it and then hang them out to dry in the international community.

lacarnut
06-06-2008, 01:26 PM
This is the most likely scenario I can see for the US to get involved since we don't have the political will to do what we all know has to be done eventually.

Iran is directly and indirectly responsible for killing hundreds if not thousands of American and allied troops by training the terroris, funding them and providing weapons. I don't know what the problem is. We along with Israel should have taken out their nukes and leaders years ago.

LogansPapa
06-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Iím all for giving Israel all the diplomatic back-up they need, as in hot-air statements condemning their enemies - but not an American Express Black Card on their military procurements, with no chance of ever having them pick up the bill.

:cool:

Odysseus
06-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Iím all for giving Israel all the diplomatic back-up they need, as in hot-air statements condemning their enemies - but not an American Express Black Card on their military procurements, with no chance of ever having them pick up the bill.
:cool:

We've already been over this. The vast majority of aid to Israel is in the form of loans, which they have paid back. Out of approximately $100 billion in aid since 1948, the total left to be paid back is somewhere in the neighborhood of $3 billion. That's a far better record than our WWII allies have on the Lend-Lease. But, we all know that the facts aren't what motivates you. You're willing to do nothing to prevent the slaughter of 7 million Israelis by a rogue state, because you blame Jews for killing Christ. Talk about a primitive bigotry...

LogansPapa
06-06-2008, 03:02 PM
You're willing to do nothing to prevent the slaughter of 7 million Israelis by a rogue state, because you blame Jews for killing Christ. Talk about a primitive bigotry...

Seems a couple of our kids died on the beaches of Normandy and their folks might contest your claim, but I wasnít born for another 6 years, so Iíll have to take their word for it.

;)